Sponsored

CFTP Wing

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I spent some time on the phone today as I noticed some new shipment history details.

gyyygyy.JPG

I wasn't getting anywhere trying to contact any AIT affiliates but talked to some good people that forwarded my name, address, etc. I then got a couple of emails.

11121.JPG

Don't know if I triggered the above or it happened on its own. Regardless, I scheduled delivery, turns out with a local operation that had the order handed off to them.

https://mobileairtrans.com/

Mobile Air Trans then called me and we scheduled a delivery time.

DeliveryReceipt-page-001.jpg

So, signature is required, a good thing. I hope this helps anyone else that has one coming. The batteries on the Canon R5 are charged up and I'm ready to get up and close with this bad boy.

:)
Sponsored

Last edited:

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Emailed AC yesterday and this is the response I got, then I asked for more details and got this back which does not make much sense, they said they have been shipping since June. I thought they were not available to order when I did in October, WTF! Am I getting the run around? Is the pecking order a Government guarded secret?
Sales Dept ([email protected])To:you Details
David

We do not provide the position of a specific order, sorry. We began shipping the Type-TPW carbon fiber rear track pack wing last June. Production is very time consuming, we are implementing a few production changes which should improve our delivery dates. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Anderson Composites Team

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2022 5:06 PM
To: Sales Dept <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: GT 500 wing

2020 GT 500 CFTP wing. I sent an email this morning with the order # from Lethal Performance.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 31, 2022, at 7:59 PM, Sales Dept <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> We manufacture several differ wings for the GT500; 2010-2014 GT500, 2020-2022 GT500 base model and 2020-2022 GT500 CFTP wing. Please advise.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anderson Composites Team
>
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: toothdkdr (null) <[email protected]>
> Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2022 4:42 PM
> To: Sales Dept <[email protected]>
> Subject: GT 500 wing
>
> Could you please tell me what # I am on the waiting list and how many you have sent out so far? Thanks
>
> Sent from my iPhon

Sent from my iPhone

AC-RS20FDMU500-TPW
Thu, Mar 31, 2022 1:49 pm

David

This wing is on back order due to high popularity and the difficulty to manufacture (it takes approximately 5 days to manufacture one wing). It is difficult to provide an actual date based on the number of orders, please feel free to check back with us in a few weeks for an update. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Anderson Composites Team

sig2

fb-artlinkedin-logo instagram-glyph Youtube_2013_icon

Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2022 4:56 AM
Subject: New customer message on March 31, 2022 at 4:56 am

You received a new message from your online store's contact form.

Country Code:
US
Name:
david kirschner
Email:
[email protected]
Body:
I have an order with Lethal Performance # 100234038 placed on 10/27/2021 for the GT500 wing. Could you please give me an update to the status of this order since its gone way past the promised date! Thank you

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I have to agree with Tom. AC could be a bit more forthcoming with their information. Reading through this thread does not give me the warm and fuzees. It seems all companies now, no matter the REAL situation says "supply chain" problems.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@Anderson
@LETHAL
You stink. Yeah, that's right. You stink.
I reread this. LOL, I thought you were talking to me, LOL.

And yes, I agree, but I don't know if this is really @LethalPerformance 's fault.

I have a suggestion...... Since AC isn't stepping up and providing any updates, maybe Lethal can chime in on this thread from time to time with updates? I think its safe to say that most everyone bought from Lethal.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Emailed AC yesterday and this is the response I got, then I asked for more details and got this back which does not make much sense, they said they have been shipping since June. I thought they were not available to order when I did in October, WTF! Am I getting the run around? Is the pecking order a Government guarded secret?
David

We do not provide the position of a specific order, sorry. We began shipping the Type-TPW carbon fiber rear track pack wing last June. Production is very time consuming, we are implementing a few production changes which should improve our delivery dates. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Anderson Composites Team

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2022 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: GT 500 wing

2020 GT 500 CFTP wing. I sent an email this morning with the order # from Lethal Performance.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 31, 2022, at 7:59 PM, Sales Dept <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> We manufacture several differ wings for the GT500; 2010-2014 GT500, 2020-2022 GT500 base model and 2020-2022 GT500 CFTP wing. Please advise.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anderson Composites Team
>
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: toothdkdr (null) <[email protected]>
> Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2022 4:42 PM
> To: Sales Dept <[email protected]>
> Subject: GT 500 wing
>
> Could you please tell me what # I am on the waiting list and how many you have sent out so far? Thanks
>
> Sent from my iPhon

Sent from my iPhone

AC-RS20FDMU500-TPW
Thu, Mar 31, 2022 1:49 pm

David

This wing is on back order due to high popularity and the difficulty to manufacture (it takes approximately 5 days to manufacture one wing). It is difficult to provide an actual date based on the number of orders, please feel free to check back with us in a few weeks for an update. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Anderson Composites Team

sig2

fb-artlinkedin-logo instagram-glyph Youtube_2013_icon

Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2022 4:56 AM
Subject: New customer message on March 31, 2022 at 4:56 am

You received a new message from your online store's contact form.

Country Code:
US
Name:
david kirschner
Email:
[email protected]
Body:
I have an order with Lethal Performance # 100234038 placed on 10/27/2021 for the GT500 wing. Could you please give me an update to the status of this order since its gone way past the promised date! Thank you

Those responses are beautiful non-responses.

The guys at AC ought to be in political office.

His responses are nothing but crap!

5 days to manufacture a wing, REALLY 40 hours!!!!! Sounds like they are developing the wing still after a year of taking orders.

Either AC is full of a bunch of incompetent idiots, very possible, or you are being flat out lied to.

I have been in charge of the manufacture and transfer of a great deal of Aerospace carbon fiber components and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY this wing takes 40 hours of manufacturing time to produce. The longest process is the autoclave oven with the part bagged and under a vacuum to cure the part. That oven made be a 5-15 hour process time based on material thickness. HOWEVER you load the oven with as many parts as will fit, not one.

AC is lying to you all with this type of junk or they truly are morons.

Sorry to vent but I am so tired of people lying because they feel there is no way they will be caught.

WELL AC you are caught and accused of lying or incompetence, your choice.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
To break some of the tension…

for those of you with 2020 500s (possibly 2021s):

which wait is/was worse? The car or the wing?

really do hope it gets sorted for you guys though. Can’t imagine putting up that dough and not getting solid answers or any at all.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I feel for David Me and him were 1 & 2 with MPR and I knew something didnt add up, and jumped ship because I would have gone through the roof if I had nothing this long (MPR also is getting from AC if there still in it).

I am going to venture a guess that AC is outsourcing the CF Wing and its stuck in the shipping containers off the coast and they are BSing all around, because they have to get it first before sending it out, as you can see they aren't shipping it from the source so you dont know where its coming from. I think you should look for the microscopic etching on the wing that says "Made in China".

🤣

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We began shipping the Type-TPW carbon fiber rear track pack wing last June. Production is very time consuming, we are implementing a few production changes which should improve our delivery dates. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Anderson Composites Team
I believe I've been on top of this offering for quite some time now and am also scratching my head on this one. I knew of one prototype that was on a car out in the public at the end of last summer.

From AC's IG page...

lkklll.JPG

That was a prototype put on ibecellin's GT350 at the end of the summer. Confirmed from ibecellin's own page...

ihihinkkkk.JPG

I suppose if AC meant that by "shipping since last June" then it would make sense but this was a prototype. The very first day that you could order (aside from any close knit pre-orders that I never saw mentioned anywhere) was on October 25th of last year.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/cftp-wing.161565/page-17#post-3396316

Regardless, here we are in April of 2020. I think everyone, including myself, expected delays with this part. I can only speak for myself in that Anderson has been prompt with responses and professional in that regard. The general time frame they gave me was accurate whenever they were in a position to do so. They are finally moving out the door. For you guys that are waiting, I'd stay in touch with your vendor (I assume Lethal in many cases here on this site) and have them report back from Anderson as to where your order may stand in the process. That's all you can do as much as I know it isn't easy. Hopefully, I can report back here with a good look at the wing and what each of you that ordered will be getting.

I think you should look for the microscopic etching on the wing that says "Made in China".
I'm not sure how fair that is given the fact that the OEM wing, I believe the one you have, comes from China.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I'm not sure how fair that is given the fact that the OEM wing, I believe the one you have, comes from China.
I wouldn't doubt it, but my point behind it was due to the delay, if they claim it takes 5 days to complete a wing, then why on earth has it been this long to get it to customers? If it was in house then their timelines should be met, thats all I meant when bringing it up.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think those are 5 consecutive days but rather in totality.

Things are moving and hopefully become streamlined with whatever changes AC mentioned are going to be implemented.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I don't think those are 5 consecutive days but rather in totality.

Things are moving and hopefully become streamlined with whatever changes AC mentioned are going to be implemented.
moving for who? So far everyone else is getting the run around.

shelbykr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2009 Shelby GT500KR 2008 Shelby GT-C
I think AC are up to date on your views and monitoring regularly.
Is AC and Seibon connected anyway besides the same location?

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moving for who? So far everyone else is getting the run around.
Erolivas got his recently, likely one of the first available to the public. I was at the top of Lethal's list and mine is on the way. No doubt there are others that shipped out as well. Just a few weeks ago they had yet to move any of these.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone who ordered a wing have any sign of good news? I just heard from someone today and was told that the word is that there is no projected shipping date and none can be provided. Of course, they were offered a full refund if they wanted to cancel.

I think everyone who ordered a wing from lethal needs to contact them for a definitive shipping date.

Report back here with your results.

SICKGT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Does anyone who ordered a wing have any sign of good news? I just heard from someone today and was told that the word is that there is no projected shipping date and none can be provided. Of course, they were offered a full refund if they wanted to cancel.

I think everyone who ordered a wing from lethal needs to contact them for a definitive shipping date.

Report back here with your results.
I just canceled my order last week. Ordered on October 25th 2021 right when it went up to order.
Just tired of all the runaround from AC. All I get out of Lethal is them telling me Ac says to check back in a month or two.
Sponsored