Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
For some reason I thought you were spraying into a spacer just after the TB. I didn't realize you had a spacer under the SC assembly or that you would spray before the TB... Unfortunately for me, with my daily driver here in SoCal there is no 93 available and I don't want to go to E85. I'm still looking for a [realitvely] safe way to NOT cut timing due to the increased IAT levels...
on the stock TB the adapter is bigger which is where i had it before. with it here it works a bit differently.
I don't get any timing cut, there just isn't overhead with a 3.15" pulley and 93 octane. Meth will definitely give you that overhead which is why they told me I can run it like this on 93. It's like having torco with cylinder cooling. During a long pull most times the IAT2 goes down, there have been instances I see it stay the same.
Sponsored

Last edited:

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
Has anyone opened up their stock grill or using an aftermarket? Mine runs 15 over ambient on the freeway on 100+ degree days. I also removed the weatherstrip at the rear of the hood.
20210325_140227.jpg

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I have an Edelbrock 2650TVS on my 18 and I have an issue with a very weak start rarely stalling at startup and requiring to hit the ignition button a second time. I use the bigger 103mm tb and air box from Edelbrock off the stage 2 on my stage 1. I am using LU47’s as an upgrade to the stock 27lb injectors that the stage 1 has no issue working with. I am sticking to pump 93. From what I understand my edelbrock bypass valve on the blower might be opening and closing slightly delayed causing this issue. But I was also wondering if the cars not getting enough fuel on start up from the LU47’s. I will be checking if a revision to the tune and 1050’s fix the issue. But the LU47’s are absolutely enough injector for the car at the power level I'm at when at any speed or rpm. That my tuner has told me they are sure of. The tune has over 50 hours and months of time put into it and the shop is one of the best in the area I’m wondering if anyone has had this issue because at this point it has to be mechanical. And I’m thinking there is going to be at least 1 part that needs a warranty replacement. TB maybe? Bypass valve (dump valve)? Or injector? Wondering Opinions? Maybe all 3. Btw car drives amazing otherwise. extremely fast. IAT’s are great, and you wouldn’t know the car is 700+ wheel on 93 when cruising

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has anyone opened up their stock grill or using an aftermarket? Mine runs 15 over ambient on the freeway on 100+ degree days. I also removed the weatherstrip at the rear of the hood.
20210325_140227.jpg
Didn't want the MAF wash with the grille. but I have them Upper and lower. are you still running the shutter?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have an Edelbrock 2650TVS on my 18 and I have an issue with a very weak start rarely stalling at startup and requiring to hit the ignition button a second time. I use the bigger 103mm tb and air box from Edelbrock off the stage 2 on my stage 1. I am using LU47’s as an upgrade to the stock 27lb injectors that the stage 1 has no issue working with. I am sticking to pump 93. From what I understand my edelbrock bypass valve on the blower might be opening and closing slightly delayed causing this issue. But I was also wondering if the cars not getting enough fuel on start up from the LU47’s. They are absolutely enough injector for the car at the power level I'm at. That my tuner has told me they are sure of. The tune has over 50 hours of time put into it and the shop is one of the best in the area I’m wondering if anyone has had this issue because at this point it has to be mechanical. TB maybe? Bypass valve (dump valve)? Or injector? Wondering Opinions? Maybe all 3. Btw car drives amazing otherwise. extremely fast. IAT’s are great, and you wouldn’t know the car is 700+ wheel on 93 when cruising
Is this on hot starts? if so it's likely the fuel is too hot in the rails. I used to rarely get this but only when its extremely hot and there is no cool down period like when pumping gas. Since I went with spacers this has not happened anymore

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this on hot starts? if so it's likely the fuel is too hot in the rails. I used to rarely get this but only when its extremely hot and there is no cool down period like when pumping gas. Since I went with spacers this has not happened anymore
It’s usually on cold starts. I have not had the issue on hot starts. Once the car is hot the start is strong and normal. Once the car starts there’s zero issues at all. But it’s always a weak cold start sometimes dipping below 500rpm and rarely not strengthening and it just stops, requiring me to hit the push start again. Even more rare maybe 2 times. We’ve looked at the blowers bypass valve and it definitely opens delayed. Which does cause this Issue. Then there’s always the TB. Edelbrock has had TB issues in the past and that 103mm size is wacky.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It’s usually on cold starts. I have not had the issue on hot starts. Once the car is hot the start is strong and normal. Once the car starts there’s zero issues at all. But it’s always a weak cold start sometimes dipping below 500rpm and rarely not strengthening and it just stops, requiring me to hit the push start again. Even more rare maybe 2 times. We’ve looked at the blowers bypass valve and it definitely opens delayed. Which does cause this Issue. Then there’s always the TB. Edelbrock has had TB issues in the past and that 103mm size is wacky.
Sounds like the bypass is not receiving enough vacuum at times to open it. Could be the cam Phasing but that's a shot in the dark. You would think with 12 compression that wouldn't happen.
Also when your out of boost the DI does like 90% of the fueling, this is why the stock injectors are so tiny. If you're going to stay on 93 I don't see a reason for 1000cc injectors even though I have them. I had plans to run E-85 but ended up moving away from the pumps.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like the bypass is not receiving enough vacuum at times to open it. Could be the cam Phasing but that's a shot in the dark. You would think with 12 compression that wouldn't happen.
Also when your out of boost the DI does like 90% of the fueling, this is why the stock injectors are so tiny. If you're going to stay on 93 I don't see a reason for 1000cc injectors even though I have them. I had plans to run E-85 but ended up moving away from the pumps.
Yeah. We shall see. It’s going into the shop for a few weeks I’m sure and they will run through a bunch of tests. Obviously replacing the bypass valve should be a major thing to look into. The shop I go to is really the best and well known. Also are engine builders so it’s in very good hands. I’m confident we will eventually figure it out. It’s been nothing but issues with this blower though. Edelbrock sent me the wrong fuel rails instead of for this car for a 2010 camaro. The pulley was misaligned by 1/100ths of an inch causing a terrible tensioner like chirp and needed to be fixed by my shop. And then this. Makes me wonder if maybe I should’ve just gotten a whipple and been like everyone else. It’s becoming quite annoying and seems like a legit QC issue with Edelbrock. Hoping everything works out but I’m beyond annoyed at this point.

Last edited:

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah. We shall see. It’s going into the shop for a few weeks I’m sure and they will run through a bunch of tests. Obviously replacing the bypass valve should be a major thing to look into. The shop I go to is really the best and well known. Also are engine builders so it’s in very good hands. I’m confident we will eventually figure it out. It’s been nothing but issues with this blower though. Edelbrock sent me the wrong fuel rails instead of for this car for a 2010 camaro. The pulley was misaligned by 1/100ths of an inch causing a terrible tensioner like chirp and needed to be fixed by my shop. And then this. Makes me wonder if maybe I should’ve just gotten a whipple and been like everyone else. It’s becoming quite annoying and seems like a legit QC issue with Edelbrock. Hoping everything works out but I’m beyond annoyed at this point.
On the S650 I will likely go turbo especially of top mount kits make more sense in the engine bay.i haven't had a whole lot of problems with my 2650 other than the stupid rails that could have been designed a whole lot better.

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
Didn't want the MAF wash with the grille. but I have them Upper and lower. are you still running the shutter?
Mine is a PP so no shutter.
Mine is a PP so no grille shutter.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That’s exactly what we’ve found on a number of cars now.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Burkey how are your commuting IATs looking with the MFP spacers.
Excellent.
Being an Aussie delivered car my display is in celsius rather than fahrenhei though, so I won’t bother posting numbers cos it’ll just be hard work for all involved.
As you said, it takes quite some time for any increase to happen.
I had much larger jumps in IAT when the car was NA and running a PMAS intake.
Sponsored