1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I dont mean to be morbid. but who knows someone that has gotten it and how bad did they get it?
Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I know somebody who died from it. Well, my cousin's old roommate. 32 year old female, otherwise healthy. Probably had an underlying issue that either she didn't know about or didn't tell anybody besides her family about though.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
34 yr old man died here in Los Angeles - Seemed otherwise healthy. The belief that only the old will die is a myth.
Young people need to stay home and quit spreading it

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I bet vapers are at a really high risk, also heavy smokers of course. And yes weed counts. Luckily I've never vaped, never smoked a cigarette, and smoke about one joint every two years. My only underlying health issue is hayfever. I am however worried about carrying it and passing it on to others, so I take precautions and abide by the shelter in place we have as much as possible.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
My daughter's best friend from college has it. She's only 27 but has some history of respiratory issues. She was in the hospital for 2 days, released for a day, then went back for 2 days when her temperature spiked. She got out again Friday and is doing well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
1 old racer

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Good to hear. I must admit this thing has me on edge.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
My best friends wife works at a hospital here in Vegas and they have a patient that’s about to die from it, they called the family to let them know any hour now will be the last. She said the ER is dead there, no one going in. She is not properly equipped and have to use and reuse the same ppe now. That’s as close to knowing some as I can get.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
my daughters best friends nan had it, was in hospital but didn't need a ventilator. has now recovered. not sure how old but i'd imagine 70+

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My friend had blood drawn at work and they watched his cells surround the virus immediately and destroy it. Guess he’s immune
Your friend might want to hide before he gets “harvested”.

That’s pretty crazy.

Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
A friends college buddy and wife have it. Last check they were having breather problems but still at home.

Soon we will all know someone that has it. Death, taxes, and coronavirus. The new normal.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Wife was just telling me this morning of someone she knew that had it and got over it. He said it was the worst nearly 3 weeks of his life. Lay down and feel better, move around a feel like death is pulling you away from life. But when you lay down, your lungs are taking permanent damage crystalizing and stuff. So you have to keep moving. Nasty nasty stuff.

Deleted member 35644

Co-worker got it from her husband. That's close enough, as she passes by my desk 10x a day, and we use the same break room.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Who is at risk for severe disease from COVID-19?

Basically, older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions.

According to the Centers for Disease Control, those at high-risk for severe illness from COVID-19 include:
People aged 65 years and older
People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
Other high-risk conditions:
People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
People who have heart disease with complications
People who are immunocompromised including cancer treatment
People of any age with severe obesity (body mass index (BMI)≥40) or certain underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, such as those with diabetes, renal (kidney) failure, or liver disease might also be at risk
People who are pregnant should be monitored since they are known to be at risk with severe viral illness.
Many conditions can cause a person to be immunocompromised, including cancer treatment, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids (like Prednisone) and other immune weakening medications.

ravenofpoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
1 maybe 2 for me. A friend got it and is recovering nicely. He had sore throat dry cough and trouble breathing but mostly just went stir crazy at home. Another friend in another state is going in for testing today. He’s got the same symptoms.
Sponsored