neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
hell of a ride there. i would ship imo instead of having to wrap it in tape and risk it getting beat to hell but it would be a fun trip i'll give you that
I don't get this attitude. It's a Mustang, a car meant to be driven not to sit in a garage. It will never appreciate in value, maybe if you had a GT350R. Drive the thing.

You're just as likely to get a dent grocery shopping. May as well enjoy it.
Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
You're just as likely to get a dent grocery shopping. May as well enjoy it.
That's the truth. Just got mine out of the shop today. Repaired $2,500 worth of Wal-Mart parking lot souvenir. Thank goodness for easily-matched Oxford White paint! Panel fit is better than new.

But to your point, anything can happen and probably will. Just drive the car.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
OMG, what has happened to the American Male. We have cars that our Grandfathers would have killed for. And so many of you are scared to death of driving across this great land.

Your ancestors took trips across the US in cars with no AC, points and plugs that needed changing in less than 2500 miles. They were riding on tires with maybe 10k mile lifespans. Lots of them even used tires with tubes and they had to change their own flats. No cell phones for calling help. No satellite radio, no carrying your music collection, just searching for a station on your AM radio every 100 miles or so. Trying to hold a 70mph cruising speed was just inviting a boiling over radiator. You had better keep an eye on your fan/alternator belt cause they would pop and fly right off the car in between no and where. Heaven help you in the summer when a rainstorm came up, the windshield wipers acted like they were made of stone and just smeared the dirt around and even if they did work ok the moisture inside fogged the windows so you still couldn't see. The seats were so wide and slippery you wouldn't dare try to corner with any speed and if you did you'd end up on the other side of the car. Dashboards were made of "steel" and seatbelts were only on your lap so any frontal impact meant lots of dental work if you were lucky and a steering column thru the chest if you weren't. Braking in an emergency meant certain death either because the skinny tires had no real grip or the brakes would lock up the back tires leaving you to watch the world revolve around your car before impact.

You had to have a map or atlas and know how to read it along with knowing how to tell the points of the compass cause there was no GPS or anything like it. Your headlights were prone to die in the middle of a trip and were only good up to 60mph at night anyway. Mufflers and tailpipes rusted out and fell off going over RR crossings. Hoods would fly up and fold over the roof, and even after all those potential catastrophies, Guys and gals would still look forward to driving a thousand miles to visit Aunt Agnes and Uncle Fred for a week.

Oh yeah and if you were any race other than White you'd better pack lots of food cause you might not be served at any restaurants along the way.

The point to all this is that each and every one of you should be out there enjoying your ability to make relatively painless long distance drives in this amazing car called Mustang that we share a love of. It will give you hours and hours of carefree fun miles across this beautiful country that we live in. We have the best roads, the best service, no boarder hassles and the same currency for 3 thousand miles coast to coast. It's out there and just waiting for you to enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Drove my GT350 from the dealer in OK to CA with my dad. About 1600 miles in three days. Piece of cake - car was awesome as a touring car.

We'd drive for most of the day, and at 4:30 or 5:00 we'd look for a Holiday Inn Express ahead and stay there (smart phones make things so easy nowadays). Never any concerns about finding a place to stay.

Here was my thread about the trip. It was great!

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42745

-T

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
Has anyone done any long distance trips with their Stangs (particularly in the winter time). Any overheating or issues like that?

I have to move my GT from Richmond, VA to Tacoma, Washington this January. My car has been in storage for a year and I miss it terribly, so I figured I can put all those missed miles on it and see the USA all in one trip :D.
My son and I drove from Egg Harbor Township NJ (Near Atlantic City) to Mesa Arizona and then home. I was in the driver seat 13-15 hours a day. It was an awesome trip not rush to get anywhere and 13 days to go out and come back. We wanted to go to Albuquerque NM to see where "Breaking Bad" was shot and then on to Mesa to see my Aunt. I drove my S197 out two years ago by myself. I did not like the seats S197 but still an awesome drive. I will probably do it again before I get too old but it is something i recommend. :ford::thumbsup:

Sponsored

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 mustang
Just went from Minnesota to Colorado and back. put 2500 miles on my car. Was a pleasure to drive and rode great. Did not have any issues so drive it and enjoy the drive .

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT, 03 F150
I've done 3 round trips to Fl from Mn (one last January between two blizzards), 5 round trips to Indpls. (winter and summer) and two round trips to Michigan. Car is great long distance. The second trip to Fl (Ft. Myers) I came home in 2 days. 950 miles each day. Was ready to drive it to work the next day.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just did from L.A to Santa Rosa and back last week in the course of 3 days. A fire in Big Sur prevented me from taking PCH on the way back :(

I've never enjoyed having to drive that far until I got the Mustang... Now it's awesome!

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I've driven mine from VA - SC...from VA - MA...and i'm about to do VA - FL...and plan to do VA - NV...it's extremely comfortable and smooth.

I would love to drive up to WA, going through MT would be awesome driving those curvy roads. Just drive it and enjoy the views

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
OMG, what has happened to the American Male. We have cars that our Grandfathers would have killed for. And so many of you are scared to death of driving across this great land.

Your ancestors took trips across the US in cars with no AC, points and plugs that needed changing in less than 2500 miles. They were riding on tires with maybe 10k mile lifespans. Lots of them even used tires with tubes and they had to change their own flats. No cell phones for calling help. No satellite radio, no carrying your music collection, just searching for a station on your AM radio every 100 miles or so. Trying to hold a 70mph cruising speed was just inviting a boiling over radiator. You had better keep an eye on your fan/alternator belt cause they would pop and fly right off the car in between no and where. Heaven help you in the summer when a rainstorm came up, the windshield wipers acted like they were made of stone and just smeared the dirt around and even if they did work ok the moisture inside fogged the windows so you still couldn't see. The seats were so wide and slippery you wouldn't dare try to corner with any speed and if you did you'd end up on the other side of the car. Dashboards were made of "steel" and seatbelts were only on your lap so any frontal impact meant lots of dental work if you were lucky and a steering column thru the chest if you weren't. Braking in an emergency meant certain death either because the skinny tires had no real grip or the brakes would lock up the back tires leaving you to watch the world revolve around your car before impact.

You had to have a map or atlas and know how to read it along with knowing how to tell the points of the compass cause there was no GPS or anything like it. Your headlights were prone to die in the middle of a trip and were only good up to 60mph at night anyway. Mufflers and tailpipes rusted out and fell off going over RR crossings. Hoods would fly up and fold over the roof, and even after all those potential catastrophies, Guys and gals would still look forward to driving a thousand miles to visit Aunt Agnes and Uncle Fred for a week.

Oh yeah and if you were any race other than White you'd better pack lots of food cause you might not be served at any restaurants along the way.

The point to all this is that each and every one of you should be out there enjoying your ability to make relatively painless long distance drives in this amazing car called Mustang that we share a love of. It will give you hours and hours of carefree fun miles across this beautiful country that we live in. We have the best roads, the best service, no boarder hassles and the same currency for 3 thousand miles coast to coast. It's out there and just waiting for you to enjoy it. :thumbsup:
Drove my GT350 from the dealer in OK to CA with my dad. About 1600 miles in three days. Piece of cake - car was awesome as a touring car.

We'd drive for most of the day, and at 4:30 or 5:00 we'd look for a Holiday Inn Express ahead and stay there (smart phones make things so easy nowadays). Never any concerns about finding a place to stay.

Here was my thread about the trip. It was great!

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42745

-T
these guys know what it's about:thumbsup::headbang:

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
I've done a few trips in the Mustang, from DFW to east TN and also to NM. It's a great road trip car!

If you aren't in a big hurry, make sure to avoid the interstate at least once in a while. The interstate is awesome for getting from A to B, but it can get monotonous after a while. Hit the back roads with some curves and hills, and the Mustang really shines. Plus, with exception of a few places, you'll get much better scenery (and photo ops, hint hint).

I'm going to CO soon but decided not to take the Mustang. :( It was a tough decision and I'll really miss it on the mountain roads, but I'm going to be hunting and hiking so the SUV will give me more mobility and my sphincter won't pucker at every pot hole, washboard, or arroyo on the forest service roads.
Sponsored