Sponsored

Chasing False Knock

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
[MENTION=16504]mm2015[/MENTION] please post up a sound clip of the pypes headers. Are you catless?
Sponsored

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
[MENTION=16504]mm2015[/MENTION] please post up a sound clip of the pypes headers. Are you catless?
I can post one tomorrow. I am catted, connected to the stock exhaust currently as well. Still trying to decide what cat-back to get, if any.

OP
OP
RubyRedBoost

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
The amount in the can seems to fill alot. I check my oil every other fill up and it's still at the optimal level. Based on the dipstick I'm still full. So my guess is that all though the can catches quite a bit. Its still a relatively small amount with such a high oil capacity.

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
I can post one tomorrow. I am catted, connected to the stock exhaust currently as well. Still trying to decide what cat-back to get, if any.
Please do

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
So I finally got mine out. took me about 2 hours. Wow. I used a 10mm wrench and did 1/16 turns for about 45 mins then used my fingers to barely turn it. Once I got it loose enough I pulled up on the metal bracket and pulled the stud out, jammed a screw driver under the bolt to hold it in place while I removed the nut. Couldn't just pull the nut because when it was at the top of the bolt it hit one of the primaries, so I had to move the whole thing to get the nut out.

The rattle/hard buzzing I was hearing is GONE. I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary during a little test drive. Car felt like it ran smoother under WOT and felt stronger. Couldn't get traction at all in 1st or 2nd (even at ~30mph punch), 3rd felt like the tires were barely holding on. Time for new tires now...

I'll be putting a metal zip tie on it like DarkSubRosa did, thats a pretty good idea.

I'll try to get a clip up for Rozay tomorrow as well.

Sponsored

Carlosa_garcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB PP 6MT
I have SP headers and mine don't touch the bracket. No knocking either.

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Lund just got back to me. False knock is fixed after everything I did. I only pick up a little now when turning slow. Its from the Torsion locking and the tires scrubbing. We were able to recreate it. Car is running solid now and adding timing again. If I were to do the header install over again I'd just delete that whole bracket. It was a pain to get in there after the fact.
Why we're ur tires scrubbing mine are doing it. Hell if I turn the wheel the front end raises to that side .

OP
OP
RubyRedBoost

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Why we're ur tires scrubbing mine are doing it. Hell if I turn the wheel the front end raises to that side .
Its the lsd locking. The front wheels are doing it because its winter. They are hard as rocks and no sidewall flex.

Sponsored

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Its the lsd locking. The front wheels are doing it because its winter. They are hard as rocks and no sidewall flex.
Does it matter if it's a pp. car or regular gt. I have a regular gt. Also does the front of ur car raise or move while turning the wheel while parked?

OP
OP
RubyRedBoost

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Does it matter if it's a pp. car or regular gt. I have a regular gt. Also does the front of ur car raise or move while turning the wheel while parked?
Could just be a Ford rear end issue. I was told its normal and a known issue. As far as the front end raising. I believe due to the wheel movement you are traveling from + to - camber. Which would pitch the car as in entering a hard corner or drift. Normal function of the suspension.

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Could just be a Ford rear end issue. I was told its normal and a known issue. As far as the front end raising. I believe due to the wheel movement you are traveling from + to - camber. Which would pitch the car as in entering a hard corner or drift. Normal function of the suspension.
As far as the a.c. bracket that was moved but the shop didn't take that stud out anyway of removing it with the headers on? Is it easier to get to from the bottom or top? Worst case I'll cut the Damn thing

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
This is why I love this forum. This is exactly what I needed, I have the same problem with my SW LT. I've been searching trying to pinpoint my false knock. Thanks to yall I've found it. You can see from the pic its been scraping the header.
Screenshot_2016-02-03-22-14-40.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: