Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. She's alive!!!

Started right up on the base tune.

It's running pretty rich... it's thrown a few codes for O2 sensor stuck rich... I'm thinking this might be a base tune issue???

I've also got the airbag light on the dash as well. Thoughts?

Now gotta put it back together and deal with the broken bumper clips...
For boosted applications it’s not uncommon for the tuner to deliberately target a little extra fuel and let the fuel trims work out what to do with it. Being Lund, when it’s all said and done your trims will likely be at 1-2% (AKA, mint).
Don’t stress, you’re in good hands there.
Sponsored

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
For boosted applications it’s not uncommon for the tuner to deliberately target a little extra fuel and let the fuel trims work out what to do with it. Being Lund, when it’s all said and done your trims will likely be at 1-2% (AKA, mint).

Don’t stress, you’re in good hands there.
Hey thanks @Burkey .

Any thoughts on the airbag light?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey thanks @Burkey .

Any thoughts on the airbag light?
I’m thinking that you may have forgotten to reconnect one of the electrical plugs when you put the bumper back on. This would likely cause the airbag light to illuminate IIRC.

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’m thinking that you may have forgotten to reconnect one of the electrical plugs when you put the bumper back on. This would likely cause the airbag light to illuminate IIRC.
You were spot on my friend!

First set of logs done and sent off. Can't wait to dial it in...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Man those ID1050x injectors are loud! Lol...
They’re all loud without the engine cover, lol. I ended up buying a sheet of hood liner and layering the bottom of the side covers to help absorb the sound.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
They’re all loud without the engine cover, lol. I ended up buying a sheet of hood liner and layering the bottom of the side covers to help absorb the sound.
Did that work very well? I have the DW95s and they’re noisy AF!

Thanks!

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did that work very well? I have the DW95s and they’re noisy AF!

Thanks!
It’s not gone, but it’s much better.

matwgood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2013 Ford F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Expedition Platinum
So just had mine tuned by Lund on a dyno at a local speed shop here in Denver. Alex w/ Lund was really happy with the car is behaving. Got 698 HP out of her which is a bit more than I was expecting. I know I am just at the limit of pump gas. Now I just need to get some new wheels and tires to at least try to keep up with the power. I think the next thing I will save for is a return style fuel system so I can go E85. This has been fun and the biggest thing I have ever tried to install myself. It really is a great kit and I would recommend to anyone.

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So just had mine tuned by Lund on a dyno at a local speed shop here in Denver. Alex w/ Lund was really happy with the car is behaving. Got 698 HP out of her which is a bit more than I was expecting. I know I am just at the limit of pump gas. Now I just need to get some new wheels and tires to at least try to keep up with the power. I think the next thing I will save for is a return style fuel system so I can go E85. This has been fun and the biggest thing I have ever tried to install myself. It really is a great kit and I would recommend to anyone.
That sounds awesome mate.

Do you have the TVS2650? Sorry I couldn't remember.

This is the biggest install I've ever done as well. It's been really worth it. I'm street tuning. I got my first revision overnight. Being tuned by Brandon.

Sponsored

matwgood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2013 Ford F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Expedition Platinum
That sounds awesome mate.

Do you have the TVS2650? Sorry I couldn't remember.

This is the biggest install I've ever done as well. It's been really worth it. I'm street tuning. I got my first revision overnight. Being tuned by Brandon.
Yep I have the TVS2650 with the Stage 2. So 103mm TB, new injectors, and BAP. It was a huge install. Biggest install I have ever attempted. Thank God I warned my wife when I told her I would be done in a day she needs to multiply that by 4 or so!

Plus after I got it done I kept waiting for something to be wrong. Every little sound and new tick I heard was making me think something was wrong. Luckily so far nothing has been and I am starting to relax a bit.

I was going to do the street tuning until they said they wanted a 4 gear WOT and in my car that's about 150mph. They have been cracking down on speeding so much since the virus and the roads have less cars on them. So found this shop who was willing to datalog for me while on the dyno. Then it was just a few emails back and forth between Lund and the shop. I also wanted a dyno sheet to see what this 8k+ supercharger was adding.

It took 5 revisions. Car starts up and idles like stock. To be honest unless you start getting after it it's very well behaved.

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yep I have the TVS2650 with the Stage 2. So 103mm TB, new injectors, and BAP. It was a huge install. Biggest install I have ever attempted. Thank God I warned my wife when I told her I would be done in a day she needs to multiply that by 4 or so!

Plus after I got it done I kept waiting for something to be wrong. Every little sound and new tick I heard was making me think something was wrong. Luckily so far nothing has been and I am starting to relax a bit.

I was going to do the street tuning until they said they wanted a 4 gear WOT and in my car that's about 150mph. They have been cracking down on speeding so much since the virus and the roads have less cars on them. So found this shop who was willing to datalog for me while on the dyno. Then it was just a few emails back and forth between Lund and the shop. I also wanted a dyno sheet to see what this 8k+ supercharger was adding.

It took 5 revisions. Car starts up and idles like stock. To be honest unless you start getting after it it's very well behaved.
I'm a bit worried about the eventual WOT pull. If it's too difficult I'll have to book in somewhere local on a DYNO....

When tuned for E85/ flex before this I was able to get away with 2nd or 3rd gear WOT pull on NA E85/ flex.... but I get this is different....

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a bit worried about the eventual WOT pull. If it's too difficult I'll have to book in somewhere local on a DYNO....

When tuned for E85/ flex before this I was able to get away with 2nd or 3rd gear WOT pull on NA E85/ flex.... but I get this is different....
Just use fourth if you can find the right piece of road. Third ceases to be an option if you’re making enough steam or don’t have a drag radial under it. You “might” be ok with third.
Scoping the road prior to 3rd/4th WOT pull is highly recommended obviously

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just use fourth if you can find the right piece of road. Third ceases to be an option if you’re making enough steam or don’t have a drag radial under it. You “might” be ok with third.
Scoping the road prior to 3rd/4th WOT pull is highly recommended obviously
Thanks Burkey.

This sounds stupid but do you do anything in particular to do a WOT pull on the street for logging? Tyre pressures, warm up tyres???

I've obviously done WOT pulls before but not with a supercharged car. My previous car was a WRX but all wheel drive helped...

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Burkey.

This sounds stupid but do you do anything in particular to do a WOT pull on the street for logging? Tyre pressures, warm up tyres???

I've obviously done WOT pulls before but not with a supercharged car. My previous car was a WRX but all wheel drive helped...
All I ever did was give it a few decent hits on the way to the test site in an attempt to raise the IATs and therefore take some of the aggression out of it.
The tyres will warm themselves up. You’ll understand this soon enough.
Just don’t forget to either turn off all ESC/TC or pull the plug located near the airbox.
There’s really no point logging the car with TC kicking in.
Just be on your toes if you’re not familiar with a powerful RWD car.
Results will vary from car to car obviously. Mine used to hook pretty good on my previous setup but since swapping the blower and tuner, 3rd gear WOT pulls aren’t an option.

Let us know how you get on.
Sponsored