Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Discussion in 'Forced Induction - 5.0L V8 Engine' started by Jobodizo, Apr 10, 2019.

1. wsfrazier

wsfrazier Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
    0   0   0
    As someone who has tuned their own cars in the past and has been doing this for awhile, I actually appreciate Lunds "no-fluff or bs" business approach. I review the log myself before sending it in in case anything concerns me, but honestly their revisions are dead on. When I installed the fuel system, injectors, E85, and pulley drop, the car was dialed in on the 3rd revision.

Car drives great, 100% better than PBD and the Edelbrock tune.

illtal and Burkey like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Jobodizo

Jobodizo Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 DIB GT
    Garage Profiles:
    Engineer
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Nothing like a good tune. Before I got my dyno tune, I was ready to sell my car after the install I was so disappointed. Completely turned the car around.

3. dragonszar

dragonszar Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    My car drove like crap for the longest time on the Edelbrock tune, lots of jumpy motion in stop and go traffic, and parking lots. Without the nitrous pill installed it's almost undriveable on the edelbrock tune. I finally broke down and got a tune, the difference is night and day. I went with brenspeed, they were able to remote tune the car running the edelbrock kit as-is, car drives like it's stock now.

4. aleccolin

aleccolin Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Colin
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT PP
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
  5. dragonszar

dragonszar Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    See my post right above yours. I'm on their tune right now. No complaints. Drives like stock, a ton better than the edelbrock tune.

6. OP
    OP
    Jobodizo

Jobodizo Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 DIB GT
    Garage Profiles:
    Engineer
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I looked at them, but I was an early adopter so I wasn't 100% that the tune was the issue. Taking it in to a shop with a dyno and a reputable tuner was an insurance policy in case I screwed up the install. Brenspeed was one of the first companies to jump on the EB bandwagon, so they've been doing it for a while.

7. Burkey

Burkey Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    EXCELLENT! The answer to your question is slip desired and slip actual. Eg. How much slip is commanded vs the result.

8. illtal

illtal Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    @wsfrazier did you modify your fuel system or install it like it came?

I'm having a custom overflow/surge tank made,. I'll post up when I get it installed.

9. wsfrazier

Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
    0   0   0
    I installed the Lethal triple pump and dual regulator system. Probably overkill but it was on sale for the same price as a duel pump/single regulator Fore setup. Don't think I will be needing to worry about fueling again on the car atleast.

-10 feed, -8 return, one regulator for hpfp, the other post rails for low side control, triple 450/267 pumps in division-x hat. The Fragola PTFE lines are very stiff and a little hard to work with compared to the Fore Starlite stuff, but the quality is definitely there. Plus they were all pre-measured and assembled so the install was a little easier.

Hardest part was the fuel rails as usual with this Edelbrock blower. Hopefully this was the last time I ever got to touch those fuel rails again.

Burkey likes this.
  10. illtal

illtal Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    I'm stuck in Italy, I had my kit before you but can't install it until flights are available. I remember you wanted to know about installing it in series, and posted up a diagram. My opinion was not to install it like that.

Did you do 1 , 2 or 3 pumps all the time? I was thinking 1 with a two pump push on Hobbs.

11. Christenn23

Christenn23 New Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    2011 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    I thought Brenspeed didn't do remote tuning?

12. wsfrazier

Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
    0   0   0
    I just ran them in a series, IN to front of pass rail, OUT on end of driver side rail. I suppose technically a parallel setup with a Y feeding both rails would be better, but I wasn't going to hack up Lethals kit and fuel lines, and I'm not trying to make 1kwhp so its fine.

Both Lund and Lethal told me on 18+ cars and E85, running all 3 pumps hot should be fine (they both do it on their cars). So I am doing that for now, I am not a fan of hobbs switches. I do have the wires ran from the pumps to engine bay for a hobbs switch though. So if I decide to do that, it will be quick and easy.

13. wsfrazier

Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
    0   0   0
    I do have 1 odd issue with the first regulator that feeds the HPFP. No matter what adjustments I make on the regulator, the gauge on the regulator won't change pressure reading, it just swings 60-70psi. I swapped regulators and gauges to make sure it wasn't bad parts. The logs also show the DI side is getting proper fueling. So I can't explain that, but it's working fine. I am guessing the cam lobe on the HPFP is somehow making the pressure swing on that regulator.

14. illtal

illtal Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT
    0   0   0

Ok I was trying to see if you ran the return from the hpfp regulator to the rails like that diagram u posted. Anyway sounds like you didn't.

15. CrazyG123

CrazyG123 New Member

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 mustng gt
    0   0   0
    But aren’t they shorter? How would you secure the rail?