Not open for further replies.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
yep. got it last week. was required to for my job.

next one will be 21 days from the first one.

rileythemustangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Riley
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I will be last in line lol, I'm young, healthy, and work from home. I am trying to find a vaccination clinic to volunteer at to that gives vaccinations for helping. My wife got hers due to her healthcare job already, her second one is this week.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Got mine last week and second dose scheduled for February 11. My wife and I got the Pfizer version. Neither of us had any reaction. Just a sore arm for the first day like with any other flu shot.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
At 59 years old I don't make the short list to get the shot. I would probably take it if offered. There's talk from HR at work where we could apply for essential worker status, since we are in the food and beverage business. When this whole mess started, I had to keep my FDA credentials in my truck in case I was stopped on the road.

Let the medical people and first responders and grocery workers step ahead as well as the elderly and compromised.

Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery
I am in the Pfizer/BioNTech Phase3 vaccine trial. I was inoculated in July/Aug 2020. Pfizer recently unblinded me and reported that I did indeed receive the vaccine rather than the placebo.

I'm no medical expert, but I have enough biology and physiology training to make me dangerous. I did quite a bit of research into the mRNA vaccines before (and since) volunteering for the study. I'm impressed with the technology and think it will be a game-changer for future vaccines.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm impressed with the technology and think it will be a game-changer for future vaccines.
if only it actually worked and wasn't suddenly killing dozens in just a single NY elderly home within weeks of giving it to their inmates. And Norway and ...

Taylor18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 1
I am in the Pfizer/BioNTech Phase3 vaccine trial. I was inoculated in July/Aug 2020. Pfizer recently unblinded me and reported that I did indeed receive the vaccine rather than the placebo.

I'm no medical expert, but I have enough biology and physiology training to make me dangerous. I did quite a bit of research into the mRNA vaccines before (and since) volunteering for the study. I'm impressed with the technology and think it will be a game-changer for future vaccines.
My background is a mix of health science, bio-tech, and epidemiology. I had researched mRNA in the past but refreshed my own memory before I was subject (by requirement of working in a healthcare facility) to getting the shot. I'm very hopeful that this will be, as you said, a game-changer. Many people fail to understand that the data and research on this has been around for a while. We built the drill, just needed the drill bit, and COVID-19 provided the opportunity to put it to work.

EDIT: Also, I got my second half on Monday. I was fine for 24 hours but got hit with fever/chills and general lethargy for a solid 12 hours which was pretty rough. Bounced back today though and good to go.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
if only it actually worked and wasn't suddenly killing dozens in just a single NY elderly home within weeks of giving it to their inmates. And Norway and ...
from what i've seen..that was shown to be blatantly false. The outbreak began before vaccinations were even given.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
NO THANKS!

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
yep. got it last week. was required to for my job.
Do you mind if you share with us the reason your job requires it?

I'm having a hard time with this. We're being told over and over and over again that getting vaccinated does not prevent you from getting the virus nor does it prevent you from spreading the virus to others if you do get it and that we should still wear masks and social distance. The only thing it does is prevent the user from getting symptoms and/or having bad reaction to the virus.

So if you don't have the vaccine, your are not allowed back to work, but if you do have the vaccine you are allowed back to work and have a superspreader event if everyone is just chillin' in a tightly packed room. Or worse yet, you then spread it to someone else that does not have the shot yet.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
nope, and I don't plan to...

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Do you mind if you share with us the reason your job requires it?

I'm having a hard time with this. We're being told over and over and over again that getting vaccinated does not prevent you from getting the virus nor does it prevent you from spreading the virus to others if you do get it and that we should still wear masks and social distance. The only thing it does is prevent the user from getting symptoms and/or having bad reaction to the virus.

So if you don't have the vaccine, your are not allowed back to work, but if you do have the vaccine you are allowed back to work and have a superspreader event if everyone is just chillin' in a tightly packed room. Or worse yet, you then spread it to someone else that does not have the shot yet.
I am in the military. I am training into a new specialty in a few months and those of us doing so are required to be vaccinated beforehand. We are also going to be locked down to the training location for the 6 months of training (unless things change).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.