Has anyone attempted to swap a 10-speed GT’s Coyote for a Voodoo?

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
what about just putting an A10 in a 350? seems like it'd be easier to source an A10 than it would be to source a voodoo.
Can you just imagine the looks you’ll get when you pull up to a show in a regular GT and rev the engine. Priceless.

OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
what about just putting an A10 in a 350? seems like it'd be easier to source an A10 than it would be to source a voodoo.
Nah. Digital Dash + ACC + Heated Steering Wheel + Automatic Wipers + 4-setting Active Exhaust, etc would make me want to pay the extra to throw it in a GT. More DD tech. :clap:

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
But isn’t the sound exactly why so many of us love about our Coyotes? The idea of hearing the sound of a Voodoo in my car is enthralling.
If it sounds that great, why does Ford pipe in sound from the stereo:crazy:
If I had powerball money....I'd be all about this!
I'd buy all the remaining Mystic Cobras, push all but one of them into the ocean, and have the only real one on the planet. I mean, Powerball money is for stupid, frivolous shit, right?
Cheaper too. Plenty of old F150s out there. :thumbsup:

Cobra Jet

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Decided to take a look even though I have no intention of actually doing this (more curious than anything): a GT350 Voodoo engine isn’t THAT bad price-wise, seems to go for $10-13k on average. A brand new one from Ford will run you $20k + shipping, though.
No, not horrible for those that CAN throw money around - but with those prices - is it including the entire engine harness and associated PCM - most don’t...

OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
No, not horrible for those that CAN throw money around - but with those prices - is it including the entire engine harness and associated PCM - most don’t...
No clue. However, I’m speaking in comparison to a Gen3 Coyote which go for similar prices. If my Coyote goes after warranty, it might make sense to just grab a Voodoo! :cwl:

Wouldn't an Aluminator be a better choice? Just asking.
I know nothing of the Aluminator. Is it flat plane crank?

Balr14

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2010 BMW 335i
Based strictly on the numbers, yes. But, that sound from the flat plane crank. Nothing in the world compares to it.
I'm hearing impaired. Everyone told me my Porsche sounded incredible, too. Damn!

173 - AWE - 1