Sponsored

Driveline Vibrations

Do you have/had Driveline Vibrations?

• Yes, so I traded/sold my car for a new one.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
Hey guys,

Just curious regarding how various people have dealt with the infamous driveline vibration issues.

I recently met a couple of Mustang owners at a car meet that told me they simply ignore them even though they had them from day 1.

My apologies if this is beating a dead horse.

Cheers to all!
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Not really sure what those are, at least stock. I have an MT82 that was buttery smooth stock and a little rough with a short throw shifter (but that was to be expected based on the design and bushings). I also have a 10R80 that's buttery smooth also.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I had 55-70MPH driveline mild vibrations before, and in my case the culprit was damaged differential. After I replaced my differential with a brand new unit and stopped abusing the car, it's been nice ever since. If you do burnout and banging into gears, expect that you'll get some vibrations and you'll have to live with it until something breaks.

OP
OP
noGreta!

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
Not really sure what those are, at least stock. I have an MT82 that was buttery smooth stock and a little rough with a short throw shifter (but that was to be expected based on the design and bushings). I also have a 10R80 that's buttery smooth also.
Sorry, to clarify, I am referring mostly to the driveshaft related issues that are more or less well-known in the community of owners.

Thanks!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Sponsored

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
You mean stock driveshaft only?

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I done some stuff to my '21 mt82 that resulted in more driveline vibrations, and plan to do more. I want the vibrations. If you want buttery smooth power go buy a cts-v.

OP
OP
noGreta!

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
There's a (252) page thread here (with poll) with all the driveline vibe info, FAQ's and DIY fixes available for any S550:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/vibration-between-50-70-mph.15990/

Grab something to eat and a fav beverage, it's gonna take you a while to peruse it....
Thanks Cobra Jet! I have read a good part of that thread...great info and some astounding percevearance from a lot of guys.

I am curious if any people have decided to simply give up and live with the issue and if that poses any long term reliability concerns other than a daily annoyance.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

Just curious regarding how various people have dealt with the infamous driveline vibration issues.

I recently met a couple of Mustang owners at a car meet that told me they simply ignore them even though they had them from day 1.

My apologies if this is beating a dead horse.

Cheers to all!
These Driveline issues are so infamous that I have never heard of them. Sure this is not the difference you are felling from a stick rear end and an IRS??

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
These Driveline issues are so infamous that I have never heard of them. Sure this is not the difference you are felling from a stick rear end and an IRS??
The issue was more severe and prevalent on the 2015-2017’s. It’s quite rare to hear of stock driveline vibe issues with the 2018+, because there was some revisions done with the introduction of the 2018 to reduce the driveline vibes.

If a 2018+ S550 owner does have driveline vibes, do get it checked. Yes, depending on what is causing the vibe and how long it is ignored or let go, it could ruin the rear diff.

doph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Z28, 2019 GT PP1 w/ MT6, MR
My 2019 (built Sept. '18) had a driveshaft vibration problem from the factory. Dealer diagnosed it, replaced under warranty a month or so after I bought the car (which I special ordered), not a problem with that since. 3 years later I do now notice a bit of a hum type vibration at about 80 mph (different than the driveshaft type vibration), but not below or above that speed.
Sponsored