Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
That tank looks good. 2 quart capacity I believe.

How does it mount though? Anyone with a pic of it mounted?
Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Beside the passenger strut tower. Shown is an S197, the tank that comes with the new kits is a little different to clear the strut tower brace better on the S550, but with an Edelbrock blower you can't use that anyway.

If you buy the tank separately it might not include the bracket, no clue. Also you might need a cap, it should be the same as on the stock coolant tank.

Engine-Oil-Fed_Tuner_Kit_for_2011_Mustang_GT_Final_1024x1024.jpg

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Beside the passenger strut tower. Shown is an S197, the tank that comes with the new kits is a little different to clear the strut tower brace better on the S550, but with an Edelbrock blower you can't use that anyway.

If you buy the tank separately it might not include the bracket, no clue. Also you might need a cap, it should be the same as on the stock coolant tank.

Engine-Oil-Fed_Tuner_Kit_for_2011_Mustang_GT_Final_1024x1024.jpg
I see it mounted to the strut, tower It LOOKS like it's a replacement for the missing reservoir for the radiator, BUT it definitely can be used as a surge for the SC.
I just looked up the 15-17 Part number (8N155-090)

for some it's 269 But it shows up as a Kit which leads me to believe it has the hangers on it too

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The S197 tank is P/N 8N055-080 and there are two brackets 4FQ010-030 (BRKT, CLNT RES) & 4FQ010-040 (BRKT B, CLNT RES). It doesn't say which but I'm betting 030 is the upper and 040 (Bracket B) is the lower.

upload_2020-5-18_17-58-40.png

Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I see it mounted to the strut, tower It LOOKS like it's a replacement for the missing reservoir for the radiator, BUT it definitely can be used as a surge for the SC.
I just looked up the 15-17 Part number (8N155-090)

for some it's 269 But it shows up as a Kit which leads me to believe it has the hangers on it too
8N155-090 lists in the 15-17 install manual as WATER TANK WELD ASY, 2015 MUST - the assembly has the mounting tabs made into it.

upload_2020-5-18_18-5-33.png

upload_2020-5-18_18-6-43.png
View attachment 469446

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The 15-17 tank looks too wide to fit with the blower, but the K-brace makes the 11-14 bracket not work.

I'll probably pick up the tank and just fabricate a bracket for it.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
right and the 18+ is this one:

8N155-110

Brackets seperate, BUT I typed in the assembly it was cheaper than just the tank weird, Which one you think I should try out lol

No brainer should just try to use the 18 version: Looks like it has less capacity, but that top inlet looks way small.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
right and the 18+ is this one:

8N155-110

Brackets seperate, BUT I typed in the assembly it was cheaper than just the tank weird, Which one you think I should try out lol

No brainer should just try to use the 18 version: Looks like it has less capacity, but that top inlet looks way small.
Looks like the 18 tank is mounted on the driver's side, is noticably smaller, and I'm not digging the way it's mounted.

upload_2020-5-18_18-18-41.png

upload_2020-5-18_18-19-19.png

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
welp, that kills the dream.... I'm back to getting PNR tank lol

Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What is everybody seeing for IAT's? I am consistently seeing 30 degree's above ambient. This is the case if I am getting on it or if I am just cruising down the highway at 80 mph. I think I might have a small leak somewhere in the intercooler plumbing. I have noticed a couple of drops of coolant every so often and its not really consistent. I am going to take off the front bumper/splash shield just to verify everything is connected and tight. I am sure if I do have a leak that is introducing air into the system. I just wanted to see what people are seeing with theirs and what I should be expecting.
Outside of the potential leak issue you have, is it possible that the IC/HE hasn’t been properly purged of air? My IAT’s don’t get anywhere near the gaps you’re quoting.
In normal driving (short trips of say 5-10mins) at 30-45 mph, I get a gap of 10*f or less.
As an example, even in the peak of summer I find the gap between ambient and IAT2 to sit around 20-25*f after a heap of pulls and I mean a HEAP.
Whatever you do, don’t remove the cap unless the IC pump is running. You’ll end up with coolant everywhere if it’s not operating.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’m running similar spreads as well.

I’m pretty sure I’ve got an air bubble somewhere in the system as it didn’t take near a gallon and a half to fill it.

What’s the best way to purge the system of air? I’ve been keeping an eye on the tank but it hasn’t moved. Mind you, I haven’t put a ton of miles on it and I’m still data logging...

How much did everyone’s take to fill from empty?

Thanks for the help!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running similar spreads as well.

I’m pretty sure I’ve got an air bubble somewhere in the system as it didn’t take near a gallon and a half to fill it.

What’s the best way to purge the system of air? I’ve been keeping an eye on the tank but it hasn’t moved. Mind you, I haven’t put a ton of miles on it and I’m still data logging...

How much did everyone’s take to fill from empty?

Thanks for the help!
It’s possible that my setup might be an outlier because of the phenolic spacers I fitted. Not sure.
All I’ve ever done to purge the system is get an assistant to cycle the pump on, give the hoses a good few squeezes. Cycle off. Cycle back on, remove cap, fill to near the brim, replace cap, take car for drive, repeat.
Just keep in mind that you obviously can’t squeeze the hoses with the cap off or remove the cap without the pump running unless you want coolant everywhere. If you can remove the cap without the pump running and not lose coolant, you have a long way to go on the fill.
I don’t recall the exact quantity required to fill sorry,

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey @Burkey. Lund were happy with the logs and are happy for a WOT to 7200rpm.

Also, how much of the K-brace did you cut to make supercharger fit?

I'm still trying to figure this noise out.

The closest my supercharger gets to the K brace is about 5mm. Drivers side pretty much as the brace comes out from underneath the plastic cowl. So if it was to hit it would be in that 'side to side' engine movement.

Not sure how much movement there is an engine though...

Clearly not showing up on WOT logs...

Attached a photo. There is a mark on the edge but I'm pretty sure I made that mark putting the brace back in...
20200519_180041.jpg
Sponsored