Does my car look totaled?

Repair cost?

• Total voters
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10 Speed Automatic
Hey all,

I got in an accident this weekend and was hit by a truck on the highway. I’m not sure if my car is totaled but I’m also pretty concerned that the damage done to it, if repaired, will result in an unreliable car for the next few years, not to mention the total hit I’ll take if I ever want to resell the car.

I’m in contact with my insurance but, due to the Holidays, things are moving a little slow. I have not yet heard back from the adjuster so I’m not sure what they will say...any input you all have would be much appreciated.

Also, the accident happened in TX and I live in TX...and I believe the state standard for a car to be a total loss vehicle is 100%...

I’ve linked my pics to this webpage:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/eRkG6K2?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
From the pictures... looks like significant damage. It goes pretty far back towards the firewall. I would say it's a goner. Hopefully you get a fair deal with your insurance provider.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Over.

I was nearly $12k when my BMW was rear-ended. That was the bumper, bumper support, trunk lid, and two quarter panels, with no suspension or driveline damage/

Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Its going to be close. The the hinge pillar is hurt pretty bad and obviously the entire lf knee assembly is toast. If were the adjuster writing this estimate i would be working towards a total loss.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I know what it's like to get hit. You start to look at every other vehicle out there like they're out to get you. Glad you're ok. Insurance will make you whole... it's not a payday unless you get hurt (and of course that is very much what you don't want), so now this is just an inconvenience to you. Sorry this happened.

Bladerunner70

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Relax. Alright..., my old man is a television repair man. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The only saving grace. I can see is the air bags didn’t deploy. I think they’ll cover it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You mean they will be about to repair it?
Yes. I think the insurance company will cover it. I don’t see something that would indicate the frame would be bent. I see suspension damage. Fender, bumper and door damage. That looks like 6-8 grand worth of damage to me. Ten Grand tops.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Hey all,

I got in an accident this weekend and was hit by a truck on the highway. I’m not sure if my car is totaled but I’m also pretty concerned that the damage done to it, if repaired, will result in an unreliable car for the next few years, not to mention the total hit I’ll take if I ever want to resell the car.

I’m in contact with my insurance but, due to the Holidays, things are moving a little slow. I have not yet heard back from the adjuster so I’m not sure what they will say...any input you all have would be much appreciated.

Also, the accident happened in TX and I live in TX...and I believe the state standard for a car to be a total loss vehicle is 100%...

I’ve linked my pics to this webpage:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/eRkG6K2?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
It can be repaired but it will most likely be totalled and even,if they dont I wouldnt trust that car.

Unfortunately it looks like the A Pillar and shock tower shifted. These parts can be replaced on these cars but getting everything lined up is very tricky and can cause the car to have dangerous handling after the repair...

So assume its totalled.
Sponsored