NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Im still dealing with this as well, kind of try to ignore it but its really annoying over small dips and bumps. I retorqued everything with the car sitting flat on the lift but still have the clunks. I will take a look at the vertical links also and the lower strut mount bolt and make sure they are good.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
^Thanks I will look into that

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Today I went over a speed bump at pretty slow speed - heard some bad creaking and clunking in the rear- right rear same as before. As I entered a gas station I heard loads of clunks going over the uneven surfaces. This is bad. I hear the clunk just driving down my street. My dad drove it and he thought it sounds like something rattling inside the car. But I don't see how that's possible. I have nothing in the trunk, not even a spare. The car never did this stock.

I've been to this place 3 times now and still having issues. It's very inconvenient to take it there because it's about an hour from my house and they're only open Mon-Fri. I can't take off any more time from work for this.

I'm considering taking it to the Ford dealer and have them take a look. Any suggestions,
Please help!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Have tried to reach out to kelly at Bmr?

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
Check your end links! I had the same problem every time I went over a surface that wasn't even. Make sure they are installed on the same setting on the sway bar.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any word back from kelly at Bmr?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I called Kelly at BMR this afternoon and he gave me some very good insight on what to look for in each part that we can use to pinpoint the issue. I'm going to take a look at what I can under the car and I think I can get the shop to talk to with Kelly and that should help us to pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

Based on our conversation, the suspects are most likely either the cradle lockout, toe rods, or rear sways/end links. Will update with my progress for anyone else that has issues.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I called Kelly at BMR this afternoon and he gave me some very good insight on what to look for in each part that we can use to pinpoint the issue. I'm going to take a look at what I can under the car and I think I can get the shop to talk to with Kelly and that should help us to pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

Based on our conversation, the suspects are most likely either the cradle lockout, toe rods, or rear sways/end links. Will update with my progress for anyone else that has issues.
Good news!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
While it doesn't seem as if you did anything to the differential mounts, do check those bolts as well. I'm convinced you need to retighten these with the car in the ground even after lowing springs and especially if putting in inserts as these bushings could very well be affected by alterations in suspension geometry. I've heard odd noises coming from the center of lowered cars in the rear, not so much clunks but more like a rubbing sound, that was eliminated by doing this. Literally you could see the diff shift once the last bolt was loosened and then retorqued to spec, noise gone. All on different cars than the mustang but can't be that different.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a very annoying clunking going on that sounds like it's coming from the rear as well. I have a feeling it's going to be the rear shock mounts. Have you checked those? That's why Steeda came out with their billet options.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Ok, this is going to sound weird. I was driving around today, and when I returned home I put the car in park and turned the engine off ( I am stopped at this point)and I hear this groaning creaking sound, seems like it is coming from the rear. It lasted a few seconds actually. It's hard to describe. Like something was alive or something! I have no idea what to think.

My brother was in the car and he heard it too. What the heck is going on?! That does not sound normal to me. I may be in big trouble.

Edit: the sound is a clunking noise similar to the noise while driving. I hear a few clunks, after I am stopped and parked mind you. After a few seconds it stops. It sounds like something is settling like its loose. I think it has to be a bushing or something that is out of place or worn down. Because if it was metal on metal, I wouldn't hear this when my car is not moving. There's no way for anything to hit if there's no motion. It must be unsettled somehow for this happen, which makes me think bushings.
Sponsored

Last edited: