Has anyone attempted to swap a 10-speed GT’s Coyote for a Voodoo?

olaosunt

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Not seeing that as being a significant problem at all. Should be able to rewire the Voodoo's injectors and spark plugs to suit the Coyote's ECU. The ECU doesn't care where those things are physically located.

Dealing with knock sensing might be a whole 'nother story, though.

Norm
Is that what happens when a cross plane motor is swapped in to a GT 350 ?
I was told the ECU had to be “repinned” .

I had considered doing that when my Voodoo went down and had a 5.2 Cross plane motor on hand but my Ford tech had no idea what I was talking about .

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack

I had considered doing that when my Voodoo went down and had a 5.2 Cross plane motor on hand but my Ford tech had no idea what I was talking about .
Let's get real here, do Ford techs know anything about our cars? You hear regular stories about 8-quarts of oil put in gen3 Coyotes.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX, '01 20AE
I wasn't aware that CPC engines had been swapped into GT350s but yes, that's what would have to be done. Injector and ignition timing has to follow what the engine mechanically requires.

Most probably wouldn't, unless they've either been given an in-depth explanation of the differences or had enough curiosity to find out for themselves. Stuff done per the factory shop manual, they're going to be OK about (at least the A-level techs). Stuff on a more theoretical level like this, not so much.

Norm

olaosunt

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Let's get real here, do Ford techs know anything about our cars? You hear regular stories about 8-quarts of oil put in gen3 Coyotes.
In fairness mine has been able to do more than most as they have a “performance” line .
He was able to do a 6r80 swap and they have done most of my other work for the last 10 years .

I am sure he could do the “re-pinning “ of the ECU if he had instructions .

olaosunt

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wasn't aware that CPC engines had been swapped into GT350s.
Norm
I heard of a few people who road race have done the swap .
CPC motor is apparently more reliable and makes more torque .

bauern

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
In fairness mine has been able to do more than most as they have a “performance” line .
He was able to do a 6r80 swap and they have done most of my other work for the last 10 years .

I am sure he could do the “re-pinning “ of the ECU if he had instructions .
Technically it's re pinning the engine harness. Only cyl. 2,3,6, & 7 need to be changed
Here you go:

Attachments

olaosunt

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Technically it's re pinning the engine harness. Only cyl. 2,3,6, & 7 need to be changed
Here you go:
As always , you are the man... thanks !!
I was not sure if it was you or @AceOne who had put a CP motor in their GT350.

I already have a spare voodoo engine(and another in the way ) but this means I have another option if I need to for the GT 350.

Also means I have the option to put one of the voodoo motors in one of the 15 GT’s if I chose .

104 - Cervini's Auto Designs - 1