Cross country road trip prep

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
If you end up in Ohio while on your trip, just keep going, nothing worthwhile here. But hey, at least we're not West Virginia

There is one thing to see here, if your a football fan the pro football hall of fame is in Canton OH
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I would make sure you have some type of roadside assist coverage, wether AAA or thru your insurance. I was amazed how inexpensive it is thru State Farm....like $4 every 6mos inexpensive for me. Have it on all my cars and have used it a few times as well.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Sunscreen, for your left arm at least, if you tend to drive window down, arm out. For me in the 'vert, it's a given, and all over.

ClayAce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I too am prepping for a cross country run from Michigan to Cali through Yellowstone, Yosemite, and down the PCH..A full size tire along with a battery impact wrench (that can handle 120 ft-lbs) and of course a jack are a must in my opinion. I'm having the front of my vert plastic wrapped to help during my desert runs. Safe travels!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ravenofpoe

ravenofpoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Yeah I’ve learned the sunscreen lesson the hard way. I already keep some in the car.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Looks like you'll be passing through Houston since you're going PHX to NO.

My advice would be to try to avoid passing through here during rush hour lol...basically from 3pm-7pm...

Have a great trip!

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Be sure and go through Death Valley on your way to Vegas...stop by Scottie's castle in the park if you have time, well worth a visit. Lots of cool stuff to see and do in Vegas, great food as well! Hoover dam is a must see east of Vegas also.

Stone pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT/CS
Since your taking your time, stay off the interstate. Use the back roads. See the country, in a more laid back way. It will be much less stressful than the over crowded interstate system that is in poor condition.
As far as car prep, as many has said. Give the car a good once over before leaving. Air pressure, fluids, etc. check. A spare is by far the best option but a plug kit and portable air compressor is useful as well. Keep water, snacks, a blanket, a basic 1st aid kit, a few basic tools, and detail items, you or someone you come across may need help. Try and get your lady to pack light, good luck with that one. Take your time, don't put to much into one day. Enjoy, these types of opportunities are few are far between.

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Hoover Dam isn't far from Las Vegas, then go to the grand canyon (either drive or take the train). Next visit Flagstaff and check out the observatory. On your way to Phoenix, go the scenic route thru Sedona - beautiful area!
As other have recommended, a spare w/jack, air compressor, quart or two of oil, med kit, battery jumper (serves as a battery bank for cellphones and such). Have it aligned, change spark plugs before you go, also I'd have it detailed and put liquid glass or a ceramic of sorts on the entire front end and behind the wheels (save rock chips from damaging paint).

Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I cut a piece of static cling on plastic window tint to size, and put it on the appropriate front window when necessary.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
if you pass Jacksonville FL coming from I-10, keep driving... we are boring AF... now, i can recommend St. Augustine... you will have to go south on I-95 for about 45 minutes and you are going north... i love st. Augustine... oldest city in united states...
Sponsored