Sponsored

Cavalli Turbo......

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I dont understand how this would give any gains if it is the same size? I would think the only thing we would gain is a faster spool. If a 5858 makes 420 on pump gas this wouldnt be near as much right ?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Sponsored

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont understand how this would give any gains if it is the same size? I would think the only thing we would gain is a faster spool. If a 5858 makes 420 on pump gas this wouldnt be near as much right ?

I'll go tens on something like that :)

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I'll go tens on something like that :)

The Cavalli, or similar, is as far as I want to go turbo wise on this car, obviously it would be enough to be ridiculous!

I just want one that I can run plenty of power at a dialed down setting and then switch maps on the 1320 and be "that guy".

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
How much power would this make at a minimum at the wheels? Im just curious of your opinions

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
You'll have to wait for them to finish up testing before they can give you any results. It's a shame they didn't have the turbine housing re-casted, the biggest limitation of the factory turbo is the turbine housing.

Sponsored

BGolden

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rip tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang & 2015 WRX STI
You'll have to wait for them to finish up testing before they can give you any results. It's a shame they didn't have the turbine housing re-casted, the biggest limitation of the factory turbo is the turbine housing.
Look a little closer. it is recasted. There is not one part on the new turbo from the stock one. We will be testing it later this week. Catching up from an event this weekend.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Look a little closer. it is recasted. There is not one part on the new turbo from the stock one. We will be testing it later this week. Catching up from an event this weekend.
Yea, re-casted with factory twin scroll. The turbo is so small and efficient it isn't benefiting from the twin scroll, in fact it is actually being limited by the twin scroll.

I hope it performs well, I just know the problems that were ran into with utilizing the stock twin scroll setup limited output and caused boost issues when using the factory boost strategies.

Get this thing tested and post up some results, very curious what it can do on your built motor.

Torsen

Scott Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MEB 6MT
This turbo is lame and like most cavalli turbos it will be like 2k or something absurd. I was hoping they made something larger with a housing that extended off the manifold to accommodate for a larger compressor and turbine. getting it to bolt to the stock downpipe and intake is such an easy thing to cast at the exhaust flange and intake flange. Im already pretty disapointed but we will see.

Sponsored

mmorningstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Well a stock turbo is like $650, so at $1300 without all the hassle of manifold adaptors and downpipe changes, and if it will make minimum 400/400 it would be great, if it's much more money than that.....why bother....

-Matt
2015 EBM PP.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
so the question is
How much money are we talking about here?

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
Price was given many pages back
The price point on the turbo is $2199. It will include a Turbosmart actuator, Billet compressor wheel, triple ball bearing, and a 18 month warranty. The turbo bolts on to any stock turbo location parts: Exhaust, intake, charge pipes, etc. We will have a kit built around the Cavalli turbo and will bolt on in a day. The turbos are expected to be available in September.
Found the price post

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Price was given many pages back

Found the price post
I remember that. Still think the triple BB is overkill on a smaller turbo, which in turn, adds a good bit to the price. As quick as the twin scroll spools, there's really no need for TBB. Even if it has a slight lag over the OEM unit with a journal bearing vs BB, that would actually be a benefit for bringing the power on a little higher in the rpm band.

If it was in the $1300-1500 ball park, I would be game. $2200...no thanks, not for a stock replacement unit. For not much more, I could do the MAP or similar upgrade kit and have a lot more potential. I understand the cost of developing something new, but also have to look at what the market will support price wise.