Sponsored

Best Connecting Rods money can buy for 1500 RWHP

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
@Tiago G.
Did you consider using a predator block ?
I know BES are not a fan of the PTWA liner .
Cost of new predator block is about the same cost to sleeve your Gen3 coyote .
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
Thanks, for whatever reason I didn't see them in Manley's online catalog. You'll still need to adjust the CH of the piston and ring package to account for the change of the pin location though. For FI, in this case, you'll get a higher CH for the piston which means the top land can be thicker than a stock piston.

The Gen3 valves are smaller in dia. than the Voodoo valves but have the same installed height

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks .
I assume that means the voodoo Valves won’t fit .

Well that saves me me some coin . Lol
Or does anyone else make an upgraded valve for the Gen3 coyote heads ?

OP
OP
Tiago G.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
I think I have a problem .
I am drooling over these rods
The Oliver ones seem most reasonably priced at less than $1400 . Lol
... must resist .
https://www.modularheadshop.com/c-1...g-rods-4-6l-5-0l-stroker-connecting-rods.html
Yep, Those should be the ones. Manley Pro series in 300 M for forced induction.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tiago G.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
I agree on replacing the valves on a high end build. Why risk a low dollar part (in the grand scheme of things) potentially killing a $25,000 engine?

I run Ferrea valves on my 1300whp Procharged Coyote
Did, you ask them to port and polish the heads while in there? LMAO, Does it ever end?
Are The Ferrea stock size valves or you had them to open that thing up for bigger valves?
I'm not too sure if this point it's not just better to order a pair of GT350 heads that comes with the sodium filled valves or not?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tiago G.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
I think I have a problem .
I am drooling over these rods
The Oliver ones seem most reasonably priced at less than $1400 . Lol
... must resist .
https://www.modularheadshop.com/c-1...g-rods-4-6l-5-0l-stroker-connecting-rods.html
One of the things is that each builder have parts of their choice. I mentioned Olivers to them before but it seems that the Manleys are doing an amazing job for these engines either with the Turbo Tough or the Pro series and it was very clear to me they are the brand of choice at BES.

OP
OP
Tiago G.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
I just bought a gen3 5.2 block to build, Im debating using the H tuff rods and extreme duty pistons or doing molnar powr adder rods with diamond 2k pistons. I dont know what to order, I want to live at 1k wheel with my Gen3r.
If you are going to build a stroker with the 3.8 or 3.9 callies crank you won't be able to go with the H turbo Tough rods.

OP
OP
Tiago G.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
@Tiago G.
Did you consider using a predator block ?
I know BES are not a fan of the PTWA liner .
Cost of new predator block is about the same cost to sleeve your Gen3 coyote .
No, I never did.

I don't trust those liners for making big power with these things, not if you are looking at doing passes over and over and over again they will get weaker and weaker over time.... I would only trust them if I was going to have my engine seating at 800-900 HP to the tire.
For the engine block to be able to LIVE with that much more cylinder pressures of + 900 hp F.I. applications,
I would say sleeves are must imo. Everyone involved with huge HP builds has been telling me that during the years, so I listened to them.

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So do you thing it would be more cost effective ( if we can call that at this point haha) to just have the fully assembled GT350 heads installed on my Gen III or it would require extensive machining and other things to make it work?? My build is another 8-10 weeks away so I still have time to pull the trigger and make new decisions on a few things.
No.
First of all the GT 350 heads wont work in a Gen3 - no DI

Second ,even if you could figure a way to make them work , I dont think they are worth the premium and have their own issues, related to oiling. They also require relatively expensive followers (not as expensive as Gen 3 coyote though) and cams .

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tiago G.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
No.
First of all the GT 350 heads wont work in a Gen3 - no DI

Second ,even if you could figure a way to make them work , I dont think they are worth the premium and have their own issues, related to oiling. They also require relatively expensive followers (not as expensive as Gen 3 coyote though) and cams .
baaahhh, I forgot about the D.I. lol
So, no reason to go backwards with the GT350 stuff.
I will just build up mine to be better than the little Shelby brother 5.2s.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
which valve springs did you get ?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)