'13 GT

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
And the regular Hellcat also gets a power bump, 717HP is now the Hellcat "baseline". Let's see how the GT500 behaves around the Hellcat and Hellcat Red Eye (even when it's true competitor will be the ZL1).
True no doubt about it. Competitor realistically will be Camaro ZL1:cheers:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Yawn... where's my Supra... and I mean a real one... one that competes in the Mustang price range, is significantly better quality, and around it develops a wonderful aftermarket culture of road racing awesomeness? :)

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
And the regular Hellcat also gets a power bump, 717HP is now the Hellcat "baseline". Let's see how the GT500 behaves around the Hellcat and Hellcat Red Eye (even when it's true competitor will be the ZL1).
Well it’s “true” competitor may be the ZL1 it still competes for sales against the hellcat. For what I see power and comfort sure seems to sell over supreme handling. For every 1 GT350/ZL1 I see like 10 hellcats, and I drive all over roughly 100+ miles a day.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Yawn... where's my Supra... and I mean a real one... one that competes in the Mustang price range, is significantly better quality, and around it develops a wonderful aftermarket culture of road racing awesomeness? :)
Meh. That’s was forever ago. And really needed to be modded to be truly great.

The Supra was more a vette competitor, so comparing to mustang or camaro is like comparing the corvette to them. Rice had its day when America was relying only on cubic inches and the imports were using turbos. But with the 2003 Terminator (apologies to the Lightning), Ford wised up (mostly. Still an SC. Not turbo) and started throwing FI into the mix on V8 engines and reaping the benefits from the factory. The internals now have great durability which was lacking many years ago.

Rather see a mustang that redefines the meaning of pony car with high quality fit and finish, razor sharp handling, and acceleration that would blow the ford off all enemies foreign and domestic. We may get most if not all of that in the 500.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Well it’s “true” competitor may be the ZL1 it still competes for sales against the hellcat. For what I see power and comfort sure seems to sell over supreme handling. For every 1 GT350/ZL1 I see like 10 hellcats, and I drive all over roughly 100+ miles a day.
Good point, however a GT500 could steal some of those customers (since they didn’t choose a GT350 only because “it’s not powerful enough”). Both HC and HC RE will be in the “700’s” so in a way they all fall in the same category for those guys (and not the ZL1 because of the 650Hp).

Wretched

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grocery Getter
So, excuse the ignorance, the GT500 is a Demon competitor? A big horse power straight line monster? The GT350 being the circuit carver?

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So, excuse the ignorance, the GT500 is a Demon competitor? A big horse power straight line monster? The GT350 being the circuit carver?
The GT500 can’t compete with the Demon in the quarter mile. The GT500 versus the Red Eye could be interesting. Dodge has upped the HC to 797 what is Ford going to bring in the GT500.

Sponsored

GTF351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford FPV GTF351
The GT500 can’t compete with the Demon in the quarter mile. The GT500 versus the Red Eye could be interesting. Dodge has upped the HC to 797 what is Ford going to bring in the GT500.
advertised badge number outputs don't really stand for much. Ford did say that the new GT500 hp will start with the number 7?

At the end of the day, its what times it runs on the track and lap times around a circuit against your competitors that matters.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Hellcats are like old overweight men on steroids. Car does nothing for me. If I were looking for a 10 second car I would buy a whipple.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Well with the update, the Scat Pack is now has better value..... now gets an original hellcat hood, a wide body option, and the SRT adaptive suspension is now an option. regular 392 SRT is gone for now, I think it will come back with a 426 Hemi?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I was at a car show a couple of weeks ago. Both the local Mustang and Mopar clubs were there. The late model Challengers out numbered late model Mustangs by at least 2 to 1.
Sponsored