Sponsored

engine cover removal?

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
There is a reason those cars cost $200k+ and Mustang is around $30k......but hey lets make the engines pretty and charge $50k msrp for the base model due to a pretty engine bay then we can complain the car is too expensive...

[emoji16][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I can see where he's coming from. I don't think it's too farfetched for Ford, Chevy, or Dodge to just start building prettier motors instead of putting ugly plastic over them. Those "exotic" companies take time to make them look nice and I don't understand why there aren't any domestics that follow.
Only one symbol is required to address your comment: $

:)

It's easy to factor a pretty engine into the budget when you can charge $200K for the car. ;) Don't know about you, but I enjoy the Mustang still being a relative performance bargain. These are the kinds of little things that, when added up, could quickly cause price creep. EDIT: just noticed Brent basically made the same point before I posted this.

Besides, the average customer will think that the engine cover looks pretty nice. Enthusiasts are normally willing to spend money dressing things up anyway, so why should Ford add to the cost of the car for something that only a small percentage of customers will truly appreciate?

Plus, they've gotta throw the aftermarket vendors at least a few bones, right? ;)

allgripnoslip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Something in me just loves being able to see the cam covers of any engine. Maybe it's because I'm use to old japanese cars, but the intake manifold is cool looking and the cam's are where the cool mechanical engineering happens.

Put me down on the "naked" side of engine beauty.

Don's Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500. 2018 C63S
ya with no cover on the 5.0 is so cool
roushcoilcovers.jpg
roushcoilcovers2.jpg

OP
OP

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
So without the cover some look good and some are a mess.

If I don't care how it looks, is the any tangible benefit to keeping it off as a way of releasing heat a little more efficiently.

Sponsored

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Naked engines are gorgeous and far better looking than ANY plastic cover....
The motors shown are before emissions, HVAC, cooling, and wiring harnesses. Old motors look great because of their cleanness and simplicity. Modern engines look like a robot ralphed in your engine bay. Engine and valve covers, please!

stilesg57

Threads
Reaction score
Naked or close to it for me. Can anyone honestly say they have more fun in a parka than naked? :D

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Ugh, looks awful without a cover. These aren't beautiful engines, like the old tunnell ports. Might as well give it a sunroof with a sawzall.

Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I can see where he's coming from. I don't think it's too farfetched for Ford, Chevy, or Dodge to just start building prettier motors instead of putting ugly plastic over them. Those "exotic" companies take time to make them look nice and I don't understand why there aren't any domestics that follow.

Are you listening, :ford:
Exactly it really doesn't cost more to make a motor that is attractive with NO covers.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Exactly it really doesn't cost more to make a motor that is attractive with NO covers.
The cover takes 2-5 secs to snap in place.

You would need to pay a worker hours to properly tuck away all wires and tidy up the bay.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
This is gorgeous. Imo. Just add a nice CAI.