Sponsored

18 GT Drive-line Vibrations?

Mr.K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 RS2
For those with 2018 models, have you noticed any drive-line vibrations?
If so at what speeds, and how many miles are on your car?

I am wondering if Ford ever got around to fixing this issue.

Thanks
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
1800 miles on the GT and no drive-line vibrations I can feel. I had to get the tires balanced at 1200 miles since my steering started to shimmy. 3 of the 4 tires were out of balance and the car has been butter smooth since.

OP
OP

Mr.K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 RS2
Thats good to hear. Im hoping they have found a way to fix those that still have issues on their 15-17s

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Thats good to hear. Im hoping they have found a way to fix those that still have issues on their 15-17s
It seems like a crap shoot for Mustang owners of 15-17 MY. The mechanic I went to for balancing is a member on this forum and works on Mustangs as well. He said that the manual Mustangs of those year had the issue more than the auto if at all. I have the 2018 A10 GT and so far all seems well :knock on wood:

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I just got this fixed on my 15 auto. There was an updated driveshaft, and it did fix the issue for me. Was a fkn nightmare to try to get it solved. I eventually was getting clank sounds shifting from D to P and they replaced it under that cause. 4 dealerships, a ton of time wasted, not one acknowledge the sound i heard with the vibe. It was only for the clank, or i would still have the freeway vibes. But its just left a bad taste in my mouth about ford, and im sure this is my last after owning 3 mustangs.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mr.K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 RS2
I just got this fixed on my 15 auto. There was an updated driveshaft, and it did fix the issue for me. Was a fkn nightmare to try to get it solved. I eventually was getting clank sounds shifting from D to P and they replaced it under that cause. 4 dealerships, a ton of time wasted, not one acknowledge the sound i heard with the vibe. It was only for the clank, or i would still have the freeway vibes. But its just left a bad taste in my mouth about ford, and im sure this is my last after owning 3 mustangs.
Did you ever think about possibly filing a Lemon Law claim with Ford? My current Mustang has gone in twice regarding the vibes and each time they claim they fixed it. hopefully when i take it to the dealer next they will have an updated driveshaft.

I hate that vibration on the highway. makes a relatively new car feel like a 10 year old beater

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
No issues. Runs very smooth at 800mi.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Did you ever think about possibly filing a Lemon Law claim with Ford? My current Mustang has gone in twice regarding the vibes and each time they claim they fixed it. hopefully when i take it to the dealer next they will have an updated driveshaft.

I hate that vibration on the highway. makes a relatively new car feel like a 10 year old beater
Thought about it yes. But It wouldn't work for me. When they don't know around here, they just say "cant replicate problem". If its not common and its going to take some time and parts thrown at it, they would rather not deal with it. They get enough services they don't need anyone holding them up type of attitude. So until they replaced a part, and acknowledged there was an issue I was SOL. Your right though, it made the car feel so old with 20k miles on it. Multiple long test drives, multiple dealers, had ford contacted etc. At one point the dealer was using my cars to go back and fourth to pickup food for lunches (GPS my car). I was a pretty cool customer up until that point.

I think the 18's will be fine though honestly.
Sponsored