Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Arun is pretty busy. Have you booked in yet? He’s busy with all the Corvette and Chevy guys lol.
Quick update: I got in touch with Arun he said he's consulting with a US tuner and waiting to hear back from them..... I even reached out to Steeda in Hamilton and they reached out to SCT to see if they access the ECU to tune. Everyone seems reluctant to tune the car, trying to transport the car across the border seems expensive since I no longer own a pick up truck. I may have to work with one of the US shops and get a tuned sent to me and do the data log work myself.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Quick update: I got in touch with Arun he said he's consulting with a US tuner and waiting to hear back from them..... I even reached out to Steeda in Hamilton and they reached out to SCT to see if they access the ECU to tune. Everyone seems reluctant to tune the car, trying to transport the car across the border seems expensive since I no longer own a pick up truck. I may have to work with one of the US shops and get a tuned sent to me and do the data log work myself.
That stinks. I was afraid of that. Nothing wrong with remote tuning though…

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
That stinks. I was afraid of that. Nothing wrong with remote tuning though…
In your opinion is using Lethal performance and buying a Shoemaker tune the way to go? Or should I stick with Lund? Lund offers tunes that I can use with my SCT device while anything from Lethal requires me to get a HP tuners dongle with the tune.

Sponsored

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
In your opinion is using Lethal performance and buying a Shoemaker tune the way to go? Or should I stick with Lund? Lund offers tunes that I can use with my SCT device while anything from Lethal requires me to get a HP tuners dongle with the tune.
I have to go with Lund. I tried others, but they couldn't tune out the surging and jerking at part-throttle acceleration. Now, Lund didn't tune it ALL the way out, but it's really close and very predictable on the street. Can't go around driving WOT all the time. Lol...

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Tuning can of worms with lots of opinions…

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't have any of the surging on that setup. I'm Lund tuned for the surcharger setup.

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Just ordered a tune from Lund. Fingers crossed it all works out. They told me to change the plug gap to 0.026" and use NGK 6510. The kit came with colder plugs from Ford racing. They said they didn't know anything about Ford racing plugs but if there colder should be ok... I gapped the plugs at 0.028" looks like I'll be making the change to what they want.

Sponsored

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Lund also mentioned that the 55lb Ford Racing injectors were probably near maximum allowance for the boost I'll be making. Found it odd since Edelbrock uses the stock injectors.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Lund also mentioned that the 55lb Ford Racing injectors were probably near maximum allowance for the boost I'll be making. Found it odd since Edelbrock uses the stock injectors.
Probably?

Dunno man, maybe in the cool you can get close to maxing them on pump.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Just ordered a tune from Lund. Fingers crossed it all works out. They told me to change the plug gap to 0.026" and use NGK 6510. The kit came with colder plugs from Ford racing. They said they didn't know anything about Ford racing plugs but if there colder should be ok... I gapped the plugs at 0.028" looks like I'll be making the change to what they want.
They required the same for me. Plus, they wanted at least 2020 GT500 injectors and a BAP. I already had a VMP BAP lying around gathering dust. The injectors were easy to find and inexpensive insurance. I also already had the FRP brand of the NGK 6510 spark plugs that came with the kit. I had to re-gap them to .026 as you mentioned. Alejandro Flores at Lund uses our Edelbrock kit on one of his cars with great success.

As I understand it, the bypass valve vacuum actuator is very small in diameter and it makes it overly sensitive to tune. I use the .015 nitrous jet, included with the kit, to moderate that sensitivity somewhat. Again, Lund is the only tuner that I have found that seems to have the solution for part throttle bucking, jerking and surging common to some of these kits.

Good luck...

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
They required the same for me. Plus, they wanted at least 2020 GT500 injectors and a BAP. I already had a VMP BAP lying around gathering dust. The injectors were easy to find and inexpensive insurance. I also already had the FRP brand of the NGK 6510 spark plugs that came with the kit. I had to re-gap them to .026 as you mentioned. Alejandro Flores at Lund uses our Edelbrock kit on one of his cars with great success.

As I understand it, the bypass valve vacuum actuator is very small in diameter and it makes it overly sensitive to tune. I use the .015 nitrous jet, included with the kit, to moderate that sensitivity somewhat. Again, Lund is the only tuner that I have found that seems to have the solution for part throttle bucking, jerking and surging common to some of these kits.

Good luck...
Thanks this is reassuring to hear, I wanted to do a cat delete but was told that Lund would not turn off the rear O2's and I would have a check engine light, I've put that on the back burner for now. Hope this all works out.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks this is reassuring to hear, I wanted to do a cat delete but was told that Lund would not turn off the rear O2's and I would have a check engine light, I've put that on the back burner for now. Hope this all works out.
They don't turn them off but Ford doesn't care if the cats are there but the O2s need to be plugged in... I do not have CELs
Sponsored