Sponsored

Coyote and the Voodoo

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Why not open the bore via PTWA (Coyote 92mm, Voodoo 94mm) and then give the stroke a few more mm from Coyote's 92.78mm to 97mm. That's effectively 5.4l.
94mm bore IS a can do with PTWA. But that's about as big as it goes with 100mm bore spacing that Essex is set up for. The longer stroke with the same deck height, I'm not so sure. Now that Ford has used PTWA in the GT500, and now GT350, it might turn up in a year or two in the Coyote. And hopefully with a larger bore. A 5.2 Coyote (in round numbers).

All automakers will start feeling pain in the 2017 model year. Passenger car CAFE goes to 39.6-40.1 mpg (2008 Base Year-2010 Base year). Ouch!

That is all...
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
the hand build Voodoo's will be offered as a crate engine before it ever becomes available on the production Mustangs!! ???? yes...no ???
Yes but if prior years are any indication it will be very expensive. The GT500 engine was $30k as a crate engine.

Last edited:

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Someone posted they saw a '16 with 4 gill lights vs the standard 3 so that means something is going on. Maybe the '16 has 4 gills and one is a turn indicator. Who knows. lol.
I sure hope not. I dun ordered one! When I ordered, I figured all that would change for 2016 would be the VIN prefix. The stopped making 2015's on Friday, and started 2016's today. No shutdown for changeover, so it can't be much. I'd take a bump to 460 hp to top the new LT1 Camaro at the 2015 price. Yeah, I know... somebody better pinch me and wake me up - - - I'm dreamin'. :D

That is all...

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
I've done little research on the reliability of displacement on demand systems (shutting down cylinders) other than hearing they were a nightmare once upon a time, but I expected Ford to have at least considered it for the Coyote in S550 development. I do a lot of highway driving and having my GT cut down to 4 or even 2 cylinders would be pretty swanky.
Swanky? Have you ever spoken with someone who had an automatic Camaro with this feature? They absolutely hate it.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Swanky? Have you ever spoken with someone who had an automatic Camaro with this feature? They absolutely hate it.
Absolutely. Had it it my G8 and hated it.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
This forum cracks me up sometimes.

1. SVT/Ford Performance motors has never minded small production years for their motors. The supercharged 4.6 was only in production 2 years as well as the supercharged 5.8. I would never expect to see the 5.2 in a production Mustang, as others have said.

2. Everyone talking about the Camero with more power like it matters. It has had more power than the Mustang since it came back out and it still hasn't been impressive. Let's wait until it comes out and produces before we start giving it any credit.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
This forum cracks me up sometimes.

1. SVT/Ford Performance motors has never minded small production years for their motors. The supercharged 4.6 was only in production 2 years as well as the supercharged 5.8. I would never expect to see the 5.2 in a production Mustang, as others have said.

2. Everyone talking about the Camero with more power like it matters. It has had more power than the Mustang since it came back out and it still hasn't been impressive. Let's wait until it comes out and produces before we start giving it any credit.
Remember in 2010 when the Mustang was 300hp and the Camaro was at 420?it was something outrageous.....didn't make me want that hunk O crap any more. Mustang is Mustang they hate us becuz they ain't us

GPhilly04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost 6MT
Don't forget though that the EB requires 93 for the power, and the GT does not (loses 1%). I've run the #s after you factor in 93 octane vs 87 and the difference in MPG cost between the EB and GT is like 30 miles different per fill up per week and is like $200 for the year. At that point, I'll take the GT hands down.

That's assuming an EB owner is willing to put in 93 over 87. I think most guys with the EB got it because it's a car that looks great, has better than average power, all while getting really respectable MPG. All those are still true while running on 87.

That being said, if you were to compare 87 in the EB to 87 in a GT, it comes out to $500+/year.

You're completely right in your statement. I'm simply saying that SHOULD an EB owner stick to 87, the gas savings are significant.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
yeah, to hell with all that cylinder deactivation mess. In an SUV? ok.. in a V8 sports car? hell no. in a pickup truck? hell no. I cant be convinced that having 4 cylinders firing hot while the other 4 are cold is a good thing for longevity... Im sure they have it figured out and perfected, but i'd steer clear from that crap.. or tune it out. Glad Ford isn't into it.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
didn't ford say the voodoo wouldn't be in any other vehicle but the GT350/R?
I don't think that was official. I could see a TT voodoo GT500.

elfiero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium, 401A, silver, ebony, A/T
If I might add to this conversation: Be a "more mature" member of this fine website, I was actually dabbling in all things HP back in the glory days. To that end, Ford has ALWAYS had a different philosophy to making power than Chevy did. Example: The FE427 vs. the BBC 427- About the RPM where your right foot started to twitch on the Chevy, the Ford was just starting to get it's legs! Ford believes in revs, GM believes in torque. It's been that way since the fitties. The wee-vee 6 Egoboost with the hair drier seems to be the direction that Bill Ford wants to go in the future. Me? I LIKE the coyote, and own two of them(F150& Must. GT). Ford just seems incapable(for whatever reason) of building a torque-monster V8

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I would bet on a V6 ecoboost in the near future in the mustang and the 5.0 staying around with slight incremental improvements.
Sponsored