Sponsored

Cleaning rear interior glass, how do you do it?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I think you'll be happier with even the standard wholesale club MF towels which is what I use. I also don't think that short of scrubbing the glass with a strong detergent, you can't get glass cleaner than with this combination.

I've also come to prefer the aerosol version of IG despite my dislike of gas-powered cans of chemicals normally. Less "overspray" than with a pump and more predictable at spraying.

Me thinks you're gonna wonder why you didn't think of using the MF's sooner, my friend. :-)
Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Here's what I use.its great getting the rear and front ,getting that smoky grime from front window outgasing from dash
2 Pack Windshield Cleaner Car Window Cleaner Auto Window Cleaner Tool with Detachable Handle, 8 Pieces Reusable Cloth Pads and 2 Pieces Spray Bottles for Car Interior (Gray, Green) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08W1ZDYLK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_XH8MB8CWV8XVSKYC5CZF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I was thinking about the cleaner today.i switched to this one because it has an angle to it that puts more pressure on the cleaning head,which is made out if microtowl that can be cleaned
Car Windshield Cleaning Window Cleaner Brush Tool with Handle Auto Glass Cleaner Kit Interior Exterior Microfiber Cloth Pad Head https://a.co/d/499ZEOD

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I must be a glutton for punishment. I use the two towel method without any extra tools

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
It isn't easy. I'm 5'11" and 340# But I manage.

Sponsored

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
At 5'5" 190 I just crawling in the back and start cleaning. The sticks may be easier though, may give them a try.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Do yall use these cleaners on tinted glass?
A lot of household glass cleaners contain ammonia, which will stain and damage your plastic and vinyl surfaces. It can also damage your window tinting. There is an exception to that though in the form of Angelwax Vision -

IMG_1158.jpg

Vision does contain Ammonia but is labeled as tint safe. In any case, you would use Vision only on heavily soiled glass.

For the most part, most automotive glass cleaners would be alcohol-based formulas. Stoners even label their bottles with "Tint Safe" -

feb2192.jpg

A couple of others I have really liked using are Gyeon Q2M Glass and P&S True Vue -

dt2.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
When the windshield gets really bad, I use 90% IPA. Not sure how tint safe it would be but you do have to be careful about plastic trim. It will cause damage to the color but it does absolutely strip away any all crapola on glass.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
When the windshield gets really bad, I use 90% IPA. Not sure how tint safe it would be but you do have to be careful about plastic trim. It will cause damage to the color but it does absolutely strip away any all crapola on glass.
Yep…. I’ve used 90% IPA as well, always works and doesn’t leave any smears/streaking on the glass surface. Instead of shooting it onto the glass, I’ll just spray a paper towel or microfiber first, then wipe down the glass.
Sponsored