Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
It does not matter whether you have 600 HP or 150 HP, Stick or Auto. RESPECT the customers car period. NO EXCEPTIONS. I had a garage back in the early 60's and this was the rule. You break the rule and you are gone. Every car that ever came in for service 1st check the oil and notate it. Last thing wipe off the steering wheel and door handles never had a complaint on service.
Sponsored

RRRob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar yet more destructive experience years ago. I brought my 1978 Z28 in for tires and a wheel balance. The car from the factory had a meager amount of power. I had rebuilt the motor to ~350hp. Well the technician decided he needed to test drive it after completing the work and guess what ... he rear ended someone and trashed the front end of the car. The car he hit was in bad shape. The manager didn't fire him and just said put in for the insurance and have it fixed. I was PISSED and obviously never went back to that shop.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
5/60 powertrain warranty on a sports/pony/muscle car, the Ford beancounters know this car will very likely be driven HARD during that time yet they’re not going to kill the corporation by paying for new engines or components all the time on all these cars. = the engine can take it and much, much more. Look up the torture tests they do in development. Your car is fine. But I feel for you and would be very pissed as well.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
It's less about what damage there may or more likely may not have and more about the disrespect of someone else's stuff. People suck...and usually not in the good way.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I was pissed at the tech for not even asking me before taking my car out for a joyride.
Next time (if there is one), regardless what dealership you use, tell the Service Manager that you don't want any Tech 'hot rodding' your car (you'll be watching & listening), and that IF they need to test drive it, that you are going along with the Tech on the test drive. If they don't agree, then tell them absolutely no test drive by the Tech.

Sponsored

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Shitty thing to do, Yelp and Google review the crap out of them.

Post up the dealership, I'll be happy to write a review of, "I heard what they did to my buddy's car..." and give them the "if I could give them less than 1 star" special...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure why they needed to test drive your car after installing mud flaps ...
In the Tech's mind, probably to test to see if the mud flaps prevent rubber flying off the rear tires from getting on the paint ... 😀

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know if reporting ford corporate would help as this was a honda dealership.
Blast the shit out of them on social media ... it's even worse being it was a Honda dealership.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Tech should be fired. Doesn't matter if he did any damage to your car or not.

Can I go take his car for a spin?
Come on now, lol. After any install a road test is valid to check for any rubbing/scraping/parts falling off. Should he have been more respectful? Absolutely, but given the auto cars only rev to 4000rpm in park I wouldn't be that concerned.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Put yourself in the Honda parts replacer shoes and have empathy... all day long they work on bla bla blaaa Hondas. They are almost exciting as grandma's fruit cake.

Then comes in a brand new 5.0 GT Mustang for rock guards. Man what a car, listen to that rumble, what a machine, I want one so bad.

Let me hear that V8.. gosh I'm getting high listening to that, I want to drive it. I will take it around the block, easy not to fast. Man this car drives good, I want one so bad.
Their heatbeat was way high for the rest of the day. You gave them a GIFT. They will probably remember your car for the rest of their life.
They surly didn't hurt it.
Our cars are drugs
I was with you and your sense of forgiveness until I remembered the incident below:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32189...arged-ford-mustang-gt-during-rowdy-test-drive

If the tech or anyone else wants one then they should buy one or rent one and then “ hone “the crap out of it. But you should not do that to a customers car, downright disrespectful.

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I would rather the dealer/ technician rev my engine instead of damaging the paint on mutiple areas. Told mre car was ready to be picked up after 30 days at the dealer and this is what I found.

20201228_120834.jpg

20201228_121823.jpg

20201228_121824.jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If you are able, have you thought about looking at Youtube videos. The mudflaps would have been an hour at most, if you removed every wheel. Most dash cams come with a hardwiring kit and even has the add-a fuse for your fuse box.

Yea I learnt my lesson taking it to a non ford dealer. Next time, I will have my dash cam installed and I will ask the advisor to let the tech know that there are to be no rides and to stick to the job strictly. I installed these:

https://rokblokz.com/products/ford-...lash-guards-15-17?_pos=1&_sid=a865b7927&_ss=r

I got them in black. They blend in well and have reduced the splashes on my paint by about 80% on front and back. They work better on the fronts.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I have them put in the work order that any test drives will include the owner riding with or the work is free.

I've gotten a couple of free services. One was a 600 dollar control module.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Next time (if there is one), regardless what dealership you use, tell the Service Manager that you don't want any Tech 'hot rodding' your car (you'll be watching & listening), and that IF they need to test drive it, that you are going along with the Tech on the test drive. If they don't agree, then tell them absolutely no test drive by the Tech.
Just put a camera in your car so you have evidence of the offense:

Last edited:

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
ignoring the stupid ass discussion whether or not the mustang is a muscle or a pony car or if the tech did op a "favor", the tech DOES NOT have any reason to play with a customer's car. Also, not to make a big deal out of it, the engine may only be hot because he revved the shit out of the car in his brief drive. Thats not cool. Fuck em. report them however u can to every source.
Sponsored