Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

H00CH90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Finally had my 18 dynoed with the 2650. Numbers were lower than expected but I was more concerned about the knock I saw in the higher rpms. Talked to my tuner and basically it was use an additive or get a larger pulley. I just ordered a 3.5 inch 6 rib pulley going from a 3.25 to see if that helps. Just wondering what belt people are using, I dont see a recommendation from edelbrock for 3.5 inch 6 rib.
20191012_112537.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m very curious to see logs of this. Seems you’re not the only one who has power dropping off substantially around 7k rpm.
Can you actually feel it when driving the car?
Asking because my 16 with the 103TB just pulls and pulls all the way to 8k (custom tuned, less boost, lower CR obviously)

H00CH90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I’m very curious to see logs of this. Seems you’re not the only one who has power dropping off substantially around 7k rpm.
Asking because my 16 with the 103TB just pulls and pulls all the way to 8k (custom tuned, less boost, lower CR obviously)
They didnt log the pull but I did one afterwards and it felt fine. Just pulls and pulls. I've had similar issues with fuel around me before so I do lean towards that but I got BP for dyno day.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Finally had my 18 dynoed with the 2650. Numbers were lower than expected but I was more concerned about the knock I saw in the higher rpms. Talked to my tuner and basically it was use an additive or get a larger pulley. I just ordered a 3.5 inch 6 rib pulley going from a 3.25 to see if that helps. Just wondering what belt people are using, I dont see a recommendation from edelbrock for 3.5 inch 6 rib.
20191012_112537.jpg
Is the dyno of a stage 2? Which TB is on it? I’m wondering if the EB really likes a bigger TB to keep up in the higher revs.

Also, wondering if the boost is actually too high, if the spark retard / knock is doing a number on overall HP.

I have the 2300 still to be installed and am really wondering if spending the money on a bigger TB and lowering boost slightly (go with the 3.25 pulley vs stock 3.00) with a custom tune is the best way to go.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Curious, who is tuning you're setup? You running with the nitrous jet in the bypass, or no? Any surging or driving issues?

Those numbers don't look bad, I will be dyno'ing my Stage 1 soon w/ custom tune. Can't wait to see how it compares to you Stage 2 guys.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Is the dyno of a stage 2? Which TB is on it? I’m wondering if the EB really likes a bigger TB to keep up in the higher revs.

Also, wondering if the boost is actually too high, if the spark retard / knock is doing a number on overall HP.

I have the 2300 still to be installed and am really wondering if spending the money on a bigger TB and lowering boost slightly (go with the 3.25 pulley vs stock 3.00) with a custom tune is the best way to go.
Anecdotal evidence, but my car seems MUCH happier with a bigger pulley on the 2300. Stock TB. It just drives all around better and pulls just as hard. I think they pushed the pulley size to the limit to get marketing numbers.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Never mind. I see the list of mods (have to turn my phone sideways to see them).

Custom tune and 103 TB.

H00CH90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Curious, who is tuning you're setup? You running with the nitrous jet in the bypass, or no? Any surging or driving issues?

Those numbers don't look bad, I will be dyno'ing my Stage 1 soon w/ custom tune. Can't wait to see how it compares to you Stage 2 guys.
Lund is tuning and it drives great. I took the nitrous pill out.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Do you see any drop off after 7000 or have you had it on a dyno? I know all the effort you’ve put in and thank you!!

Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Injector data availability. They tune from a base file and only work with injectors they know really well so it cuts down on revisions.
Did they give you a list of what they would tune? I was planning on FIC 775s, they have Ford/SCT specific data available for all their injectors.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you see any drop off after 7000 or have you had it on a dyno? I know all the effort you’ve put in and thank you!!
I can’t see any drop-off looking at the logs. The local dyno can’t hold the car. Just produces wheelspin.
I’m working on converting the logs using virtual dyno which won’t be perfect of course, but it will at least give a decent indication of the curves involved. Really, that’s the important bit IMO.
Sponsored