Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
For science, is the TB the only area that rubs on yours? Or are we talking the entire top of blower (or parts thereof)?
Mine isn't a 2650 but I think the housing is identical, mine rubbed on both rear corners a lot, I started getting holes through the liner.
Sponsored

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
I took my liner off. It definitely touched the blower. Not really a problem but I figured a little clearance wouldn’t hurt

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
Just ate a Hellcat Charger for lunch on the interstate. Damn, I love this thing!

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Just ate a Hellcat Charger for lunch on the interstate. Damn, I love this thing!
Nice. I had a new M3 CS try giving me the old ricer flyby yesterday... put a stop to that in a hurry. Don't think he knew what happened with my quiet exhaust and stock 18 inch wheels on.

Sponsored

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Got my 2016 Stage 2 kit finished up this morning. Very few installation issues. Would recommend new installs to tighten up the torx heads on the head of the water pump. Had a tiny leak on mine near the horizontal bung to the LTR. I did a bench injector/fuel rail setup also. Tapered the M6 bolts with a grinder and used antiseize to lube bolt rub against fuel rails which helped. Need a long ball head 5mm socket to make install painless. Used antiseize for manifold install bolts also. Some of the manifold holes are slightly off and made install fun. Used a flex head gear wrench and a 10mm universal swivel to torque. Also, enlarged side cover holes to 5/16” and shaved a bit off the back of the drivers side for additional clearance. Stock belt fit fine, recommend installing over the top left idler last. Only put about 20-30 miles on it so far, but runs pretty good. Idle a bit low on startup , but pretty descent other than that so far.
C828D5B6-E908-444C-A121-2AC92AAF2702.jpeg

Wiggs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
18-19 guys with the 2650 kit, does your hood liner press against the blower when closed? I started to notice an imprint on the liner when opening the hood now.

Also, what is everyone's IATs with the 2650 on gen3 cars? Is ~25-30 over ambient about right?
3k miles in on my '19 and now my IAT's seem are consistently a minimum of 25* above ambient once car is up to temp... pretty sure I am having pump/heat exchanger issues because it will occasionally push fluid out of the reservoir after sitting, then I top it off and it will do it again a few days later. Pump seems to take forever to prime on startup as well.

Likely going to be installing a new pump and trunk tank anyways.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
3k miles in on my '19 and now my IAT's seem are consistently a minimum of 25* above ambient once car is up to temp... pretty sure I am having pump/heat exchanger issues because it will occasionally push fluid out of the reservoir after sitting, then I top it off and it will do it again a few days later. Pump seems to take forever to prime on startup as well.

Likely going to be installing a new pump and trunk tank anyways.
That seems high but my kit is different too. The max I've seen is 20 over amb but that was heavy traffic, normally I see 8-12 over. The minimum seems to be around 64F as that's the lowest I've seen it with no change if it's between 30 and 50 outside.

Wiggs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
That seems high but my kit is different too. The max I've seen is 20 over amb but that was heavy traffic, normally I see 8-12 over. The minimum seems to be around 64F as that's the lowest I've seen it with no change if it's between 30 and 50 outside.
Yeah I'm thinking somethings up with my setup, 60* ambient, 75mph highway driving and IAT is 95-105. Not sure if it's still somehow got air in the system and pump shuts off when driving or what

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Yeah I'm thinking somethings up with my setup, 60* ambient, 75mph highway driving and IAT is 95-105. Not sure if it's still somehow got air in the system and pump shuts off when driving or what
Yeah seems like air is in there somewhere. How did you bleed it originally? I didn't attach the terminal to the fuse box and just put accessory power on the touched the terminal so the pump would run that way I could watch carefully.

Sponsored

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
TBH I think the 18-19s run hotter for some reason. My pump is running correctly and system is definitely bleed out by now. My temps are almost always 25-30 over ambient. Whether I am cruising or in traffic, doesn't seem to matter.

Maybe I am wrong, but I can always hear my pump running soon as I open or close my door, and the I followed the bleeding instructions. Unless there is air in a really hard to get spot in that radiator, I just don't know what else to do. 20-30* over ambient doesn't really bother me too much really.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
TBH I think the 18-19s run hotter for some reason. My pump is running correctly and system is definitely bleed out by now. My temps are almost always 25-30 over ambient. Whether I am cruising or in traffic, doesn't seem to matter.

Maybe I am wrong, but I can always hear my pump running soon as I open or close my door, and the I followed the bleeding instructions. Unless there is air in a really hard to get spot in that radiator, I just don't know what else to do. 20-30* over ambient doesn't really bother me too much really.
mine runs 15-20 over ambient, you may want to try dropping to a 70/30 mix to get better cooling along with a bottle of water wetter to help prevent foaming. The pump running when you open the door and after shut off is normal, it's bc it's triggered by the EVAP solenoid, so anytime it's energized, the pump kicks on. This means when the engine is shut off and when driver door is opened

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Mine ran 25-30 over ambient on both engines before it popped them both...stage 2 seemed to raise both engines over ambient higher....quirky thing is that it would run slightly over ambient a long time if you just pulled out cold and drove it...BUT the second you idle and heat soak any it simply could never recover back down below 25 even cruising with a light load.
I too had planned to install a tank in trunk before next winter but it popped my second engine so that's a mute point now....
My first installer on the first engine, I'm pretty sure used vacuum....not sure how Ford did it on the second engine....

392lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
I am running the 2300 kit. I installed the larger 3.25" pully to bring my boost down to 10lbs of boost thats perfect for 93 pump gas. Plus the lower boost helps with traction. Cruising down the highway my discharge air temps are 6-8 degrees above ambient. With the 3" pully I was seeing 10-12 degrees above ambient.
Sponsored