Dealer crashed my car

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
They can do a LOT better than invoice if they want to. Yanking your chain. I would walk and start over somewhere else.
Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
It's stories like this that make me wish I could just order straight from Ford and have it drop shipped to me from Michigan.
I work for a large volume Ford dealership and we occasionally get cars that are damaged in transit from the factory before we even get them. Some never even get to us as they are wrecked too badly between the factory and the railhead. So, drop shipping straight from the factory is NOT a guarantee it'll show up damage-free, either.

I feel bad that Raoh is in this position, but simply ask for the deposit back and move on. It's not like a dealership ever intentionally damages a vehicle (as it costs them a bunch of money to repair and discount to sell), so being pissed at the dealership isn't appropriate. Be disappointed by the scenario, yes, but the dealership never wants this kind of stuff to happen so don't hate on them. They're just as bummed as the customer!

CJ4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base 6MT
When I was looking at the 2015s, the salesman I had told me he's heard of a lot of accidents with the GTs coming off the loading semi: apparently a lot of people have no clue how to properly unload a car that is a sportscar in that situation.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Family friends search high and low for a particular BMW they wanted. Found one through CarMax and had it transferred to our local store. It was a $600 transfer fee if they didn't want it.
On the test drive with the salesman, a new hire salesman in training and our friends (husband and wife) they were T-boned by someone that ran a red light. Car was totaled.
Friend said, "he doesn't want the car now, and he's not paying the $600 fee!"

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
One mistake I think that was made is signing paperwork before the car was delivered. I would never do this. My GT was a little over 200miles away. The dealership had an older couple(60s, retired) that does transfers for them. They got the car and everything was fine. I did all my negotiatiing over the phone, even trade-in numbers. I went to the dealer the day after they got it and detailed to do the paperwork. But only after I examined the car. Was an awesome experience from beginning to end. I dealt directly with the service manager, so there was no back and forth crap.

BTW, I HIGHLY recommend Burns Ford in Lancaster, SC if anyone is looking for a car. I dealt with Danny Philbeck.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
If you are looking for a dealership that should not be that far from you, I would recommend Yocum Ford in Lansdale, PA.

Jeff Greenly is the sales guy there that I bought my '15GT PP from. I ordered mine on 5/21/2014. He is huge Mustang guy. It will be the best buying experience you have ever had. They take x-plan and give you all the rebates, etc. that you are eligible to receive. They might even go lower now on the GT's then x-plan.

If you want his contact info let me know and shoot me a PM.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
This is a terrible thing to hear, but at least you didn't own the car yet. It really should be no sweat off your back. Like many have stated, get the deposit back and take your business elsewhere, UNLESS they want to give you a once in a lifetime deal. Just my two cents. There should be no haggling involved here, just plain and simple good business.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Wow this is crazy, hope you get it sorted out.

Mine had 20~ miles on it right off the truck, I don't even want to know what happened during those miles.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
If you are looking for a dealership that should not be that far from you, I would recommend Yocum Ford in Lansdale, PA.

Jeff Greenly is the sales guy there that I bought my '15GT PP from. I ordered mine on 5/21/2014. He is huge Mustang guy. It will be the best buying experience you have ever had. They take x-plan and give you all the rebates, etc. that you are eligible to receive. They might even go lower now on the GT's then x-plan.

If you want his contact info let me know and shoot me a PM.
Hey Raoh, what Todd said.

Order exactly what you want and wait it out. It will be worth the wait.

$0.02

Sponsored
OP
OP

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Audi a4, 2015 Mustang GT
So. They "gave" me my deposit back. I just hope i actually get it in my account soon. And as far as the crash. I think they over estimated the damage when they told me about the car. They were gonna get it in a trade. And said the car was damaged when i went there. On the phone i was told it was crashed. Very different stories. Either way, im leaning towards losing out on summer fun, and instead ordering one exactly how i want the car.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Just bite the bullet and order a 16. It'll be worth the wait and you can save more money for mods ;)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
So. They "gave" me my deposit back. I just hope i actually get it in my account soon. And as far as the crash. I think they over estimated the damage when they told me about the car. They were gonna get it in a trade. And said the car was damaged when i went there. On the phone i was told it was crashed. Very different stories. Either way, im leaning towards losing out on summer fun, and instead ordering one exactly how i want the car.
there's thousands of them all across the country. go get em!

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
So, the car was coming in from the factory, the dealer told you it was damaged before it was in their possession.

What part are you guys confused about here?

Why is the dealer responsible? Cars arrive at the dealer with transportation damage all the time! Usually it's the guy putting the cars on and off the vehicle hauler.

Often times it's something that flies up and hits them while they are driving.

The car arrived damaged, and you guys think the dealer should compensate him for this?

Crazy!

Get another car! It's that simple. The dealer has absolutely zero responsibility in this, but everyone here wants to go for the throat!

Man, I'm very happy to have dealt with the customers that I have from here, because the rest of you guys really have no idea how this works.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I work for a large volume Ford dealership and we occasionally get cars that are damaged in transit from the factory before we even get them. Some never even get to us as they are wrecked too badly between the factory and the railhead. So, drop shipping straight from the factory is NOT a guarantee it'll show up damage-free, either.

I feel bad that Raoh is in this position, but simply ask for the deposit back and move on. It's not like a dealership ever intentionally damages a vehicle (as it costs them a bunch of money to repair and discount to sell), so being pissed at the dealership isn't appropriate. Be disappointed by the scenario, yes, but the dealership never wants this kind of stuff to happen so don't hate on them. They're just as bummed as the customer!

I'm not sure how you feel about advertising your business here! I personally won't ever with this group!

Word of mouth works for me around here! I've had several inquiries from people on M6G, and most are absolute nightmare people to work with!

Rio16, Cyril, Boss32V, 5point_moe, CooterK, and several others have all been a pleasure! The rest of the guys are beating me over the head with unreasonable demands, and the typical "don't try to fuck me over" initial PM requests.

Bunch of roaches sadly!
Sponsored