Sponsored

Been on any looooong road trips yet?

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I'll be driving from San Diego to Longview WA next month to visit a friend. That's 2246 miles / 34 hours round trip (not counting LA traffic :p).
Really looking forward to it :)
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Planning NYC to San Diego and back in a few months. Across the country and back in ten days.

Dragen

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBPP
First, and last, in the stang; texas to san francisco for now-ex-best friend's wedding. Got kicked off flight, thanks to sister's panic attack, so had to drive at the last minute. Absolutely miserable drive, and discovered the car's seats suck on long trips, and highway mileage is mediocre.

Unrelated--the marriage last about as long as the trip out there and back (long story; lets just say, never allow cell phones at a bachelor party). :tsk:

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
First, and last, in the stang; texas to san francisco for now-ex-best friend's wedding. Got kicked off flight, thanks to sister's panic attack, so had to drive at the last minute. Absolutely miserable drive, and discovered the car's seats suck on long trips, and highway mileage is mediocre.

Unrelated--the marriage last about as long as the trip out there and back (long story; lets just say, never allow cell phones at a bachelor party). :tsk:
You have the Recaros? The regular seats feel great on short drives, and I did a bunch of 2500 mile drives in my S197 and was perfectly comfortable.

As to the rest... Sounds like a hell of a story!

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Planning NYC to San Diego and back in a few months. Across the country and back in ten days.
That's quite a trek. Jealous! :usa:
Did one-way from Raleigh to San Diego kinda in a hurry (new job), maybe 4 days, back in 1997. No fun stops in between. It would have been 100 times more interesting in this car. That may have been the only cross-country drive I'll ever do...at least until/unless I have all the time in the world. I'd like to drive to...NYC. (I have friends and family in Westchester Co.)

Sponsored

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
Next weekend, I'll be traveling from NE Ohio to Birmingham, AL to participate in a 24 Hours of Lemons race, then off to Daytona Beach to visit family, then back to Ohio. Should be around 2,300 miles.

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Next weekend, I'll be traveling from NE Ohio to Birmingham, AL to participate in a 24 Hours of Lemons race, then off to Daytona Beach to visit family, then back to Ohio. Should be around 2,300 miles.
Are you going to drive *on* Daytona Beach? ;)

Scott in Houston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Track Package
I have only done a 4.5 hour drive, but it was amazing. I'd love to drive it for days. I have PP and Recaros and loved the long haul. My daughter in the back seat… not so much.

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I have only done a 4.5 hour drive, but it was amazing. I'd love to drive it for days. I have PP and Recaros and loved the long haul. My daughter in the back seat… not so much.
Yeah...long-distance trips in this car are definitely meant for two, maximum.

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
I did around 5 hours in mine, ~250 miles in my local area on the fun roads. Out to Mt. Rushmore, highway 16A, to Lead/Deadwood, Spearfish Canyon and back.

Lots of fun in the twisties, but no long interstate trips yet.

The Recaros are awesome.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yes 8 and half hrs to balitmore to buy the car. drove it 8 and half hrs home

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
yes 8 and half hrs to balitmore to buy the car. drove it 8 and half hrs home
OT, what dealership? Me, just a 23 mile commute to work everyday...this spring I'll stretch her legs a bit.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
If only I had the time. I'd LOVE to do a loop around the country. It's a trip I've been wanting to do for years.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I'll be driving from San Diego to Longview WA next month to visit a friend. That's 2246 miles / 34 hours round trip (not counting LA traffic :p).
Really looking forward to it :)
Wow, you will be driving right by my house by about half of a mile if you stick to I-5, live just a little ways off the freeway about 20min south of Longview. Grew up in Castle Rock which is about 5 miles north of there too. Have a nice trip! Will wave at you as you go by... :)

Chris

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO