OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
All All All of your big name rods companies have their rods forged overseas and finished in the U.S. Manley, Carrillo, Callies, k1, eagle, speedmaster, scat, molnar, all forged overseas and finished in the U.S.
You need to find a new builder because I have a set of Callies H beam 5.933 in my engine right now and can get you the part number
Callies and Oliver publish that their rods are 100% manufactured in the USA. Callies goes so far as to call out the source of their material as Timken steel which originates in the USA. If what you're saying is accurate then both Callies and Oliver are making fraudulent claims.

Which Callies H beams do you have? I talked to Callies yesterday and they confirmed they have no current plans to make an Ultra H beam in a 5.933" length. Please send me the part number of your rods because if Callies has an Ultra H in a 5.933" length I'll buy it today.
Sponsored

OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not to slam anyone, but without going into detail I had a negative experience with CNC. I ended up going through Lethal...with a 5% off code they're virtually the same price.
I have been talking to CNC and since you took the time to point out that you had a bad experience I would like to understand more about it. Can you DM me some details.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Callies and Oliver publish that their rods are 100% manufactured in the USA. Callies goes so far as to call out the source of their material as Timken steel which originates in the USA. If what you're saying is accurate then both Callies and Oliver are making fraudulent claims.

Which Callies H beams do you have? I talked to Callies yesterday and they confirmed they have no current plans to make an Ultra H beam in a 5.933" length. Please send me the part number of your rods because if Callies has an Ultra H in a 5.933" length I'll buy it today.
I don’t believe you said ultra H beam. Because I have compstar H beams.
Oliver rods may be 100% USA and maybe Callies ultra but Callies compstar and many other companies have the rods made overseas and finish them in the USA so they can say made in the USA. Just be careful

OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don’t believe you said ultra H beam. Because I have compstar H beams.
Oliver rods may be 100% USA and maybe Callies ultra but Callies compstar and many other companies have the rods made overseas and finish them in the USA so they can say made in the USA. Just be careful
I had asked for opinions between boostline and callies ultra i beam, but its all good I appreciate your responses in the thread.

For a billet rod my expectation is that the part is made 100% in the USA. Forged rods at a lower price point I can understand why the manufacturer sources the part from an overseas manufacturer. I agree, it pays to be cautious.

The guy at CNC didn't seem terribly interested in my business so I had my machine shop place an order for a set of ultra i beams. I spoke to Callies and walked through my plan and they confirmed that my motor won't present any kind of challenge for the ultra i beam. The folks at Callies are very knowledgeable, helpful, and responsive.

Thanks, all, who provided input.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I had asked for opinions between boostline and callies ultra i beam, but its all good I appreciate your responses in the thread.

The guy at CNC didn't seem terribly interested in my business so I had my machine shop place an order for a set of ultra i beams. I spoke to Callies and walked through my plan and they confirmed that my motor won't present any kind of challenge for the ultra i beam. The folks at Callies are very knowledgeable, helpful, and responsive.

Thanks, all, who provided input.
I have never had a problem with ordering from CNC but I have no idea about there knowledge or customer service. But if they are like that then I will go somewhere else from now on. They don’t realize that treating one customer bad can cost them a lot more than just that one sale

Sponsored

OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have never had a problem with ordering from CNC but I have no idea about there knowledge or customer service. But if they are like that then I will go somewhere else from now on. They don’t realize that treating one customer bad can cost them a lot more than just that one sale
To be fair to CNC, he didn't do anything overtly wrong I just didn't get a sense that he was vested in helping me solve my problem. I asked him if the rods available on his site were in stock and he replied with short one word answers. No detail about when they would become available or alternative options...he just gave off a pretty clear "go away" vibe, so I did. If the parts were in stock and I only had to interact with his website I would have placed an order not knowing any better.

My local shop is extremely helpful. They offered to call Callies and get me a lead time and so on. If I wanted to earn somebody's business that's how I'd do it, not with one word answers.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
When the companies are far away or just onlineI think that they feel like there’s a cushion between them. when you’re face-to-face with somebody you usually get better customer service. I guess because you can come back and be face-to-face with them again. Weather they get in trouble or not they have to deal with a pita customer that they probably don’t want to deal with.

OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I suppose it's a matter of perspective and calibrated expectations. For example, people who shop at Walmart expecting Saks 5th Ave service are in for a lot of disappointment. Conversely, people who shop at Saks 5th Ave expecting Walmart pricing are also in for a lot of disappointment. However, Walmart doesn't try to be Saks and Saks doesn't try to be Walmart...they stay in their respective swim lanes and it's clear to anybody paying attention.

When I read the blurb on CNC's website which closes with "If you don't happen to see what you need on-line, let us know how we can help" I take that as an invitation to ask questions for more information. If that makes me an undesirable pain in the ass customer then say something more to the effect of "If you don't happen to see what you need on-line don't call or email...we don't have it...go bother someone else" which would set expectations properly.

To their credit, CNC has great pricing on just about everything they sell which gives them some license to be subpar in the service area. I don't think it's a sustainable model in this industry but that's just my opinion...

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I suppose it's a matter of perspective and calibrated expectations. For example, people who shop at Walmart expecting Saks 5th Ave service are in for a lot of disappointment. Conversely, people who shop at Saks 5th Ave expecting Walmart pricing are also in for a lot of disappointment. However, Walmart doesn't try to be Saks and Saks doesn't try to be Walmart...they stay in their respective swim lanes and it's clear to anybody paying attention.

When I read the blurb on CNC's website which closes with "If you don't happen to see what you need on-line, let us know how we can help" I take that as an invitation to ask questions for more information. If that makes me an undesirable pain in the ass customer then say something more to the effect of "If you don't happen to see what you need on-line don't call or email...we don't have it...go bother someone else" which would set expectations properly.

To their credit, CNC has great pricing on just about everything they sell which gives them some license to be subpar in the service area. I don't think it's a sustainable model in this industry but that's just my opinion...
When I was a manager at Lowe’s we trained our employees in Each customer will spend a average of 200,000 over there life time. So treat each sale like you would a $200,000 sale

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang D1X GT, 2018 GT350, '17 Turbo Silverado, '99 Turbo Integra
That stinks. Ive bought from cnc without issue.
Ya, it is unfortunate because their prices are solid. One thing I feel like I'm learning through this process though...is spend 5% more, get a shit ton more customer service. At least has been my experience so far.

Places like Lethal, beefcake and Modular head shop have gone above and beyond.

Sponsored
OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
When I was a manager at Lowe’s we trained our employees in Each customer will spend a average of 200,000 over there life time. So treat each sale like you would a $200,000 sale
That's a terrific way to think about customer service and quickly calibrate a customer facing team.

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Random addition here and not to hijack, but if anyone is looking to order boostline rods....try to find them on shelves. Lead time is over 12 weeks from the manufacture.

OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I wasn't able to find a set of Boostline or Callies rods on the shelf anywhere. Summit seemed to have the shortest lead time on Boostline rods.

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wasn't able to find a set of Boostline or Callies rods on the shelf anywhere. Summit seemed to have the shortest lead time on Boostline rods.
2/21 seems like tomorrow in comparison :cwl: Wait it out, or spend the extra $300...hmmm
Sponsored