Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
Anyone have an issue when you load the edelbrock tune the car won’t start but put the stock tune back in and it fires up?
Sponsored

88marine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
I have 2018 GT with Edelbrock stage 1 15832. Can anyone tell me how the car will drive if you take the nitrous jet out of the vacuum line going to the bypass actuator valve?

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I have 2018 GT with Edelbrock stage 1 15832. Can anyone tell me how the car will drive if you take the nitrous jet out of the vacuum line going to the bypass actuator valve?
When I took mine out it was a night and day difference. The boost comes in really fast and surging in parking lots of driveways at a low rpm went away.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Ok, finally have my Stage-1 kit installed in my '18 A10. It's at my local tuner for a few more days.

The fuel rails are a special kind of pain and are badly in need of a redesign or some design modifications. Tapered bolts may have been easier. Better than that, having threaded studs in place of the bolt holes would have been easier still. I shouldn't actually use any variation of the word, easy, with respect to those fuel rails. The VMP I installed in my '14 A6 was not nearly as hard for me, even with all of the grinding.

Dyno results next week. Basic Stage-1 kit through a 10R80. Long tubes. No cats. No resonator suitcase. 170 thermostat. UPR dual catch can kit. I removed the carbon filter from the airbox while also grinding down and smoothing out all the inside bosses and casting flash.

Any guesses what she will make on 91?

20190804_114837.jpg

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, finally have my Stage-1 kit installed in my '18 A10. It's at my local tuner for a few more days.

The fuel rails are a special kind of pain and are badly in need of a redesign or some design modifications. Tapered bolts may have been easier. Better than that, having threaded studs in place of the bolt holes would have been even easier. I shouldn't actually use any variation of the word, easy, with respect to those fuel rails. The VMP I installed in my '14 A6 was not nearly as hard for me, even with all of the grinding.

Dyno results next week. Basic Stage-1 kit through a 10R80. Long tubes. No cats. No resonator suitcase. 170 thermostat. UPR dual catch can kit. I removed the carbon filter from the airbox while also grinding down and smoothing out all the inside bosses and casting flash.

Yup, those fuel rails can quite seriously go and eat a large quantity of penis.
Welcome to the club!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
My kit came with Bosch 50lb injectors and Lund just told me they will not tune for those injectors. What brand are yours? Does anyone know if edelbrock ships different injectors from kit to kit?
Stage 2 kit here. Came with 47 lb. Ford Racing

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Stage 2 kit here. Came with 47 lb. Ford Racing
Apparently the Bosch 50lb are the same as Ford racing 47lb. Either way that injector is very limited and I personally would of liked the option to upgrade.

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT

The fuel rails are a special kind of pain and are badly in need of a redesign or some design modifications. Tapered bolts may have been easier. Better than that, having threaded studs in place of the bolt holes would have been easier still. I shouldn't actually use any variation of the word, easy, with respect to those fuel rails. The VMP I installed in my '14 A6 was not nearly as hard for me, even with all of the grinding.

20190804_114837.jpg

Can't wait to see what numbers you put up. I will have a similar setup installed next month (stock headers/cats) on 93 with Corsa cat back.

Sponsored

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Well, a little caveat to my install. On second thought, perhaps not so little. I thought that the car was taking longer than normal at the tuners and today I found out why.

It seems that the rear passenger injector leak kept coming back and they couldn't get any tuning done. They removed the fuel rail and inspected the injectors and everything was fine. They did this twice, before realizing that the fuel rail bracket holes were not aligned to the holes tapped into the supercharger. It was off just enough to cause misalignment of the fuel rail which led to the passenger rear fuel injector leaking at its connection with the fuel rail. They bore scoped the alignment and sent pictures of the mismatch to Edelbrock, but Edelbrock never responded back, despite promising to do so.

That last injector would seat properly into the fuel rail, until the rear bracket bolt was inserted. Even loose, the last injector would leak from the top where it connected to the fuel rail. After nothing but crickets from Edelbrock, they gave up on any manufacturer support and drilled out and routed the hole in the bracket to align the bracket holes to the holes in the supercharger better and to provide some more adjustment slack to keep the injector properly seated in the fuel rail. It worked, but at significant cost to me in labor charges. I would never have figured that out myself. I don't have a bore scope and wouldn't have suspected a manufacturer error on something so basic like that.

My local tuner is well known and respected in the greater Southwest. He races his own Mustang in sanctioned events and tunes most of the more prominent local amateur and professional Mustang racers in New Mexico as well as some in adjoining states. He is professional acquaintances of and collaborates with Justin Starkey at VMP and Ken Bjonnes at Palm Beach Dyno. He is frequently asked for information with respect to tuning in high altitudes, one of his more prominent and well known specialties. He works with and does custom street and race installs of Hellion Turbo systems, which is headquartered coincidentally right here in Albuquerque not too far from his shop. He also does a lot of installs and tuning for VMP, Roush, Whipple and all of the centrifugal makes. This was his first Edelbrock, but I did the install. He was just tuning.

He was quite motivated to work with me on the Edelbrock 2.65L system, because he had heard and read so much positive feedback on it and liked the inverted rotor/intercooler design. Now, I'm not so sure that he would be able to recommend this system based on his experience with my install and the lack of support from Edelbrock. Honestly, if I had to do it all over again, I would go with the locally produced Hellion Street Sleeper kit. I know most everybody else here has had a good experience with the newer E-Force, but I'm not one of them and neither is my tuner. Expensive lesson learned, perhaps. We shall see, now that the car can finally be tuned.

I wish I had better news to report. This is not what I anticipated I would be writing at all and I regret having to do so. I earnestly wanted to say that this was a rewarding build experience with excellent results. Those results are still pending though. I'll let you know what she makes...

Last edited:

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Dumb question, but since I'm close to pulling the trigger on the Stage 1 kit... Does Stage 1 not come with injectors? This would be for a 19 GT, is the factory fueling enough?

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dumb question, but since I'm close to pulling the trigger on the Stage 1 kit... Does Stage 1 not come with injectors? This would be for a 19 GT, is the factory fueling enough?
Stage 1 kit comes with injectors, a tuner kit would not.

They bore scoped the alignment and sent pictures of the mismatch to Edelbrock, but Edelbrock never responded back, despite promising to do so.
If you have a receipt for the shop labor making the change, it might behoove you to contact Edelbrock about reimbursement seeing as how there was a physical manufacturing defect with your system. My car was down for 6 weeks because of the brass sensor/cold weather thing and Edelbrock reimbursed me for my rental. Definitely worth the effort considering what went in to making it right.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
It does not include injectors. It kind of surprised me as well but I guess the 18-19 fuel system is enough at that level.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Given the number of issues with the fuel rail mounting, it makes sense to mock it all up on the benchtop first and try to discern if there's any misalignment or other issue. I also had the idea to use some studs into the blower housing, but it's hard to tell if they'd prevent you from seating the injectors since you kind of need to come straight down onto them first.

Qg0yNdMl.jpg

Honestly it might be wise just to oversize the holes in the fuel rail mounting tabs to start with, give yourself a little extra wiggle room, and changing the hardware to some half dog or full dog point machine screws would definitely help getting them started as long as the blind hold they're going into is deep enough to get good thread engagement.

IMG_0662.jpg

Edelbrock is probably looking into this and other issues, and it's the enthusiast community that often drives refinements in the design, so thanks to @mikengail and others for making it known.
Sponsored

Last edited: