Sponsored

Daily Driver Mods

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Beware of toxic off gassing from any interior modifications ask vendor's for an emissions spec. This could be a differentiator in sound deadening price point...
There's no noticeable smell from the Noico brand. FYI. I think they are the same construction as the others, but just take less profit than the other brands.
Sponsored

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I was thinking of those too. But I use Waze heavily, dont want a cable over my lap, hence dropped the idea. But GF could use one.
Even if just for having a place to sit your phone. I dont like having my phone in my pockets when i drive. It almost always falls out and down the sides of the seat. I also dont like cables all in my lap either. My car has navi, and i use the heck out of it so i dont use the android auto or anything like that too often. Those door inserts i use to hold the phone so its not in my pockets, and my cup holders stay free for my drinks.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Even if just for having a place to sit your phone. I dont like having my phone in my pockets when i drive. It almost always falls out and down the sides of the seat. I also dont like cables all in my lap either. My car has navi, and i use the heck out of it so i dont use the android auto or anything like that too often. Those door inserts i use to hold the phone so its not in my pockets, and my cup holders stay free for my drinks.
I mainly use Waze for police sightings and hazards next and on the roads. Requires Android Auto. Wished AA would use Bluetooth!

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Hmmmm... Hadn't really considered it before, but you guys may have sold me on sound deadening. Seems easy enough. Any downsides?

@Blufc3s Remember how many Sq/Ft it took to do what you did? (looks like under rear torture-seats and trunk bottom and sides)

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
A set of adjustable dampers with rebound set at full soft will certainly smooth out the ride. A set of Bilsteins, on the other hand, really give the car the nearly perfect sportscar ride when paired with OEM springs/OEM rates.

— Mike
second this ... had a wiggle in cornering in twisties with my V6. rear end felt really uneasy.
Bilsteins in rear fixed it dead. ride was uncompromised, and if anything had a really nice feel on rebound. best thing overall I did for it. Current GT PP1 has no issues in handling or ride, so cant suggest spending $ on shocks for it.

Sponsored

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6spd or A10?
I've done cosmetic upgrades to my '19 GT/CS.
One of my favorites was installing the HURST auto shift handle. (Looks great, Feels great).
And since I didn't like the GT/CS rims, I went with 20" Foose Legends.
Chrome bits in the interior and under the hood.
love the Hurst handle on my Auto, and have manual boot/trim ring on order.
car guys of my generation get it, Hurst shifter was the shit back in the day,
Nostalgic appeal for me more 'n anything.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree
This added 37 pounds to the car, but this shouldn’t be a concern for a DD.
9076AB40-B667-4090-8C63-CDF6BE0880D9.jpeg
052F1080-7237-4AED-9D01-8F8FA422B66B.jpeg
Nice job! had one of my rear seats folded forward the other day and road noise was a surprise. I will adopt this mod for sure.

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
I'm going to second this. I installed sound deadening in the rear trunk well and under the rear seats; definitely made a noticeable difference.
Agreed, one of my first mods was a Block It sound deadening mat that covers the whole trunk floor. Goes right over the factory mat and is removable. Big difference and very easy! I'm thinking about matting on the rear wheel tubs also. Under the rear seats I'll have to look at too. These cars are quite noisy.
I installed a Ford cargo net in the trunk, K&N drop in air filter/Airaid tube, Weather tech floor liners for the winter and covered the ugly airbag warning labels on the sun visors. Of course winter wheels and tires, Michelin PS4S summers replaced the nasty Pirelli PZero Corsa 4s.
So far....

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly the reason I posed the question to this forum to get feedback from those who have had this car for more than 2 weeks. Or is there a specific length of ownership I'm required to have before I am allowed to ask questions about mods other owners have done?
Is a human condition in car guys to want to put their brand on it, and wise to get opinions from like minded 'friends' to invest $$ wisely. From those replies, you can prioritze what resonates with you.

Ignore the critics, they are probably suffering from buyers remorse and bad choices.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the look of rear window louvers, and from a practical stance they really cut down on solar heating. This summer the car was unberable when getting in. Some things too hot to touch, and had to use my covid mask as a 'pot handler' to shift and steer until A/C helped.

spend an extra $75, and go the metal ones over ABS ... but thats just my bias. Sure the ABS are fine as well.

Sponsored

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
also recommend whatever you do, make it easy to remove. Extras do nothing for trade in value, and I was able to transfer everything from my last mustang to the new one. $30 for new louver install kit from amazon ... better than 600 (cdn) for new louver, eg.
took me an hour and a half to strip everything .. was hours installing. gauges esp took time to install, but minutes to rip out.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about the door insert cups or a nice phone holder. I learned that there wasn't a decent spot to put your phone in the car.
yes, i'd really appreciate a nice phone holder ... but where?? dont have nav, or carplay - so phone-as-gps is desireable. just cant imagine a practical and tasteful way to mount one.
imagination isnt my strong point though

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Many brands of sound deadening are very expensive for what they are, and that kept me from doing the mod for many years. Then I tried the brand Noico. Very inexpensive and works great.

Yes sound deadening does add some weight, but not enough to make a noticeable difference. I know when I added sound deadening to my Z06 it was huge. The stereo sounded so much better. And even in a super light car like that - weighing ~700 lbs less than a Mustang - I couldn't tell any difference in weight.

I take my cars to the road course, but I'm not driving for money or prizes, so if it takes me another tenth of a second to make a lap, no one will notice.
I added dynamat to a 1966 GTO it made a huge difference , but it also added 144 lb just in the rubber sound deadner .
People already complain that the mustang is a heavy pig, adding more weight isn't part of a performance cars plan, even if 90% of the owners will never use the car hard enough to feel the difference.
Also they are fighting to keep the vehicles weight down to get the best mpg for the c.a.f.e. reg's even while another fed dept keeps forcing the vehicle to get heavier in the name of safety.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In no particular order:

Bigger brakes. I upgraded bate GT brakes with the Ford Performance kit, which you can get relatively cheap. That reminds me...I need to sell my take-offs.
I have the perf pak, so 6 piston Brembos.

negative is 19" or bigger hoops, and having issues finding tires (plants closed, transportation issues, covid)

I love that I have '6 piston brembos', but it feels now its more for bragging rights, and the look of the huge caliper- as I dont see much difference over my V6 brakes (which were awesome comming from an SUV). Send me to hell for saying it :devil:, but I dont see a performance benefit as a daily driver. Im not gonna give em up though!!! lol. bragging rights baby. I know they have more grip as hard braking kicks in ABS sooner than on the standard brake setup. I just dont feel any more bite in normal daily braking.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I have the perf pak, so 6 piston Brembos.

negative is 19" or bigger hoops, and having issues finding tires (plants closed, transportation issues, covid)

I love that I have '6 piston brembos', but it feels now its more for bragging rights, and the look of the huge caliper- as I dont see much difference over my V6 brakes (which were awesome comming from an SUV). Send me to hell for saying it :devil:, but I dont see a performance benefit as a daily driver. Im not gonna give em up though!!! lol. bragging rights baby. I know they have more grip as hard braking kicks in ABS sooner than on the standard brake setup. I just dont feel any more bite in normal daily braking.
OP has the GT/CS which comes with the 19" rims and skins.
Sponsored