tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I’m not really sure what you are asking but yes you need a longer belt and you will need to add one idler pulley that’s all. It uses the stock belt setup otherwise. All the stock pulleys and tensioner are used

image.jpg

A8C8B026-ADA4-4A8D-AC59-DDAAEB4E4F78.jpeg
Those diagrams are super helpful! What I was talking about is there has to be some gearing from the crank output the the final blade spin. But it looks like procharger just packages the head unit including gearing and the belt receiver together.
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Those diagrams are super helpful! What I was talking about is there has to be some gearing from the crank output the the final blade spin. But it looks like procharger just packages the head unit including gearing and the belt receiver together.
All centrifugals have a built in gear box. The P Series and D series procharger have a 4to1 gear ratio then you have the pulley ratio. The p1x can spin 65000 rpm recommend but people go past that all the time

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
All centrifugals have a built in gear box. The P Series and D series procharger have a 4to1 gear ratio then you have the pulley ratio. The p1x can spin 65000 rpm recommend but people go past that all the time
Hmm interesting. The reason I was asking is if I buy a lesser known head unit it might not have a gear ratio built into it

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I think it would have to in order to achieve the rpm’s needed
Ya or you would have to build your own gear box kind of thing. Idk I got to start getting a list of parts together and checking out what head units could work. I’m thinking you could maybe build the supercharger for like $2k. Not including tune, oil pump gears, or fuel injectors ofc. Would be interesting to see how much that would add.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
After a custom home made blower or turbo I’m hearing the best tune would be BAMA to pair that with. This sounds like an amazing idea.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
After a custom home made blower or turbo I’m hearing the best tune would be BAMA to pair that with. This sounds like an amazing idea.
If you can get a fully custom BAMA tune then sure. I thought they really only do out of the box tunes. Lund, Palm beach, wendgard would be my choices.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
If you can get a fully custom BAMA tune then sure. I thought they really only do out of the box tunes. Lund, Palm beach, wendgard would be my choices.
I honestly didn’t think someone would take me seriously. My whole post was a joke.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you are going to build this yourself minimum you will have to purchase a head unit. Don’t start thinking that you can use a turbo

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
If you are going to build this yourself minimum you will have to purchase a head unit. Don’t start thinking that you can use a turbo
Haha yes wouldnt want to even attempt making a head unit from a turbo. Shit would blow up so fast lmao

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
:crackup: kaboom! In 5, 4, 3, 2....
Sponsored