NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
For the 18+, do you believe GT350 copy manifold, raised compression, and host of other improvements only yield ~6% hp increase?
Those improvements were mostly about the EPA and MPGs. It was about emissions and fuel economy.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just an observation, but the car just doesn't feel like it has 460hp. It just doesn't seem fast enough for the power rating. I almost wonder if they're a bit generous with the rating from the factory... Car is a 10 speed with 3.55's, I even run 94 octane.

I absolutely love the car, it just feels slower than it's rated for.
The amount of rubber isolation in the suspension and rear subframe, plus damper tuning really dulls the sensation of speed in these cars. It's so refined that it doesn't feel that eventful. As many of us have found, a handful of suspension/chassis mods makes the car feel WAY more alive, even without a tune. There's also the torque management in the first few gears, too, but most of it is the chassis tuning.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
One poster was right, you have to get it wound up to 4K and up and it has much more feel too it...too little low end torque. When I moved the Camaro it feels faster, the low end torque is a monster and I make this hand gesture and say holy shit this car is fast...the Mustang just lacks the torque feeling. Its crazy fast it's just how it "feels"

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
This is a great thread & I've been saying exactly as the OP since i got the car 2 weeks ago. Like him I love the car even though its kind of slow LOL & I am on 94 octane currently too. I came from a 2013 Camaro SS that made 400 HP stock but it had great low end grunt that pushed you into the seat. My GF says the Mustang is slower than the Camaro :). Of course it isn't. What I've figured out is becasuse the Camaro was so quiet with the stock exhaust I was giving it more pedal whereas the GT roars and I tend to let off a bit as it sounds like I'm hammering on it by comparison. I haven't had a chance to come onto the car full yet as I only have 750 KM on it (450 miles?).

I did a quick snap off a light the other day to get to an on ramp and it took off Hella fast. And as many note the speed is deceptive. The Camaro never felt as fast as the speedo said and this car is even more conservative feeling in terms of speed .I think the one gripe I have with the feel of the Coyote is in normal driving you don't feel the power with just a touch of the throttle it seems to need a pretty good push. The Camaro always felt responsive in the low RPM range. That said I'll take this GT all day long over the Camaro!

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Those improvements were mostly about the EPA and MPGs. It was about emissions and fuel economy.
Looking at weight of evidence from performance testing, dynos, and considering the 87 octane factor, looks like around 500hp to me.

Sponsored

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2017, but I had all the same thoughts as everyone posting here when I first bought my GT.
That being said, wait till one of you slaps a blower on and then hammers it at 4k. Oh man.... :D Warp drive engaged

Loud068

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2009 BMW M5, 2016 Kia Optima
Been saying this for years;

They are naturally aspirated, small-displacement, high-revving V8s. They do not have much low-end torque, and they don't really wake-up until about 4K RPM. They do not feel very fast.

I had a friend buy a 2018 BMW 540I M-Sport, with 335 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque, and a 3900 lb curb weight. He was absolutely sure his car was faster than mine, because his feels faster.
I can attest to the above. I ran with a stock GT a few months back in my e60 M5 and the GT took me off the line every time by about a car length. The only time I could take him was from a roll and it was maybe half a car length. I was soo surprised as I thought the M5 was going to kill the GT. The M5 has 507 HP, 384 lb-ft and weights just over 4k, so less torque and more weight makes quite a difference.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
....I haven't had a chance to come onto the car full yet as I only have 750 KM on it (450 miles?).....
You should have hammered it from day 1. The factory break-in procedures are silly, and not beating on the engines early can cause them to have oil burning issues.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
That's been debunked many times. It was a dyno that was putting out silly numbers, click-bait stuff to get views. The cars put out right around the advertised power and torque.
Got any links to that? I've not seen a single person say that its not accurate.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
If these are coming in around 490 crank, I’d be really upset if I was these guys making low 400’s at the wheel... I must be one of those guys with really bad drive train loss then, 465whp with e85 and full bolt ons. I must not have one of those 490 stock crank power engines.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
You should have hammered it from day 1. The factory break-in procedures are silly, and not beating on the engines early can cause them to have oil burning issues.
I wouldn't say I've babied it but I haven't beaten it either. I'll start to give it more romp this week when I drive it some more. But you can only beat a car so much with human beings all around it.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's size doesn't help perception either. Besides, what does "460" horsepower supposed to feel like? A Silverado 6.2L has 420hp at a very lazy mid 5000's RPM. Compared to the Mustang it's slow AF. Oh wait, it's a 5600lb truck...
Sponsored