Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What's the smallest upper pulley size with stock lower you all would recommend going with our TVS 2650s? Eaton states on their website that the maximum blower RPM is 18,000 so I'm curious how low people have gone. I am currently running a 3in upper and seeing 9 psi at 7500 rpm. I know that most people see closer to 12-13psi with the 3in but my motor is 10:1 compression and bored .010 over so that is making my pressures a bit lower. I want to see 13 psi but I also don't want to spin the blower too fast.
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What's the smallest upper pulley size with stock lower you all would recommend going with our TVS 2650s? Eaton states on their website that the maximum blower RPM is 18,000 so I'm curious how low people have gone. I am currently running a 3in upper and seeing 9 psi at 7500 rpm. I know that most people see closer to 12-13psi with the 3in but my motor is 10:1 compression and bored .010 over so that is making my pressures a bit lower. I want to see 13 psi but I also don't want to spin the blower too fast.
On 6 rib lowest you can do without tons of slip is a 3, but you can get a belt wrap helper and do down to a 2.62 or a 2.5, obviously you will need a griptec as well as the helper.

You will need to worry only if you change the lower.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’m having an increasing stumble occurring mostly when cold, but lately even cruising on the freeway and on city streets…. It looks like the AFR is leaning out way out, dash gauge says "20"....

Any ideas?

Sponsored

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Getting close to finishing my install and had a question about the passenger side fuel line. So Edelbrock has the line mounted in the center of the fuel rail, but the fuel line that connects is long enough to reach the first hole that's plugged. Edelbrock seems to think that if the engineers put it there then there must be a reason. However looking the stock fuel rail it feeds from the front. Anyhow at the end of the day it's not a huge deal if I leave it but it does bend the hose quit a bit. Any helps appreciated.

IMG_20230607_141800.jpg

Last edited:

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
HELP

OK, hoping someone on this thread may have some insight into my problem. Loss of power and rough idle with a muffled dead but louder exhaust note that sounds as though a cylinder or two is not firing. She also runs significantly hotter than normal. I'm usually around 181F, but now she's hovering in the high 190's. No diagnostic codes thrown. No check engine lights.

I have an extended warranty and my Ford dealer has a Tech that is their guy for supercharged Shelby's, Roush's, etc. He's the only guy that touches my car there. He has a 2019 of his own with a big Kenne-Bell blower.

The tech had it for a few days to diagnose and said that he thinks there is something going on with the Edelbrock blower. Fuel injectors, fuel pump and spark are all good. Compression is good. A video scope of the cylinders reveals that they're all good and they all have good pressure. When he removes the supercharger belt and starts it up, it idles perfectly and sounds totally normal. When he re-installs the belt, the symptoms return.

Does anyone on here have any idea as to what may be going on with the supercharger? The tech said that the Bypass Valve actuator appeared to be working normally. Could the Bypass Valve itself be a problem? The car has been running fine for over 3 years with this blower, until now. Thanks for reading...

20230303_103735.jpg

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Hope he didn’t run it too long without the belt. It also runs the alternator and water pump. Stage 2 with separate blower belt would be o

I assume the misfire monitor didn’t show any misfires?

Did the by pass hold vacuum? It’s open at idle to vent any pressure. Do you have a boost gauge?

I feel your pain though. Same thing with mine. Ran perfect for 3 years and then started with misfires that still haven’t been figured out.

Sounds like he’s narrowed it down though to the blower. Very odd though. These things are typically bullet proof.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Hope he didn’t run it too long without the belt. It also runs the alternator and water pump. Stage 2 with separate blower belt would be o

I assume the misfire monitor didn’t show any misfires?

Did the by pass hold vacuum? It’s open at idle to vent any pressure. Do you have a boost gauge?

I feel your pain though. Same thing with mine. Ran perfect for 3 years and then started with misfires that still haven’t been figured out.

Sounds like he’s narrowed it down though to the blower. Very odd though. These things are typically bullet proof.
This Eddy has had more than it's share of problems throughout the past 3 years. Bucking, jerking and surging at moderate part throttle took 2 tuners and forever to tame enough to make the car tolerable as a daily. Never went away completely. Lund figured it out more than anybody else. Had that problem from day one. Been tested multiple times for vacuum leaks. None have ever been found. If not for the Lund tune, I would have replaced the Eddy with something else a long time ago. Hellion's shop and Headquarters is right here in Albuquerque. If Chris Groves at The Dyno Edge can't figure it out, I'm going to sh*tcan the Eddy and have him install a Hellion TT kit. Chris does a lot of the Dyno testing for Hellion. They're not that far away from each other here in town. Thanks for the response. Everything helps...

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Did a quick search on catch cans.... I have a JLT catch can for N/A can I modify that to use with the supercharger or do I need something supercharger specific?

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did a quick search on catch cans.... I have a JLT catch can for N/A can I modify that to use with the supercharger or do I need something supercharger specific?
you only need to splice into existing PVC setup. Nothing specific needed. Just the hoses. The SC will act like factory as far as crankcase ventilation.

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
you only need to splice into existing PVC setup. Nothing specific needed. Just the hoses. The SC will act like factory as far as crankcase ventilation.
Thanks that worked out perfectly...

IMG20230623081735.jpg

IMG20230623100610.jpg

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Not the news I wanted to post but finally did my start up with the Edelbrock tune, ran for almost a minute and shut off, it gave me a P0073 code, seamed simple enough but didn't thank that would cause the car to not run. Cranked the car car a few more times and it would start then die out. I thought maybe it was the VMP BAP so I unplugged it and went direct to the factory pump and cranked again.... Started up again for about 15 seconds then died out again. This time it threw a few more codes.

P0073
P061B
P2196
P2198

Did a few searches and it may be tune related. The car only has 4000km so I don't suspect any of the sensors to be bad. I've emailed Edelbrock and my tuner as well. If its just tune related I'll have the car trailered to my guy and let him do his thing. I was just hoping to have the car running for a bit to make sure there are no leaks or issues. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Who is the tuner other than Edelbrock?

Did this happen all of a sudden? Did it happen after a change to anything? Did it run fine for 4000km then start this or from day1?

I’m chasing a couple issues as well and have had no success in fixing it. Off idle hesitation and idle misfires that do not trigger a cel and cannot really be seen in a log. Infuriating to say the least.

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
This happened on start up. I loaded the Edelbrcok tune and started the car for the first time.. It ran for about a minute then cut out.. Cranked it a few times it would start for a few seconds then cut out again. I spoke to a tuner and he said its the larger injectors, the Edelbrock uses stock injectors and I went with Ford Racing 56lb injectors. looks like I'll have to chance it on tune day and hope for the best.
Sponsored

Last edited: