Not open for further replies.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
You know I meant virus. Stop being so petty. And I don't appreciate your condescending tone in this post. The CDC estimate of 0.26% for COVID19 mortality rates contradict your WIKI stats. I have mentioned in previous posts the decision to take the vaccine is an individual one. I am healthy and have no comorbidities so I chose to wait. Get over it.
Not wiki stats but nice try. Johns Hopkins collated dashboard tracker which has been more accurate and up-to-date than the CDC from the beginning.

I thought trusting the CDC wasn't cool anymore.

Anyhoo - didn't mean my previous comments as condescending. Think of them as fatherly and factual. I am not telepathic so I cannot speak for errors you type.

And of course the decision is personal. No one said otherwise. There's just a better decision (vaccine) and a nonsensical decision (no vaccine).

Screenshot_20210323-230218.png

Screenshot_20210323-230126~2.png

Screenshot_20210323-230103~2.png
Sponsored

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
You know I meant virus. Stop being so petty. And I don't appreciate your condescending tone in this post. The CDC estimate of 0.26% for COVID19 mortality rates contradict your WIKI stats. I have mentioned in previous posts the decision to take the vaccine is an individual one. I am healthy and have no comorbidities so I chose to wait. Get over it.
I'm just curious - What are your thoughts about the morbidity associated with a COVID infection...the after effects that survivors experience? Your response had not addressed that.

It's something I have seen frequently in practice. Though you hear less about this in media and therefore isn't on the public mind.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
@ MagicMike - Done conversing with your smart arrogant ass.

Last edited:

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my first Moderna shot yesterday. I don't want to find out how this new virus impacts me should I get it. Not getting the vaccine is basically letting Xi experiment on you. I don't want to be sitting there wondering if my breathing troubles are going to keep going downhill and at what point I have to call an ambulance. No thanks, gimme the shot. That's how I see it.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
Just got my first Moderna shot yesterday. I don't want to find out how this new virus impacts me should I get it. Not getting the vaccine is basically letting Xi experiment on you. I don't want to be sitting there wondering if my breathing troubles are going to keep going downhill and at what point I have to call an ambulance. No thanks, gimme the shot. That's how I see it.
Hilarious! That's my thought process too

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I figured someone would say this.
I should’ve been more accurate. My apologies.
It “could” be seen as a win.
As always, correlation doesn’t necessarily imply causation.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It “could” be seen as a win.
As always, correlation doesn’t necessarily imply causation.
If a rate increase of 200 per day pre mask mandate, is the same as 200 a day increase 3 weeks post mandate "could" be seen as win, "could" also be seen as a non event.

But at least you can think. We will never know the real truth since it got politicized.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If a rate increase of 200 per day pre mask mandate, is the same as 200 a day increase 3 weeks post mandate "could" be seen as win, "could" also be seen as a non event.

But at least you can think. We will never know the real truth since it got politicized.
It’s actually not a political issue of the type you’re referring to in many countries. Probably the ones that have dealt with it better. Probably.
It’s a lot easier to get people swimming in the same direction when the majority realise they’re all on the same team.

If you think that seeing the same numbers week to week isn’t some kind of “winning” then I really don’t think you’re grasping the fundamentals.

Sponsored

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2007 Audi S4, 2016 Mustang GT/CS (sold)
It’s actually not a political issue of the type you’re referring to in many countries. Probably the ones that have dealt with it better. Probably.
It’s a lot easier to get people swimming in the same direction when the majority realise they’re all on the same team.

If you think that seeing the same numbers week to week isn’t some kind of “winning” then I really don’t think you’re grasping the fundamentals.
I think the point he's getting at is the possibility that the rate would be the same regardless of masking and distancing. The possibility that it's something else that is limiting the numbers. Without knowing the specific differences in how Covid and the flu differ in infectiousness, I do find it odd that masking and distancing have been given as a probable reason for the low numbers of flu this year, but seemingly haven't severely limited Covid. It's odd to me because they seem to be similarly passed amongst the population, but the Covid virus is bigger than the flu. It would seem that the flu should have an easier time making it through masks than Covid has.

And, to head off the inevitable, I am not saying Covid is the flu, they are both respiratory viruses that are passed in similar ways.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Don't see a problem with vaccine passwords, Yellow Fever one required for certain countries. No vaccine, no entry. Got a problem with that, tough. Have a nice day
You seem defensive snowflake ..just putting out some info..relaxe you'll be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.