Sponsored

Challenger SRT Hellcat

M.Senger

Threads
Reaction score
I love SRT products. Now put the supercharger into Viper!
Sponsored

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
A nice and comprehensive effort by Dodge... except it's by far the largest and heaviest of the pony cars.. if you can even call a 4400 pound coupe that. And it's got the skinniest tires... only 275s all around for all this power and weight. It'll light them up easily.
It's not a racetrack car or a handling car... it still a cruiser.
This is a mid-life freshening... and any kind of replacement is years off. Yes, it was announced in the recent press conference that covered their extremely aggressive 5 year plan. The replacement chassis is envisioned as much smaller and lighter... but has not yet been developed. And it's hard to see how that new Alfa/Chrysler platform is going to handle an engine such as this.

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
It's as big as a Chrysler 300. I think Dodge is going to scale it down a lot for the next version. They just took a charger/300 and put two doors on it.

A benefit of that size is it rides more smoothly and has plenty of back seat and trunk space. Definitely a cruiser but I think that is OK, it doesn't seem to be hurting sales.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I didn't find any info on the tire size, I know after driving them the 245's don't do well in cornering a 4200+ pound vehicle. I actually stuck my hand behind the rear tires to see how much clearance there was for bigger tires...not much with out modifying plastic shields. If they come with 275's on the new ones that would help, but still way to heavy of a car.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
If I had money for a second muscle car this one would be it.

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
It looks great, but still far too heavy for my liking. Take 500 pounds out and it would be some serious competition for the current gt 500.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Looks great but would never plunk down 50k+ for a dodge product.

late apex

Still love Mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
I Never thought I would consider driving a Dodge, but with the regular R/T putting out 485 HP with a useful rear seat I might have to check it out.
Good looking car

Too bad everything GM builds lately gets recalled. :crazy:

Sponsored

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
Glad Mopar is getting with the times. Seems like yesterday that Ralph G was getting butthurt over the competition putting blowers on their v8s.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Not gonna like, the exhaust note game me a bit of a boner...
Don't care if it's production or not. This thing sounds GOOD.

[ame]

georgejetson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a Cadillac
New Challenger (and Charger) are scheduled to arrive in the fall of 2018 as 2019 models. That's a long way off for the cars that they're supposedly rebuilding the Dodge brand around. Meanwhile, we're pretending that the 2015 is a substantial refresh, although really they just gave it a version of the dash that the Charger has had for a few years and tweaked the end caps.

The current car really isn't a pony car, it's something else. It's heavier than it should be, but it has a real back seat that 3 adults can fit in, and it's a nice highway cruiser. It's a usable daily driver for a guy (like me) who has kids big enough that a Mustang's back seat isn't an option. But it isn't anybody's idea of nimble.

There are still some talented people working at Chrysler, and they do these cars with a lot of love and include some very nice touches. The Hellcat will surely be very fast, it will probably do a little better on the track than people expect, and its owners will really love it. But it's still far heavier than a Mustang or Camaro -- and even 300 lb heavier than the outgoing CTS-V sedan, which is just ridiculous.

The bottom line is that they don't have the money to spend that Ford (and GM) have, and it shows.

Bullitt3980

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I got no problem with the Challenger--my brother has one and its a great car for a long trip and the back seat isn't a bad place to be. Anyone who wants a Challenger is in a different market than the Mustang.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Not gonna like, the exhaust note game me a bit of a boner...
Don't care if it's production or not. This thing sounds GOOD.

Sounds amazing.
Sponsored