700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, this is going to sound weird. I was driving around today, and when I returned home I put the car in park and turned the engine off ( I am stopped at this point)and I hear this groaning creaking sound, seems like it is coming from the rear. It lasted a few seconds actually. It's hard to describe. Like something was alive or something! I have no idea what to think.

My brother was in the car and he heard it too. What the heck is going on?! That does not sound normal to me. I may be in big trouble.

Edit: the sound is a clunking noise similar to the noise while driving. I hear a few clunks, after I am stopped and parked mind you. After a few seconds it stops. It sounds like something is settling like its loose. I think it has to be a bushing or something that is out of place or worn down. Because if it was metal on metal, I wouldn't hear this when my car is not moving. There's no way for anything to hit if there's no motion. It must be unsettled somehow for this happen, which makes me think bushings.
I am having the EXACT same issue. Clunking at low speeds, when I park and then get up out of the car I hear it again. I initially tightened my end links and it went away. Then came back. Switched them for Whitelines and noise was gone. Noise came back again and then I had that floaty feeling. Actually lost control of the car going straight at 35 mph, no throttle. My knuckle to toe rod bearing was bad so I changed that and the floaty feeling went away. Tightened toe rods cause I thought that was it. Noise came back and presently is still here. I've been at a loss for a long time ago. I'm hoping this sequence will fix this as I've been dealing with this issue for close to 8 months now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I am having the EXACT same issue. Clunking at low speeds, when I park and then get up out of the car I hear it again. I initially tightened my end links and it went away. Then came back. Switched them for Whitelines and noise was gone. Noise came back again and then I had that floaty feeling. Actually lost control of the car going straight at 35 mph, no throttle. My knuckle to toe rod bearing was bad so I changed that and the floaty feeling went away. Tightened toe rods cause I thought that was it. Noise came back and presently is still here. I've been at a loss for a long time ago. I'm hoping this sequence will fix this as I've been dealing with this issue for close to 8 months now.
What is happening? That is terrible, I'm sorry to hear that. Now that is making me concerned about my issue. I think I probably still have the toe to knuckle bushing and not a bearing. Definitely don't want to lose control of the car. I'm shocked that you have been unable to figure out the issue. This sucks if indeed we have the same problem.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The shop found the problem. It turned out the toe rod was not positioned correctly. It was a little cockeyed and so when the suspension moved, the toe rod was hitting. Driving back yesterday and today I haven't heard any noises, knock on wood. Dead silent thus far and think it's gonna stay that way. :-)

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
The shop found the problem. It turned out the toe rod was not positioned correctly. It was a little cockeyed and so when the suspension moved, the toe rod was hitting. Driving back yesterday and today I haven't heard any noises, knock on wood. Dead silent thus far and think it's gonna stay that way. :-)
Were there any signs or score marks on the toe rod?

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Were there any signs or score marks on the toe rod?
According to them yes. There were signs of wear on it. But the toe rod is still fine and they were able to correct the problem it seems. Apparently the rod was not centered in its neutral position which was causing unwanted movement that resulted in a clunking noise.

They actually went through my entire rear suspension and went through each part one by one. With the help of [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] - they were able to identify it.

The only thing I don't have which I wish I did, was the FRPP toe to knuckle bearing. I think this piece + a BMR CB007 or CB006 would perfect my suspension setup. Maybe add some Steeda caster/camber plates to get more aggressive with my alignment.

But for now, I don't even wanna hear about suspension anymore. I'm just glad it's fixed. It was causing me a lot of stress, because I worry about things a lot. It's just my nature. It was making me reconsider the whole thing, and made wish I had kept it stock. But, sometimes to improve things you have to go through some growing pains. And these mods have definitely improved how my car handles.

Sponsored

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
According to them yes. There were signs of wear on it. But the toe rod is still fine and they were able to correct the problem it seems.
I have the same toe rods. I am wondering if that's the issue. Do you know what they did to fix it or how they could tell it was cockeyed? Mine previously were "off" a little and "fixed" but I don't know. I am leaning towards the diff bushing inserts being the issue. Here is a video of my noise, is this what yours sounded like?

[ame]

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
My noise sounded a little bit like that but my noise only seems to happen when going over uneven surfaces. I heard a clunk clunk clunk.. Then gone. Yours sounds like something is rattling. Yours sounds to me like more of constant rattling then a periodic clunk clunk. Sounds like you might have more than issue happening simultaneously.

Did you get all of your suspension installed at one time?

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hey guys it's the toe rods,

It was a matter of putting the car on ramps, loosening the adjustable toe rods and then bolting them back on.

Torquing everything under load solved it

The noise you hear is binding

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
My noise sounded a little bit like that but my noise only seems to happen when going over uneven surfaces. I heard a clunk clunk clunk.. Then gone. Yours sounds like something is rattling. Yours sounds to me like more of constant rattling then a periodic clunk clunk. Sounds like you might have more than issue happening simultaneously.

Did you get all of your suspension installed at one time?
That is me driving over bumps the whole time, I live in New Orleans, aka land of the craters. I don't hear it really over flat surfaces, which are few and far between here. I did not install everything at once.

Hey guys it's the toe rods,

It was a matter of putting the car on ramps, loosening the adjustable toe rods and then bolting them back on.

Torquing everything under load solved it

The noise you hear is binding
So you did it under load right? Did you take the bolts completely out or just loosen?

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That is me driving over bumps the whole time, I live in New Orleans, aka land of the craters. I don't hear it really over flat surfaces, which are few and far between here. I did not install everything at once.

So you did it under load right? Did you take the bolts completely out or just loosen?
I took the bolts out and did it under load yes

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
When you say "Under load" you're meaning NOT with the wheels hanging right?

Also, is it toe rod or tie rod?

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I get a very similar clunk in the video in the right rear, I have all stock suspension parts save for the BMR Performance springs and PP struts and shocks

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
[MENTION=19599]Bluemustang[/MENTION] - good to see you got taken care of my friend.

Things like this are pretty common, it keeps me busy that is for sure!

Enjoy!

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
[MENTION=19599]Bluemustang[/MENTION] - good to see you got taken care of my friend.

Things like this are pretty common, it keeps me busy that is for sure!

Enjoy!
Thank you very much with your assistance in getting it taken care of. I am enjoying it.:thumbsup:
Sponsored