Sponsored

DARK HORSE MANUAL CATCHES FIRE!! UPGRADE?

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Hmm. Obviously not a lot of details there but the owner might have done well to have shut the car off.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Word on the streets is the car wanted to identify as an auto so it self destructed.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That made me start thinking about installing my Steeda clutch fluid line that I’ve had in my tool chest for the past 3 years now. I‘ve been hesitant to install it because my OCD won’t allow me to do it, if it means marring up the supplied plastic clamps using pliers. It’s also a tight area to work in.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
That made me start thinking about installing my Steeda clutch fluid line that I’ve had in my tool chest for the past 3 years now. I‘ve been hesitant to install it because my OCD won’t allow me to do it, if it means marring up the supplied plastic clamps using pliers. It’s also a tight area to work in.

That is some true OCD. I always hate when people are like, a bird left a 5 pound turd on the hood so i had to clean it off because im OCD lolzzzz.. shaddap anyone who loves their car would do the same.

Marring plastic clamps.. real shit.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I am inclined to think the clutch sticking to the floor was a symptom of a problem, not the cause.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If there isn’t already a recall on that line, I suspect there may be one coming soon, after a new DarkHorse went up in flames. Ford will finally have to take a hard look at the entire hydraulic clutch system.

I know Ford isn’t oblivious to the fact that there have been several people complaining of their clutch fluid line partially coming off of the brake fluid reservoir nipple. This goes back several years.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Brake fluid is typically not flammable, but it can ignite under extreme conditions.
The ignition temperature for brake fluid is generally around 230-300 degrees Celsius (446-572 degrees Fahrenheit), depending on the specific type and composition of the fluid.

The outside surface of a catalytic converter can reach temperatures of around 150-200 degrees Celsius (302-392 degrees Fahrenheit) during normal operation.
So it's unlikely that the outside surface of a converter would be hot enough to ignite brake fluid or other combustible materials.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
This goes back several years.
And all the damn engineers.would have to do is just LOOK at the damn thing and their error is plainly OBVIOUS.

How is it.the guy on the assembly line did not walk off his station 7 freaking years ago and grab the damn engineer by the scruff of the neck and march his ass to the floor to see his screw up?

This isn't as bad as Boeing, but idiots should not be allowed to be in engineering disciplines.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
How is it the guy on the assembly line did not walk off his station 7 freaking years ago and grab the damn engineer by the scruff of the neck and march his ass to the floor to see his screw up?
Would they care enough to? 🤔

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Lol at this title... When did this forum become a tabloid?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Would they care enough to? 🤔
being a union member, it's probably a violation of the terms. But if it was Toyota where they give a damn, he would have walked over to the big red button and brought the whole factory to a standstill.
Sponsored