Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
They don't turn them off but Ford doesn't care if the cats are there but the O2s need to be plugged in... I do not have CELs
I'd have to retune if I remove the cats correct?
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No... Unless Ford has changed this in the strategy.

This is a Ford thing not a tune thing. Ford themselves do not care about the cats. It will not throw a code on a stock tune stock engine without them. At least this was true on the 18-20 cars.

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
No... Unless Ford has changed this in the strategy.

This is a Ford thing not a tune thing. Ford themselves do not care about the cats. It will not throw a code on a stock tune stock engine without them. At least this was true on the 18-20 cars.
Ok just spoke to Lund and they validated what you said, I read that you can get O2 extenders so that it fools the O2's in to thinking cats are still there.

Customer Service (Lund Racing Support)

Jul 27, 2023, 1:48 PM EDT

Nothing needs to be supported . Its not a tuning related item that is being removed. This car completely stock can have a full off road exhaust with no tune changes. I did it on my 21 GT for 8 months until I put the blower on it . Stock tune and all lol

There is nothing to support here due to the car having factory wideband 02s. It will adjust. We cannot shut off codes though . Its not legal for us to do . Basically no sir, you wont need a tune period on a off road exhaust on a 11-23+ Ford

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Ok just spoke to Lund and they validated what you said, I read that you can get O2 extenders so that it fools the O2's in to thinking cats are still there.

Customer Service (Lund Racing Support)

Jul 27, 2023, 1:48 PM EDT

Nothing needs to be supported . Its not a tuning related item that is being removed. This car completely stock can have a full off road exhaust with no tune changes. I did it on my 21 GT for 8 months until I put the blower on it . Stock tune and all lol

There is nothing to support here due to the car having factory wideband 02s. It will adjust. We cannot shut off codes though . Its not legal for us to do . Basically no sir, you wont need a tune period on a off road exhaust on a 11-23+ Ford
On mine, I have long tube headers that have front O2 fittings and a mid-pipe that has rear O2 fittings. No codes and I passed emissions for New Mexico...

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Ok guys re-gapping the plugs to 0.026". Is it me or does the electrode look bent over? On a slight angle...... Or am I over thinking this?

IMG_20230728_134006.jpg

Sponsored

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ok guys re-gapping the plugs to 0.026". Is it me or does the electrode look bent over? On a slight angle...... Or am I over thinking this?

Mine looked like that too. No big deal. The gap of the contact surface, no matter how small in area, is what really matters...

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
What's everyone using for oil? The 2021 is using 5w30 from factory, anyone switch to 5w50 after boost? I'm going to change the oil and thought I'd get everyone's good opinion....

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
What's everyone using for oil? The 2021 is using 5w30 from factory, anyone switch to 5w50 after boost? I'm going to change the oil and thought I'd get everyone's good opinion....
I use 5w50 full synthetic from Ford. My dealer does it...

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Quick update, got my intial start up tune from Lund, car started up without any issues, idled fine and went through the process of data logging to get Lund the data they needed. Everything looked good so I was given the ok to do a few WOT runs from 2500-5000RPM. Everything seemed to run fine and sent the log back to them. Got my R1 tune and told to do the same WOT pulls unfortunately started raining here so won't happen until tomorrow. So far they like what they see and huge relief for me that the install was good on my part and the car runs smooth. Sound quality from the dashcam isn't the greatest. Thanks for all the help i'm sure its not over yet....

IMG20230810104222.jpg

Last edited:

DrewFiveOhh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Coyote
Okay so I’ve been keeping up with this thread since June when I purchased my Gen 3 with the 2650 kit installed. I bought it this way with 13k miles on it. I’ve had a whole heap of trouble with the car since purchasing it. Most of the issues I’ve had have been discussed on this thread and you guys have been very helpful, but I’m now having an issue that I haven’t seen discussed on here.

A couple weeks ago, I started to get this really ugly sound from the engine bay on every cold start that would eventually go away once the car got to operating temps. Now, it’s not so bad but I have now noticed a squeak/squealing coming from the engine bay which sounds like a belt noise.

The shop I’ve been using is Finish Line Performance and they’ve been extremely helpful, but they are 2 and a half hours away from me so I would like to try to get this figured out on my own. I’m attaching videos of the noise, and if anyone has any advice/input, it would be greatly appreciated. I’m also new to this site, but you can check my car out on Instagram @DrewFiveOhh if interested.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Okay so I’ve been keeping up with this thread since June when I purchased my Gen 3 with the 2650 kit installed. I bought it this way with 13k miles on it. I’ve had a whole heap of trouble with the car since purchasing it. Most of the issues I’ve had have been discussed on this thread and you guys have been very helpful, but I’m now having an issue that I haven’t seen discussed on here.

A couple weeks ago, I started to get this really ugly sound from the engine bay on every cold start that would eventually go away once the car got to operating temps. Now, it’s not so bad but I have now noticed a squeak/squealing coming from the engine bay which sounds like a belt noise.

The shop I’ve been using is Finish Line Performance and they’ve been extremely helpful, but they are 2 and a half hours away from me so I would like to try to get this figured out on my own. I’m attaching videos of the noise, and if anyone has any advice/input, it would be greatly appreciated. I’m also new to this site, but you can check my car out on Instagram @DrewFiveOhh if interested.
Wow that sounds like a belt flapping around in there. I'm thinking maybe it's a a bad idler bearing. The first video I can tell it's not coming from the actual supercharger which is a good thing.

There was a member here that said his stock belt was tight and it caused some problems with bearings.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mine sounded like this, but at a higher pitch, and it was a defective idler. I can't remember which one. I replaced it and the sound went away. I used an old broomstick with the rounded end on my ear and the other on the bolt that holds the idler in place. I checked all the other idlers and it was easy to pinpoint the bad one. Good luck...

Last edited:

DrewFiveOhh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Coyote
Finish Line shimmed my pulley when they were looking over the car and fixing a lot of the issues I was having. If it’s a bad idler bearing, I wonder if that’s what caused it? The sound isn’t as pronounced as the video of the car, but there’s a slight squeal now when the car gets up and going. The video sucks, but you can hear it faintly.

I really love this car and I’m hoping to get all these issues figured out. This kit seems great. Just wish I had done the install instead of purchasing it already done…

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Finish Line shimmed my pulley when they were looking over the car and fixing a lot of the issues I was having. If it’s a bad idler bearing, I wonder if that’s what caused it? The sound isn’t as pronounced as the video of the car, but there’s a slight squeal now when the car gets up and going. The video sucks, but you can hear it faintly.

I really love this car and I’m hoping to get all these issues figured out. This kit seems great. Just wish I had done the install instead of purchasing it already done…
I just saw something on YouTube. If you can't confirm it is an idler, have someone take a look at the timing system and make sure it isn't the timing chain slapping around in there due to chain stretch.

If this is the case then the tensioners will be maxed out. Anyways, good luck and let us know what you found out.
Sponsored