3-4 people road trips with the S550?

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Just FYI, there has been a big recall on the Recaro seats.
Link, source, any additional info?

Thanks for sharing!

-Emt1581
Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tall people should avoid riding in the back seat of a Mustang. No head restraints to protect against a rear impact crash. Unless you don't care about that sort of stuff :headbonk:
That's my concern. Someone's head it right against the window/roof and you hit a bump, get in a crash/accident, etc...you're looking at some damage that might have otherwise been a non-issue with a little more wiggle room.

Not sure what that wiggle room needs to be in order for safety to be optimized.

-Emt1581

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Just FYI, there has been a big recall on the Recaro seats.
My seat only had a revision on the recommended weight limit using the LATCH system. My daughter is big for her age so I had already been using the actual seat belt for some time. IIRC, they reduced the weight from 55 lbs to 40 lbs. I'm not sure on other models though.

chris_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP
tall people should avoid riding in the back seat of a Mustang. No head restraints to protect against a rear impact crash. Unless you don't care about that sort of stuff :headbonk:
He didn't really have much of a choice, either he rode back there or didn't go on the trip.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fifty15

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Abbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium PP
I have the EvenFlo SecureKid in mine. Works really well because it's pretty low profile.

Last summer we took a road trip from Los Angeles to Monterey, CA through Big Sur, then took freeways on the way home; about 700 miles round trip with the route we took. It went really well, and of course the car handled Big Sur like a dream.

Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Don't do it... Little people will impede your fun! Leave them at home in capable arms!

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the EvenFlo SecureKid in mine. Works really well because it's pretty low profile.

Last summer we took a road trip from Los Angeles to Monterey, CA through Big Sur, then took freeways on the way home; about 700 miles round trip with the route we took. It went really well, and of course the car handled Big Sur like a dream.
Doesn't look quite as badass as the Recaro but on the other hand if the kid is a double-fisted drinker...this would seem to be right up their alley!

-Emt1581

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't do it... Little people will impede your fun! Leave them at home in capable arms!
What?!?... I love it whenever I pass another car and he insists we "won" and "yeah...take that other car, my daddy beat you!!" That and "faster Daddy faster!"

-Emt1581

94and15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GTPP / 94 GT
For the people that I have had in my car, the leg room seems to be less of an issue than headroom. Anyone over 5'6" or so will be very close to the window and the person who was 6'1" had to have their head tilted if they wanted to sit properly. I haven't had any children who required a booster back there, but the kids who were back there - the only complaint was that it was hard to see out of the tiny rear side windows.

Sponsored

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
I've done 300-400 mile (round trip) with the wife and 5yr old son, who's in a booster. Definitely a little tight, even though my wife has short legs. If the wife moves her seat to a comfy position, my son's feet are slightly touching the back of her seat. Once he's out of the booster, his feet will be on the floor, so it should be a little better.
We usually take one of our other cars for longer trips, so my son is always excited on the rare occasions we do take the mustang.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
What?!?... I love it whenever I pass another car and he insists we "won" and "yeah...take that other car, my daddy beat you!!" That and "faster Daddy faster!"

-Emt1581
^^^ This. My kids love our Mustang, and complain when we cannot take it. My 8yo does all of the things you mention here.
Sponsored