Sponsored

15k Miles, Many Long Trips

dtxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CompOFiveO
So after hitting 15K miles, and driving all over the country, I have a few updates:
  • This motor gets better and better with time, has really opened up and is amazing above 3K
  • On that note, the V8 CAN also get decent fuel economy. Have hit 26mpg on long stretches by throwing it in 6th and setting cruise at 80mph.
  • The shifting has gotten a lot smoother as well, or maybe I've just gotten more used to it. Feels much better though and the stick seems to slide into gears with much less effort.
  • Premium seats are AMAZING for long drives
  • CO is a most definitely a cop magnet
  • You CAN do a road trip with 4 adult males in this car. Not fun, but doable.
  • MBRP street catback is perfect for a long distance daily driver.
  • Not sure if anyone on here does this, but taping up the front end really helps on long drives, way less bug splatters to clean up, and no rock chips. I don't have a great pic, but it held up pretty well too over a 1K+ mile drive through multiple storms. The pic below is after 3 or 4 hours of heavy rain.
  • Get a spare tire! I haven't had to use it yet, but it gave me so much more peace of mind when I'm out in the middle of nowhere. Def worth $200 compared to the crap it comes with in the trunk. I also got a cheap but very useable toolbox from Harbor Freight (I know!) and leave it in the trunk. The Ford Trunk Mat prevents it from sliding around. May just be my imagination, but I added a layer of home depot insulation material between the mat and the trunk floor, and it seems to have cut down the exhaust drone a bit.
thumb_IMG_1989_1024.jpg
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
[*]You CAN do a road trip with 4 adult males in this car. Not fun, but doable.
How did you do it ?
I once - out of complete curiosity - tried to sit in the back. I did not fit under the rear window (had to have my had tilted to the side) and I'm only 5'10"...

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
need to change that to: travel with "can travel with myself and three additional females"

Sponsored

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Is there a spare tire that fits both the front and rear on the performance pack? If I got another PP front wheel would that work?

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
How did you do it ?
I once - out of complete curiosity - tried to sit in the back. I did not fit under the rear window (had to have my had tilted to the side) and I'm only 5'10"...
I'm the same height and had this exact experience as well. Let room wasn't a huge problem, but head room was...lacking.

-T

texaswrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MAGNETIC
Same here. At 6'3 I was curious, so I squeezed back there. Head meet window.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Seventh Mustang for me. WORST back seat ever. I could actually sit in the back of a Fox Hatch, and our baby seats fit back there just fine. This one? You must be joking. I did get back there once, to clean the rear window, and tried to sit in the seat. I am 5'-10" but long bodied, and my neck would break if I tried to stay back there more than a few minutes. Add to that the non-existent legroom, even sitting behind my own seat, and there's little reason to call that thing a "seat." It's a package shelf with lap belts.

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
I'm 6'4" and tried to sit in the back. No way man! You have to be probably 5' 6" or less to sit in relative comfort back there.

Sponsored

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
I'm only 5'7 and my head hits the glass in the back seat, that said there is enough leg room to slide down in the seat and be fine. I did go on a short drive with a friend who is 6'2 in the back seat - he had to tilt his head way to the side, but leg room wasn't a problem.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
How did you do it ?
Right?! :confused:
I was forced to sit in the back for a measly 1.5hrs (I won because I was the shortest of 3 of us, at 5'7"; hubster drove). The discomfort made me so cranky I literally almost cried. Apparently I drove the guys crazy because when I returned from the gas station restroom, our friend was silently lying on a pile of jackets in the back seat :lol::rolleyes:

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I wouldn't wish seat time in the rear on my worst enemy. May be OK for pre teen kids, thats about it though.
Sponsored