Sponsored

Dealer crashed my car

MrBillton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 LS, 2018 Charger Scat Pack
what did they claim was dealer invoice?

The only premiums they have are 41-42k sticker price, they can't give me that for the 34k I was going to pay for this car. the best they offered me is at dealer invoice, and they wouldn't go lower, but they are going to see if they can get a car from someplace else, that fits what I need. I'm so fucking bummed man.

OP
OP

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Audi a4, 2015 Mustang GT
what did they claim was dealer invoice?
He gave me a price of 80 more a month for a 5 month loan, Which is a difference of about 4800 up front, which would give the 39400, and a similar model I built on truecar.com has the invoice for 39800. So he was not lying about the invoice. It's a large gap between what I was paying for what was basically a fully loaded base, to a fully loaded auto premium.

joec63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB
That's what will probably happen if they can't get me a replacement for what I want. I never even thought this could be a possibility lol. Anyone know of a great dealer in the tristate area I could try and go through if this falls through?
I would walk, not taking anyone's crashed car and then later have regrets. Granted, we don't know the extent of the damage. It sucks if you couldn't find a replacement but don't feel pressured to take it if you're not comfortable. 2 cents . Good luck

Sponsored

OP
OP

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you actually sign papers on the car?
Yeah, I signed the papers for the car last week, and it was mine, insured it and everything. That's how I am sure they aren't selling it to someone else, they were getting it to their dealer just for me, and I had already agreed to pay the price and everything, all that was left was signing the loan papers today when I was going to go pick the car up.

OP
OP

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would walk, not taking anyone's crashed car and then later have regrets. Granted, we don't know the extent of the damage. It sucks if you couldn't find a replacement but don't feel pressured to take it if you're not comfortable. 2 cents . Good luck
Oh, no no. I am not buying a pre crashed car that is "brand new" haha. Even if it's repaired to full.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Yeah the dealerships near me have taken the specialty cars like the boss and gt500 and do burnouts or abuse them then put them all nice and pretty on their showroom as new. Ford hires low-quality people, I have gone to 10+ Ford dealerships and not once have I seen a quality dealership with quality people. They're all cursing and the place looks terrible and they abuse cars by revving them as they drive away or take them out to lunch.

I only service my car at a nearby Lincoln dealership, I cannot stand Ford dealerships and their non-stop negligence.

Travel and go to VA, they have 5.0 premiums for 33-35k. Base for 29-32k.

OP
OP

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the dealerships near me have taken the specialty cars like the boss and gt500 and do burnouts or abuse them then put them all nice and pretty on their showroom as new. Ford hires low-quality people, I have gone to 10+ Ford dealerships and not once have I seen a quality dealership with quality people. They're all cursing and the place looks terrible and they abuse cars by revving them as they drive away or take them out to lunch.

I only service my car at a nearby Lincoln dealership, I cannot stand Ford dealerships and their non-stop negligence.

Travel and go to VA, they have 5.0 premiums for 33-35k. Base for 29-32k.
The car I had ordered, was not even to the dealer yet, and the dealer I went to seemed pretty nice. It was a very small dealer though, so that might be why. No one cursed, no one was disrespectful and all that idk. This does leave a sour taste in my mouth for sure.

I wish I could get to VA, but that's like 400 miles away from where I live lol. I don't really have time to fly down, buy a car, and then drive it back to NY haha.

OP
OP

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should be able to get my deposit on the car back since it was a dealer error for me not getting it, correct?

Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I should be able to get my deposit on the car back since it was a dealer error for me not getting it, correct?
Yes. And if they give you any lip, tell them you will sic your attorney on them.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
You should have asked that before you signed anything.

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
Yes there should be no problem getting it back. How long they take to get it back to you I don't know.

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
What dealer in NY was it?