Sponsored

3-4 people road trips with the S550?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
My 4 year old son fits very comfortably in the back seat. It's a tight fit for his booster seat but plenty of leg/head room. He had a blast during the test drive! I figure we have a solid 5-7 years before he'll be a little too big to fit back there.

Has anyone taken any trips of any real distance with the S550 while kid(s) or smaller adult(s) were in the back seat? How'd it go? Any spacial issues?

Also, slightly off topic, but does anyone have any booster seats that just look awesome? A buddy of mine has Recaro's for his twin girls (in the back of his Focus ST). Those look decently bad-ass for what they are.

Thanks!

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I was about to say Recaro. They make awesome car seats. I bought one as gift for a coworker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
I drove from where I live in Northwest Florida to Orlando with my youngest daughter in the back. Then from Orlando to Miami with both my daughters in the back. I'm not small so I require a little leg room to drive and my son was in the passenger seat and he is 6' tall. Both my daughters are petite at 5'1". I kept asking if they had enough room and they both were fine. No complaints from either of them the entire trip there, then back. We also had 3 medium and 1 full size suitcases in the trunk.

Last edited:

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
No road trips yet, but I'm planning a summer Tail Of The Dragon trip. Should be pretty rad.

My daughter loves her Recaro. The only issue right now is that her legs aren't long enough for her feet to tuck under the seat. So she needs the front seat up a little more than one would think. Shouldn't be an issue for too much longer.

Pics of Recaro:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
My daughter loves her Recaro. The only issue right now is that her legs aren't long enough for her feet to tuck under the seat. So she needs the front seat up a little more than one would think. Shouldn't be an issue for too much longer.

Pics of Recaro:
Awesome.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No road trips yet, but I'm planning a summer Tail Of The Dragon trip. Should be pretty rad.

Very cool!! Thanks for sharing!

Good idea with the towel/blanket underneath. I was thinking of doing the same thing. That way when the booster is no longer needed...no marks or stains in the seats.

-Emt1581

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Lol thanks bro. It's actually one of the better seats on the market in terms of safety. It always draws comments from other "car people".

Very cool!! Thanks for sharing!

Good idea with the towel/blanket underneath. I was thinking of doing the same thing. That way when the booster is no longer needed...no marks or stains in the seats.

-Emt1581
Thanks! I think my wife picked it up at Target or WalMart, something along those lines. It's a purpose built seat protector, has a bunch of mesh pockets on the front for sunglasses, toys, stuff like that.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol thanks bro. It's actually one of the better seats on the market in terms of safety. It always draws comments from other "car people".

Thanks! I think my wife picked it up at Target or WalMart, something along those lines. It's a purpose built seat protector, has a bunch of mesh pockets on the front for sunglasses, toys, crumbs, petrified french fries, old bits of candy, stuff like that.
FIFY :D

...although in my Stang there will be a ZERO food/drink rule strictly enforced!!

Only exception I can see is some sort of totally sealed drink system. Kinda like a Camelback with a bit valve or something. Wish I could find a sippy cup that never dripped a drop!

-Emt1581

chris_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP
I did a road trip with my friend that is 6'2 in the back seat. He just complained the whole time haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
My daughters are 8 and 14.

They both hate riding in the back. Mostly because they cant see out.

I have to wait for the summer when they are at camp. I am dying for a 5-7 hour road trip.

Sponsored

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Just FYI, there has been a big recall on the Recaro seats.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I drive 5.5 hours (300 miles away) to my land in NW Arkansas every other week or so and take my wife and 6 year old. He likes it back there in a booster. My wife is 5'9" and my boy is 4' and there is plenty of room for him to sit behind her.

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 6'1" and I sat in the back of my buddies s550 for 20 minutes. Not recommended. Anybody ~5'5" ish though shouldn't have any problems in the back unless the driver needs the seat all the way back.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I did a road trip with my friend that is 6'2 in the back seat. He just complained the whole time haha
tall people should avoid riding in the back seat of a Mustang. No head restraints to protect against a rear impact crash. Unless you don't care about that sort of stuff :headbonk:
Sponsored