Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT 2022 F150
Amazing! Good luck with the new turbo build!

Sponsored

MM24GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Great thread. Enjoyed following along.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Great thread. Enjoyed following along.

Glad you all enjoying.... we even tested with hood down, and yes there is a HP drop

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are some of the “testing” results. We did the velocity stack on throttlebody, “the dick” is a 6” RareFab pipe that locates it where the stock air filter is…

there can be a huge difference in the low rpm launches. This was some very interesting testing.

IMG_0313.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Neil T.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Here are some of the “testing” results. We did the velocity stack on throttlebody, “the dick” is a 6” RareFab pipe that locates it where the stock air filter is…

there can be a huge difference in the low rpm launches. This was some very interesting testing.

IMG_0313.jpeg
That is some interesting info. Any more tips or tricks with the 3.8 blower? how would the "dick" compare to a cobra jet? Any testing with a full 3" exhaust vs dumps? I'm getting ready to bolt one onto a built motor and shoot for ~1150-1200.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is some interesting info. Any more tips or tricks with the 3.8 blower? how would the "dick" compare to a cobra jet? Any testing with a full 3" exhaust vs dumps? I'm getting ready to bolt one onto a built motor and shoot for ~1150-1200.
There are a few tricks! The dick is better, I’m sure, it’s larger diameter and that’s the key to the 3.8. Getting the air in with less effort. Def worth the porting, can be 100whp. I ran ARH 2” headers w dumps on dyno. None results vs 3” full exhaust.

Neil T.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
There are a few tricks! The dick is better, I’m sure, it’s larger diameter and that’s the key to the 3.8. Getting the air in with less effort. Def worth the porting, can be 100whp. I ran ARH 2” headers w dumps on dyno. None results vs 3” full exhaust.
Gotcha, I think I'll look into a custom intake. Preciate it!

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha, I think I'll look into a custom intake. Preciate it!
Ken from PBD and Rarefab worked together on these a long time ago. was like $600 for the pipe, but it worked really well. I had a CF 3D printed velocity stack that went on the end that helped it even more. The velocity stack will help flow the air in. This pipe even flowed better than just the velocity stack on the end of the throttlebody.

IMG_4931.JPG
Sponsored