TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Mmmm, das a lot of "letting off".... :(
But, kudos to you for being respectful. Not to open a can of worms or start a rabbit hole discussion, but in the last like 2-3yrs of driving I feel like I've noticed people are just dicks on the road and do not give a damn about other drivers.
My defensive driving skills went from "utilized once a week around that one asshole driver" to "I have to be in hard core defensive driving mode 24/7" and I don't even live in heavy urban area.
The lawlessness, entitlement mentality has 100% fully set in. With a lot of states/governed US cities, most leaders have sworn off the petty traffic crimes (Tags, speeding, reckless driving, even DUI’s, etc) to devote resources to more major crimes, or crimes that aren’t likely to put an officer at risk of a lawsuit.
In nasty suburban areas, it’s a complete shit-show right now. There’s more people driving around with expired tags and uninsured than ever before. All because big-brother is allowing them to.
The tax-paying, hard working Americans that do shit right, and pay their insurance on time, are the ones that are footing the bill. Sucks.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
The lawlessness, entitlement mentality has 100% fully set in. With a lot of states/governed US cities, most leaders have sworn off the petty traffic crimes (Tags, speeding, reckless driving, even DUI’s, etc) to devote resources to more major crimes, or crimes that aren’t likely to put an officer at risk of a lawsuit.
In nasty suburban areas, it’s a complete shit-show right now. There’s more people driving around with expired tags and uninsured than ever before. All because big-brother is allowing them to.
The tax-paying, hard working Americans that do shit right, and pay their insurance on time, are the ones that are footing the bill. Sucks.
1633177630261.png

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 cobra, 2000 Sonoma LSx, 2021 velocity blue gt
As an insurance adjuster, I can attest to the wave of uninsured drivers are growing.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
As an insurance adjuster, I can attest to the wave of uninsured drivers are growing.
Well, when (fill in the black)________ allow folks to skip on rent with no fear of being homeless, why would they pay auto insurance?
It is only a matter of time with most towns having cruisers with automatic plate readers, that bills will be passed that allow revoked tags from lack of insurance tickets to be mailed to the vehicle owners address.
Around here, un insured (500.00) revoked tags(500.00)
would be a big ticket to get in the mail.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Well, when (fill in the black)________ allow folks to skip on rent with no fear of being homeless, why would they pay auto insurance?
It is only a matter of time with most towns having cruisers with automatic plate readers, that bills will be passed that allow revoked tags from lack of insurance tickets to be mailed to the vehicle owners address.
Around here, un insured (500.00) revoked tags(500.00)
would be a big ticket to get in the mail.
Why would the ticket get payed when they aren't paying anything else?

Still no quiet driving for me muhhahaah!!

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I have the Steeda H pipe w/ active exhaust. The jury is still out as I live in rural TX. The norm is loud p u trucks so my car is quiet compared to them. Mid Oct I have a 4K trip planned out west. Once I return from that I will make the decision as to leave as is or, put the factory resonator back in.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Steeda H pipe w/ active exhaust. The jury is still out as I live in rural TX. The norm is loud p u trucks so my car is quiet compared to them. Mid Oct I have a 4K trip planned out west. Once I return from that I will make the decision as to leave as is or, put the factory resonator back in.
The older I get , I like the speak softly but carry a big stick.
And we are blessed with being able to make more power than the public street can hold, while still being quite .
I like a rumble, but if it is setting off alarms just from starting. not a fan. not anymore. When I was 18, open headers at 7am sure. Bless my neighbors back then they put up with this crap , working on the junk at all hours of the night, then early morning firing it up, and rev'n the thing, then leaving the driveway, then wot. They were saints.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
lic. to drive get revoked when you skip out on tickets.
Sadly, most will still drive. Age is not a factor. Nor it seems is political affiliation if any. The largest group of violators it seems are the children of older adults that are still living at home for one reason or another. They have the mindset that the laws are for everyone else and, driving is a right. I had one young lady tell me that in a traffic stop a while back. Needless to say, the judge corrected her when she appeared in court. Yesterday I observe a driver almost t bone a marked Tahoe at an angled T intersection. She had the yield sign! Does she stop ? Nah, cuts me off. She insisted that she had the right of way. Go figure.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sadly, most will still drive. Age is not a factor. Nor it seems is political affiliation if any. The largest group of violators it seems are the children of older adults that are still living at home for one reason or another. They have the mindset that the laws are for everyone else and, driving is a right. I had one young lady tell me that in a traffic stop a while back. Needless to say, the judge corrected her when she appeared in court. Yesterday I observe a driver almost t bone a marked Tahoe at an angled T intersection. She had the yield sign! Does she stop ? Nah, cuts me off. She insisted that she had the right of way. Go figure.
Ya, the down side of all the safety crap in cars now, no one fears a crash. People drive like nuts. And why my daily vehicle is an ok vehicle but not something I'd fret over if it gets hit or totaled. That said, I remember when younger, being the @$$clown behind the wheel.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Back in the 60's, there wasn't as much traffic. Even in the cities. I guess it is the change in attitude that bothers me. The tic-tocker in TX that just killed himself running from the police is a prime example.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Right now I’m sure some of the ones that aren’t paying tickets, are also driving round with revoked licenses.
Around our area (across state line from where I live) the police dept released a statement saying they will no longer pull over vehicles for expired tags, or without serious reason. Because they don’t want to be nailed for any racial profiling cases.

Whoskyle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Yes, kind of have to with No cats or resonators on my 350....once I’m out of the neighborhood it’s a different story

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
What I’m getting at is once rules are thrown out the window, none of the others apply. So driving without a license is no issue either then. If rules aren’t enforced, people run wild.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Quiet start and mode 24hrs. Even ditched Steeda H-pipe and a set of headers I bought for my upcoming blower install. Sleeper mode FTW
Sponsored