Sponsored

Differential Bushing finally failed...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Metal subframe mount bushing are a no-no
I have the CB010 on one car and Whiteline in the other - IRS subframe bushings. Again the Whiteline a PITA to install (have to cut the Ford ones out) but are neigh silent. My CB010 equipped car has what I call road/diff growl. It's not unpleasant nor loud enough to be objectionable - it's just there constantly. The WHiteline-equipped car is so quiet I can hear the click/clack of the driveshaft transitioning from loaded to unloaded. Whiteline has a CB010-like easy-install product (I have one NIB kit) that has no metal in it except a big, fat fender washer to support the bolt (and the bushing core). One of these days may look into if it can be retrofited into the CB010/762 setup I have. Near as I can tell it's a very simple swap. I don't know why Whiteline doesn't get more airplay. They have the best solution out there IMO. Ford needs to license it and stop with the retarded voided soft rubber disaster.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I completely agree that metal bushings are the best idea. They're just not legal in the SCCA STU class, so I don't get much of a vote.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just touching base here. Finding this thread was like a EUREKA moment. I developed a clunk at low speed after installing my Steeda Sways and End Links and swore up and down it had to be those. I think it was just coincidence that it was near the same time as the Steeda install. Looks like it was actually these bushings the entire time.

Trying to verify which kit is the correct one to purchase though. I've got two I'm looking at with near identical names, but very different parts.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...33lowYgj4tHEqUOYRt229iScYtb5iNoRoCI6oQAvD_BwE

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmr-bk047?rrec=true

Tractor Junk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 16 GT350 FPRS #3, 2014 Boss 302S
If you want to hear howling, I’ve been running the FRPP aluminum replacements since the 1,000 mile mark on my car. Combined with no carpet behind the seats, it screams (even with a helmet on). If this was a streetcar it would be unlivable. LOUD!

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlbertD

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
@aeonrevolution The 2 kits you mentioned are for the IRS cradle bushings... My original problem was due to a torn differential bushing. Just wanted to make sure that you are looking at the right replacement parts. If you actually have a torn diff bushing then you will want to look at Whiteline KDT933.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
This is a great thread. I have the same issue on my car as well. Its mainly a track focused machine with very little street driving.

To @BmacIL 's point, the Lethal Extreme Hardware Upgrade Kit is a great idea. I noticed that it said its a through bolt design which is nice and that it is compatible with the BMR Polyurethane IRS Bushing kit and other aftermarket options but has anyone tried it with the Steeda kit?

I already have the 90 durometer black pucks and thinking that the 2 part systems will isolate and support the OEM bushings without the need of removing the subframe and replacing them.

Thanks all!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would use the Hardware Upgrade kit's tube at least to fill the OEM void and then you can layer on the pucks. I don't know if the upgrade kit's bolts are long enough with the pucks in place but if they are, then no point not using them.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Just an update, I ordered the Lethal Extreme Hardware Bolt Kit and getting the 90 durometer black steeda pucks installed. There's a couple other things to prep the car for a late year track push too.

I'm hoping it'll all work out.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Are these Whiteline KDT 933’s still around? My buddy wants to go back to soft quiet OEM diff mount bushings, but Ford hasn’t offered an actual replacement yet for some odd reason.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are these Whiteline KDT 933’s still around?
yes but you'll have more luck finding the 934.
I'm tempted to call up Whiteline and ask for a shipment of 20 units.

I reached out to both US distributor and Whiteline AUS to see if we can't get some made.

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
yes but you'll have more luck finding the 934.
I'm tempted to call up Whiteline and ask for a shipment of 20 units.
Difference between the 933 and 934?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Per Whiteline, Steeda is supposedly under license to manufacture/sale 933 going forward. I'll call Steeda in the morning I guess and see if I can pry out of them an ETA.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Per Whiteline, Steeda is supposedly under license to manufacture/sale 933 going forward. I'll call Steeda in the morning I guess and see if I can pry out of them an ETA.
Awesome. Yeah, once these guys sawzall the OEM bushings out, they wish they never did. I went with the red Steeda sandwich inserts myself. MIGHT have increased gear noise by 5% tops. I’m very pleased.
Sponsored