Sponsored

Ecoboost PP or GT Base

BCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Hey guys,

Since the 2 are fairly close in price I'm wondering if the Ecoboost PP might handle better than the GT base for less money. I searched and didn't find any comparisons.

I live in an area where I don't have the option to test the two out so looking for feedback. Handling is more of a priority than straight line acceleration.

Thanks for any feedback!
Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
In with popcorn ready.

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
OK, HERE WE GO FOLKS
b.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

BCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Dang! I haven't been on here for awhile so I didn't realize this was 'one of those' topics.

I total understand the choice is up to the individual and opinions vary.

If this topic is gonna cause more grief than good then I'm total fine to have it removed!

rl16v6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Black EB Premium, 2008 Shelby GT500
Hey guys,

Since the 2 are fairly close in price I'm wondering if the Ecoboost PP might handle better than the GT base for less money. I searched and didn't find any comparisons.

I live in an area where I don't have the option to test the two out so looking for feedback. Handling is more of a priority than straight line acceleration.

Thanks for any feedback!
It really depends mostly on how you will use the vehicle. I have a 2016 EcoBoost Premium which replaced my Supercharged 2005 Mustang GT. While I thoroughly enjoyed the GT and modding it, I really wanted a good all around daily driver that offered decent performance, handling and fuel mileage.

I have not been disappointed with EcoBoost, as it offers the same HP as my 05 GT did before mods. It is also the best handling Mustang I have ever owned, including my 08 GT500, which stays as my answer to my need for speed.

I have done some minor mods, AirAid cold air tube with AEM Dry drop in filter, Steeda jacking rails and 19" GT take off Nickel wheels and tires. I will add a Mishimoto Intercooler shortly, but that will be about it.

Hope that helps, Good Luck!

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The EB with the PP should handle better on a tight course with less weight out front and stiffer springs/shocks over the base car.

The base GT will sound better and will have the power advantage.

If you're going to mod the suspension anyway I'd rather have the base GT. If you want to be competitive in autocross, maybe the EB PP?

Sponsored
OP
OP

BCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Thanks for the input everyone. I did own a 15 GT for a short bit (base auto) but ended up getting rid of it. Which is a long story in of itself but the short answer is I want one back. My experience was great but I longed for better handling and as awesome as the acceleration was it's not practical without getting a ticket. I get my thrills from twisty back roads and pushing the car through the turns as fast as I dare.

It's gotta be auto so GT PP is out .... that's why the PP ecoboost question.

Guess I'll have to try hard to find a auto PP ecoboost to try!

On a side note, I do not understand why automakers would not offer BOTH options of transmissions on their sporty cars. This does not make any financial sense to me.

ibinubu12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Premium MT82 EB PP
For me, it's the EB PP. The ride is firmer and more engaging, plus the engine turn aluminum and the extra gauges really set the interior apart for me.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hey guys,

Since the 2 are fairly close in price I'm wondering if the Ecoboost PP might handle better than the GT base for less money.
Try them both and see. If the S550s are anything like the S197s, the Ecoboost PP easily will out-handle the base GT. The S197 Performance Package V6 ran circles around the base GT.