Daily Driver Mods

Gr8One1998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Just got my '21 GT/CS about 2 weeks ago. This is my daily driver car - not going to track it or do any kind of racing; at most just get a little spirited on the streets. So the stock 460 HP is more than enough for me, and I don't need super stiff suspension to ensure better 1/4 mile time. My question is, what kind of mods do you think would be best for this scenario? I'm open to suspension mods that would make the ride smoother overall, but maybe from that standpoint stock is the best you can get. Ultimately I just want it to be as comfortable to drive as possible, while still being fun.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
If that's the case.. do nothing. Just drive it.

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
6spd or A10?
I've done cosmetic upgrades to my '19 GT/CS.
One of my favorites was installing the HURST auto shift handle. (Looks great, Feels great).
And since I didn't like the GT/CS rims, I went with 20" Foose Legends.
Chrome bits in the interior and under the hood.

OP
OP

Gr8One1998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
6spd or A10?
A10 - I haven't seen the Hurst shifter; so I'll take a look at that. Cosmetically I love everything else about the CS package, so it's tough to find anything I want to change visually. I may play around in Photoshop with putting 5.0 badges either above or below the GT/CS badge on the fenders.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My favorite mod for just driving around on the streets is sound deadening. I've done it on the last few cars I owned because it makes such a huge difference. Our cars are definitely built on a budget, but having less road noise makes them feel a lot more luxurious.

Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Speaking from experience as my 16 was my DD for a couple years (I no longer have to commute), vertical links helped cut down on inner wheel axle hop when I was taking sharp turns from a stop and rear shock mounts helped the car feel less bouncy in the rear on crap roads. Neither of these mods have had any negatives.

All I'm working on with my car is trying to get it as planted as possible with bracing and removing some of the rubber. There is some room for improvement from factory without going full on race car.

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite mod for just driving around on the streets is sound deadening. I've done it on the last few cars I owned because it makes such a huge difference. Our cars are definitely built on a budget, but having less road noise makes them feel a lot more luxurious.
I'm going to second this. I installed sound deadening in the rear trunk well and under the rear seats; definitely made a noticeable difference.

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Floor mats. A $20K KIA Rio has nicer mats than my "Premium" Ford.

I also have a Steeda trunk-pop kit and clutch spring under my Christmas tree. Obviously they aren't installed yet, but based of feedback from this forum, I'm pretty sure I'll like it.

I'm with you, though. I just want a comfortable and fast GT car to commute in. I'm not trying to have a racecar.

OP
OP

Gr8One1998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Speaking from experience as my 16 was my DD for a couple years (I no longer have to commute), vertical links helped cut down on inner wheel axle hop when I was taking sharp turns from a stop and rear shock mounts helped the car feel less bouncy in the rear on crap roads. Neither of these mods have had any negatives.

All I'm working on with my car is trying to get it as planted as possible with bracing and removing some of the rubber. There is some room for improvement from factory without going full on race car.
This is exactly whatI was looking for; less hop and bounce while maintaining a comfortable ride!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gr8One1998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Floor mats. A $20K KIA Rio has nicer mats than my "Premium" Ford.

I also have a Steeda trunk-pop kit and clutch spring under my Christmas tree. Obviously they aren't installed yet, but based of feedback from this forum, I'm pretty sure I'll like it.

I'm with you, though. I just want a comfortable and fast GT car to commute in. I'm not trying to have a racecar.
Glad I'm not alone in wanting that!

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I'm going to second this. I installed sound deadening in the rear trunk well and under the rear seats; definitely made a noticeable difference.
Like pink panther wool?

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Ultimately I just want it to be as comfortable to drive as possible, while still being fun.
A set of adjustable dampers with rebound set at full soft will certainly smooth out the ride. A set of Bilsteins, on the other hand, really give the car the nearly perfect sportscar ride when paired with OEM springs/OEM rates.

Of course, ignore this if you have magnaride.

— Mike

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I agree
This added 37 pounds to the car, but this shouldn’t be a concern for a DD.
9076AB40-B667-4090-8C63-CDF6BE0880D9.jpeg
052F1080-7237-4AED-9D01-8F8FA422B66B.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: