Sponsored

Cleaning rear interior glass, how do you do it?

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
Detailing entire vehicle yesterday, ran into a challenge. I didn't even try to get to that coupe rear glass after seeing such tight quarters. There must be a trick to it. Tell me how you do it.
Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
My mom had me use one of these to clean her windshield a few years ago. I laughed until I used it, now I own one. https://www.amazon.com/KNAFIT-Exten...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Here's what I use.its great getting the rear and front ,getting that smoky grime from front window outgasing from dash
2 Pack Windshield Cleaner Car Window Cleaner Auto Window Cleaner Tool with Detachable Handle, 8 Pieces Reusable Cloth Pads and 2 Pieces Spray Bottles for Car Interior (Gray, Green) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08W1ZDYLK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_XH8MB8CWV8XVSKYC5CZF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I use one of those goofy little stick things too.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I use one of those microfiber stick tools as well.

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Convertible
check for the Invisible glass kit. You can't go wrong. The one I bought came with the stick, 2 pads and a can of their magig glass cleaner safe for tinted windows.

1660292471211.png

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The Stoner's Reach and Clean Tool is 100% a necessity for any Mustang Hardtop's owner. For me, getting folded into the back seat is one thing, attempting to deal with the angle and depth of the screen is another. The tool also allows access right to the very bottom of the screen, which is hard to access due to the parcel shelf design and trim.

feb2192.jpg

Also good at getting easy coverage on the outside of larger pickups rather than having to reach out awkwardly to get the middle of the screen done.

IMG_1484.jpg

My go-to glass cleaner is also Stoners, in liquid form compared to the foaming type. It's cheap, available everywhere and gives excellent results. For towels, you want waffle weave to limit linting. And please, no newspaper, the ink that would help clean glass has not been used in decades.

Also, if the glass has not been cleaned in a long time and has a lot of film build up, you are best to clean it twice. The first cleaning will remove the bulk of that film, then put those towels aside and clean the glass again with fresh towels. This helps to limit simply pushing the grime around. And make sure the glass is not in direct sunlight or hot, this will induce smearing............ask me how I know this!

For all interior glass, it's safer to spray the product into your towel (or the Reach and Clean Tool) rather than directly onto the glass. This helps to avoid getting glass cleaner stains on your plastics and trim.

IMG_1479.jpg

sep159.jpg

jun305.jpg

Another product to look at would be the Carpro Glass Mitt -

IMG-0745.jpg

These are really well shaped for getting right into the corners and depths of interior glass.

IMG-0962.jpg

IMG-0964.jpg

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Detailing entire vehicle yesterday, ran into a challenge. I didn't even try to get to that coupe rear glass after seeing such tight quarters. There must be a trick to it. Tell me how you do it.
I drop the rear seats and slide my body into the trunk while im on my back. Makes it comfortable and easy.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I also keep a cleaner stick with a microfiber end on it tucked on the floor in the back seat. That way, when I stop at a light when the sun is low and notice the windshield is coated in a glaring film yet again I can knock it out real quick