Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
How comes other brands dont have a 63 page trouble shooting manual? Overall I'm happy with my E-force kit but there does seem to be alot of issues compared to other brands.
I think the timing of the release has something to do with it. Whipple (for example) have had the Gen 2/3/4/5:coming out over the past few years.
If you consolidated ALL the Whipple troubleshooting threads of the past 3 years like we have here, you’d see the same if not more going on.
Everything from “My TB is throwing codes” to “my belt alignment is jacked up” to “my bypass valve actuator rubs” etc etc etc
You get the picture.
The main themes I see for the Edelbrock are “fuel rails are killing me, how much rope is needed for a functional noose” and “Eddy tune isn’t fantastic”
I think they all have dramas to some extent. We probably don’t hear much about the success stories either I guess.
Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
There are alot of posts here too that aren't really "troubleshooting" and instead are just helpful install tips/tricks since there wasn't much else found online compared to Whipple/VMP/Vortech/etc

Dun5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 15 Premium
I have to tell you that after 6k miles on my car since the install last March 2019. My car has been awesome. It’s tuned by Lund. Mine was one of the first for Lund. Drivability is stock like. Power is on point. Only took 4 revisions.
15 Auto 3.15 gears.
DW 95’s
VMP BAP
NGK 6510 .028 gap
93 oct fuel

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Ok, I may also be wrong about the '15-'17 Stage2 Airbox Kit. I only see part# 15868 for a '15-'17 "Competition Air Intake Kit" for $499. I'm assuming that's for an NA car only?

395816-6115599916d8e44b06f89fd911f037cf.jpg

The Stage2 Airbox Kit that I previously referenced is part# 15882, but it's for the '11-'14 model years at $472.95.

395818-cac63e0d7204cbbcf8c10a7c92250a6e.jpg

The only upgrade for '18-'20 Stage1 kits is the "Edelbrock Stg 2 Supercharger Upgrade" kit, part# 15883, for $3,799.87 that also includes injectors, BAP, TB, Pulleys and 8-rib upgrade.

395819-e465b45efef0be7ebc06cf067f1c0b80.jpg

Sorry for the confusion... View attachment 416733 View attachment 416735 View attachment 416736
There is going to be a new intake option available soon from what I've heard so you don't have to buy the Edelbrock one, it was posted over the Edelbrock tech Facebook group. It's made for 103mm cars, so anyone with a stage 1 who later upgraded to a 103mm TB or someone wanting a larger intake with a better flowing filter than the edelbrock one

IMG_0172.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I saw that intake on the Jn2ning Facebook page. I've been waiting to hear results and price. I wish the 103 mm throttle body wasn't $800 but it is what it is. Does anyone know the size of the GT500 tb?

Sponsored

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
The #15868 air filter kit is for the Stage 1 supercharger kit. This supercharger kit used the factory airbox. This air intake kit requires a retune because it flows more air than the stock airbox. Have not dyno'ed the car since installing this intake kit but it feels stronger.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I saw that intake on the Jn2ning Facebook page. I've been waiting to hear results and price. I wish the 103 mm throttle body wasn't $800 but it is what it is. Does anyone know the size of the GT500 tb?
Yeah, I plan to order one for mine, I have the stage 2, which is a 113mm intake, but the PMAS 120mm housing is much larger, so it will def have less of an inlet restriction. So the more boost you run, the more less power you will lose to the smaller 113 intake Edelbrock includes in the kit.

The 20+ GT500 is a 95mm, not sure on whether it's digital or analog though, 18+ cars are digital, and 17 and older are analog, and they cannot be interchanged

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
Yeah, I plan to order one for mine, I have the stage 2, which is a 113mm intake, but the PMAS 120mm housing is much larger, so it will def have less of an inlet restriction. So the more boost you run, the more less power you will lose to the smaller 113 intake Edelbrock includes in the kit.

The 20+ GT500 is a 95mm, not sure on whether it's digital or analog though, 18+ cars are digital, and 17 and older are analog, and they cannot be interchanged
Who’s selling it? I feel the stage 2 intake could be larger for sure

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Another quick PSA from your friendly neighborhood Edelbrock-runner:

For those of you using the side covers on your system, check to make sure that there isn't any contact between the rear edge of the driver cover and the braided fuel line. I started to hear a faint buzz on cold days during startup and went looking, only to find the contact. No matter how I moved everything around, there wasn't any avoiding it. There is a small rub mark on the hose, but luckily I found it before it really started to do any damage. I took the opportunity to grind a relief on that back edge, and while I was in there clearanced the rear corner of the passenger cover as well.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Another quick PSA from your friendly neighborhood Edelbrock-runner:

For those of you using the side covers on your system, check to make sure that there isn't any contact between the rear edge of the driver cover and the braided fuel line. I started to hear a faint buzz on cold days during startup and went looking, only to find the contact. No matter how I moved everything around, there wasn't any avoiding it. There is a small rub mark on the hose, but luckily I found it before it really started to do any damage. I took the opportunity to grind a relief on that back edge, and while I was in there clearanced the rear corner of the passenger cover as well.
This was mentioned in the. instructions, they recommend you cut a section of hose and wrap it around the braided line to act as a rubber guard for it

Sponsored

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
One other thing.
For the sake of science, try placing the car in snow/wet mode and see what happens.
Still working on the video for you, Mate. I have my digital dash dial for AFR, but I'm also going to add that read-out to my nGauge to compare.

As for trying "Snow/Wet" mode, it's a big improvement. The car has so much off-idle and low rpm torque that it has no problem with the earlier shift schedules while puttering around town. I prefer it actually. Feels like I'm slugging along in a high compression 500" plus big block. Moderate part throttle tries to buck and jerk, but in Snow/Wet mode it shifts up as soon as it detects it, thus moderating it significantly. I'm sure at hard part throttle I can get it to buck/surge, but I'm not in a hurry to try it out yet.

The surging behavior at fast idle and going uphill in cruise control is still there, moderated a little by the Snow/Wet mode, but only just a little. I have a VMP plug-n-play BAP that I would like to try, but I don't know whether or not that would even help and I don't know whether or not that would have to be facilitated in the tune.

I also have a digital 87mm TB (Bullitt part #), but I don't know that it would be any easier to tune. I'm going to email someone at Lund and Justin at VMP to see what they think and try to determine, if they could tune the car better.

These baby steps are killing me. Lol...

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Don’t suppose any one knows the part number of the belt tensioner or what it’s from?

managed to damage mine today swapping belts. Doesn’t appear to have any part numbers on it.

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Mustang GT
Don’t suppose any one knows the part number of the belt tensioner or what it’s from?

managed to damage mine today swapping belts. Doesn’t appear to have any part numbers on it.
The parts list for my supercharger kit shows:
P/N 51-7073 Tensioner, Dayco, Ref# 89383

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Thank you. It’s the Dayco 89383.

going to have to get one shipped over. Doesn’t seem to be available here in the uk.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
This was mentioned in the. instructions, they recommend you cut a section of hose and wrap it around the braided line to act as a rubber guard for it
just looked back through my manual and there was no mention of that. Maybe they updated it for the modular inlet units?
Sponsored